Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there is no way to walk inside in the hallways of Kidani and then exit by the end of the building and then walk outside to Jambo House?

The sidewalk to walk on is not connected from the hallway to Jambo from Kidani.

I asked this about a week ago on the previous thread and got no response so I'll try here.

Our checkin window for our Kidani stay opens tomorrow. We've never stayed there before (one night at Jambo a while ago). We have Savannah view.

What are good rooms to request for view and quiet? Those are pretty much all we care about - we're good with hiking around the resort.

Thanks!

I have never stayed at Kidani, so I can't help, but there are some here who can.

I just go there to eat....

abbydancer said:
I asked this about a week ago on the previous thread and got no response so I'll try here.

Our checkin window for our Kidani stay opens tomorrow. We've never stayed there before (one night at Jambo a while ago). We have Savannah view.

What are good rooms to request for view and quiet? Those are pretty much all we care about - we're good with hiking around the resort.

Thanks!

Go to www.touringplans.com. They have resort info and pictures of the view from many of the rooms. They also list noise level in the room.

LMO429 said:
So there is no way to walk inside in the hallways of Kidani and then exit by the end of the building and then walk outside to Jambo House?

When we visited Kidani last month (only there for the day) they had a shuttle van that took us to Jambo house. Not sure if they always do that.

Do you have a choice of room if getting a 2 bedroom suite? Or not really since there aren't a lot of them? If you do, what would you suggest?

..are you talking about a std DVC room, or are you thinking of the std 'hotel' rooms? They are quite different, you know....
_______Hi Kim! i was talking about a standard view in AKL not dvc___________

....as I always understood it, the std rooms were always located in Ostrich Trail and the right side of Giraffe Trail, but, because AKL has changed to Jambo House, with DVC rooms, apparently they have reconfigured the floor plan of the resort. I will be getting a std room and I don't have a problem with the view. I am mor concerned about the location and the convenience of the room to lobby, buses, pool, restaurants, etc.....

Has anyone been on the Night Safari? It looks amazing!

It surely is !!
We saw lots of animals - so close that you could "touch" them.

DH and I found that the night-googles are not that great ; every guest has a pair of them , ours did not help much ... We did see much better with our ;) own eyes !!
It is really cool !!

Also kids are accepted ; we had two little brothers in our tour , they were so happy and excited - and added to the tour fun !!

I finally get to go to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival :banana::banana::banana:

Brandi, when you next update the list, can you please add us:

May 11th to 14th Beach Club Villas

Corinna

If you book standard club level will you automatically get two queen beds? I'm jw if I have to request this or not, thanks!

If you book standard club level will you automatically get two queen beds? I'm jw if I have to request this or not, thanks!

No. I was standard club in April and I got a queen with a set of bunk beds. Was not happy as the bunks ate up so much room.

No. I was standard club in April and I got a queen with a set of bunk beds. Was not happy as the bunks ate up so much room.

That's what I was worried about, I don't know how I feel about my five year old in the bunk bed, he may be thrilled but I prefer the queens! I guess I will put in a request and cross my fingers!

Anyone have a review of Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center? My DH has been having a very bad week and I want to surprise him with a massage during our trip. I do see that Disney Visa gives a discount for it, so :thumbsup2

They also have a few King beds (King plus couch) in standard club, but I'm sure they only assign those to parties of two. We requested one and got it.

Alright, we are officially booked for January 21-31 in a standard view room! Got a nice little 30% discount this morning. 104 more days...

This will be our first time staying at AKL!

Does anyone know what the hours are for the pools at Kidani??? Mainly wondering about closing hours.

Thanks

Can anyone confirm from experience last year about when all the Christmas decorations were put up at AKL last year?
We'll be there November 15th-21st and I'm really looking forward to seeing the place decorated for Christmas but read on another thread that the big tree wasn't put up last year until the Saturday before Thanksgiving.. which means we'll miss it by one day! :(
I guess I can handle missing the big tree but will the rest of the decorations at least be up?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter