Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love staying at value.....I could never afford the upper case hotels. So I am really excited to stay here. I have always stayed at the pop but I have already made plans to stay here. Little Mermaid building
I have never stayed at the All Stars, but with people on a very tight budge I think this is wondeful to add to the "World"

The murphy-type bed looks awesome...thanks for that link. I have always wondered what type fold-out beds they use in the family suites. These look way more comfortable than fold-outs. My DS17 has had it with those :lmao: . These look way more tolerable. We may consider this as a good option for our family :goodvibes .

1) I am not overly excited about the new resort.
. . . the theming is "OK"
. . . the fact that it is a Value is nice
. . . the location is fine
2) But, I am really excited that they are FINALLY finishing POP.
3) And, that they are doing family suites !

NOTE: We probably will not have need for a family suite, but it is GREAT to know that those with more than the typical 2-adult and 2-children family will have somewhere to stay for a reasonable price !!!!

NOTE: We probably will not have need for a family suite, but it is GREAT to know that those with more than the typical 2-adult and 2-children family will have somewhere to stay for a reasonable price !!!!

:thumbsup2
I'm looking forward to reading more about this resort. What a great option for large families!

that will be awesome to stay! what is the year the Art of Animation resort opening and see some videos about this newest hotel!

If you look on first page first posting by me you will see when it will open :-)
Did you all see I changed my count down...Can't wait for the New tracers come out :)

I am excited to see it, but really don't have a desire to stay there since we don't need a suite. I would rather pay for 2 rooms than a suite too. Suites are more expensive.
As for sharing buses, I doubt it will be much of a problem most of the time. I have only been on a Pop bus maybe 3 times in 3 trips where the bus wasn't loaded to standing room only. So there will be no room for it to even go overr to the other resort.
My guess is that they will have separate buses most of the time, and only during mid day hours when things are slow will they share.

I'm excited about the new resort. Even though we're DVC members, we usually come in a day or two before our DVC stay starts and try different resorts. Since we're a group of 3 adults and 2 children, I'm definitely interested in the family suites.

I guess I'm in the minority here but I'm kind of bummed that they won't be finishing the POP :( Family suites don't fit our family of 7....so we have to get two rooms anyway. We love the POP so much that I was really looking forward to seeing the connecting hotel when it finished....sadly that will never be now. I do hope they revamp the current POP to be the whole century though....kind of silly if they don't. Sharing buses doesn't seem like a great deal either...unless they get more buses in service. Right now they are pretty packed....so I'd hate to think of how they'll be when sharing with another resort of POPs size.

While I don't normally like the values, I am interested in this resort. I may try the family suites the next time we go when my baby is 5 or so, because by then we won't be able to stay at POR unless we get 2 rooms. But, I have to say I know I'll be disappointed with the pool because my kids love the pool slides! Unfortunately with a family of 6, we don't have many choices and we can't afford the deluxes. So, I will be torn!!

While I don't normally like the values, I am interested in this resort. I may try the family suites the next time we go when my baby is 5 or so, because by then we won't be able to stay at POR unless we get 2 rooms. But, I have to say I know I'll be disappointed with the pool because my kids love the pool slides! Unfortunately with a family of 6, we don't have many choices and we can't afford the deluxes. So, I will be torn!!

I agree with you, I don't much like values, but I think that I will try this one out when we decided to do out Christmas 2012 trip. During December we won't be hugely interested in swimming anyway.

My family and i mostly stay at the moderate resorts. Not a big fan of the values. This resort im am curious. I love the little mermaid, lion king, finding nemo, and kinda like cars. They should call this resort the all star movies two resort because they are so much alike but they have better movies in this one.

So, the entire resort won't be just suites? I was thinking there would be a certain number of rooms and then a certain number of suites. I probably wouldn't mind staying in a value resort if they'd just put a cover on the bus loading areas.

So, the entire resort won't be just suites? I was thinking there would be a certain number of rooms and then a certain number of suites. I probably wouldn't mind staying in a value resort if they'd just put a cover on the bus loading areas.
There is to be about 89 standard rooms and then the rest as suites that can sleep 6 --- Please read first page posting number 2. Hope this helps.

great info!
Thank you I will be posting more informations as it comes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter