Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Tat2ddisneymom, great pictures. Your room had not been renovated yet and that is probably why you were less than satisfied. When you consider the use these rooms get and the turnover etc. I am amazed at what good condition they stay in for as long as they did. We had a newly done room and it was lovely. I am sorry your experience was not as good. I have the same problem when we stop at motels on the way down and back, sometimes the room is nice, sometimes not, but we expect more from Disney and they usually give it to us.

May your next trip restore your faith.

Slightly Goofy

That is the Beauty of Disney World....there are so many choices that you can always try something different next time. For the most part they do an excelent job but no one can do that every time not even Disney.

Great pics & info. We requested Touchdown as well, I'll be sure to try to request bldg #7 (refurb'd) as well. Anyone know what time the pools close?

Thanks for the info. I cant see having the kids at the pool later than 9-9-30pm,
they should be plenty tired from the days events. My kids are getting so excited to go. My son keeps talking about playing football on that field. I hear its a spongy/soft surface? Also, The Homerun buildings are both refurb'd?

I'll be at AS Sports Dec 8th-16th. I booked a standard room, because last May I had a preferred room that was not in a particularly good location (back side of Surfs Up, right next to the Tennis buildings). In Sept I had a preferred room at AS Music and again they tried to put me in the back. Quite a few of the Touch Down rooms were closer to the buses than my preferred room, so this time I decided to book a standard room and just requested Touch Down building. However, I know that's a popular area, so was curious if when I checked in, if I didn't like the location I was assigned if I could upgrade to a Preferred room at that time and just pay the difference? POP Warner ends Dec 8th and I'll be checking in Dec 8th, so I'm curious as to what rooms may be available.

We are checking in on the 8th also. Hopefully there will be a alot of the pop warner people leaving that day.

Does anyone have a picture of the refillable mug at All Star Sports?:surfweb:

All you lucky folks checking on the 8th, please save a room in Touchdown for us old folks? Please, pretty please?

BTW, I am available to read books to any children. It is my THING. Should I bring my bag of coloring books etc?

Would it not be great if ALL of us were in TD?

Slightly Goofy/Linda/Grandma/The Reading Lady

Hey, SlightlyGoofy. Another Hoosier (and Grandma) here who will be there the same time you are! I can hardly wait! I'm getting so excited about it. I was there last December but I had been in the hospital twice last November and was still not back to normal so I didn't really enjoy it as much as I will this time. This time is going to be just great!! :cool1:

We'll be checking in on the 9th & will surely request Touchdown bldg #7 or any of the Homerun buildings. I'm pretty sure there wont be much time for swimming/lounging around the Hotel grounds, got 4 full days at the 4 parks, sun-up to sundown. Maybe some swimming at night, football at dusk. GO GO GO, nice relaxing vacation, right? LOL!!

Also, can anyone point me towards a pricing chart for the parks for things like: Mickey Bars, Slush's, etc?

Thanks!

DJT, what part of Indiana are you from? We are near Columbus. I am sorry you were feeling badly last year and hope that this year will make up for it. I take serious steriods when I am there just to be able to do anything. Just look for the 'Hulk" looking woman. :scared1:

applesauce, most park snacks are around $4 and the Mickey Bars, I speak from personal experience lol, are about $2.50-3 according to where you buy them. I read that the big buckets of popcorn are a great bargain. You can also slip in a few microwave packages of popcorn and save credits if you want. There is a microwave in the food court.

aubriee, that is the secret at most resorts that the preferred rooms are not always all that good and seldom worth the extra money. If you look on a map it might appear so though. With the ten bucks saved you can have 3 extra Mickey Bars!!!

If anyone staying at the Sports when we are there need any help from someone who will have a car just PM me and if I can I will be glad to help. I have been there myself.

Slightly Goofy/Linda/Grandma/The Reading Lady

DJT, what part of Indiana are you from? We are near Columbus. I am sorry you were feeling badly last year and hope that this year will make up for it. I take serious steriods when I am there just to be able to do anything. Just look for the 'Hulk" looking woman. :scared1:

SlightlyGoofy, we are from New Albany. We'll be driving to Indy the evening of the 7th, for our 7:00 a.m. flight the next morning. :eek: It's a two hour drive for us to Indy and we decided we didn't want to get up at 2:00 a.m. that day. We want to be at least a little rested for our big first day in the World!

I took steroids last year, too. I think it was the worst year of my life. I missed six weeks of work and thought I was never going to get well. I was afraid the doctor was going to tell me to cancel my WDW trip but instead he told me it would be good for me. It was, but I wasn't well enough to enjoy it to the fullest but this year - woo hoo! It's going to be so much fun! :banana:

Donna

Donna, you are going the wrong way. If you drove the same distance south you would be at Nashville and nearly there. lol

I will wave as we pass through as we head in YOUR direction driving down. I have a sister named Donna but then I have six sisters so it would be uncommon if you did NOT have one of their names. lol

I hate taking the steriods in spite of the fact that they make me feel so good. I instantly gain at least five pounds with the first pill and as I have suffered much to lose well over 100 pounds, still losing, it is just plain painful.

All kidding aside have you checked about taking a plane out of Louisville or Nashville or somewhere in between? Might even be cheaper. Just a thought.

SG/Linda

SG/Linda, we can't afford to fly out of Louisville! It's just awful. We used to before the prices got to be so high. It's much cheaper flying out of Indianapolis, even with driving up there and the cost of gas. Naturally, it would be great if we could fly out of Louisville since it would only take us about 15 minutes or less to get to the airport.

Donna

DJT, I don't know anything about flying. I have heard that it was cheaper to fly out of Louisville or Cincinnati but that was a few years back. Have you considered Nashville, TN or would that not be a non stop flight? European travel seems so much easier but then they do not have as many miles to go. I think there should be about a half dozen roads all over the country where we could just get on and ride right to DW. A special lane just for us even. :rotfl: Have a good flight and we shall see you a day hence as we are old and slow.

applesauce, there used to be live webcams but I have not seen any in awhile. I read where they were taken down because of terrorists but I am thinking that anyone with a laptop and webcam could set up one if they wanted to. I am not sure though.

SG/Linda

My Dh really wants a refurbished room, if we are not lucky enouh to get one, how much does it cost to upgrade to a preferred location? All the preferred rooms are guaranteed to be refurbished right?

I am worried because we will not be checking in until 11 PM or so and I do not want to do a whole lot of room switching at that hour. Am I correct in understanding that Touchdown building #10 is the only one that has not been refinished?

TIA!!

My understanding is that all but football building #10 will be done by February. When are you going? I don't think they've all been done yet. I know both baseball buildings and building 7 for football-not sure about the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter