Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

MeMom awesome pics......How come there is never anyone in the pics you take? lol :confused3

What was your favorite thing to eat at the food court?

MeMom awesome pics......How come there is never anyone in the pics you take? lol :confused3

What was your favorite thing to eat at the food court?

I'm so scary, they all run away!!!

Naah...I just wait until people walk by, if I can, in the day time, and I often go out on picture taking walks early in the morning. Some of my favorites are when I got empty streets at World Showcase one morning this past summer. There are about a bazillion people on Disney property at that moment, but NONE on the streets I'm taking pictures of, and I think that's cool.

If you'd like, check out the Baby and the Tramp link in my signature for lots more pictures of everything Disney. We spent ten days at Pop Century this past summer (2nd stay there), three and a half days on this MNSSHP/birthday trip (2nd stay at Sports), and we will be going at Christmas (Music), spring break (Movies), and back to Pop in June. There are/will be pictures of all of those trips on the Baby and the Tramp TR.

We got a little breakfast at the food court twice this time. It was okay. The eggs were good, actually. I'm always all about the fruit bowls, wherever we are. As long as they have fruit, I'm good. The best thing I've ever eaten at that food court was last summer when I had a cheeseburger that was just perfect. I don't really know if it was just that good, or if it was that good because it was my first meal after getting off the road and onto Disney property. Whatever the reason, it was awesome!

Wow, I love those pics of the foodcourt! Thanks MeMom!

I was sorta wondering what we'd be offered to eat, and I'm loving all that fruit, that will be perfect for breakfast! It'll set me up nicely before my long days...:yay:

How are the prices in the foodcourt?

Wow, I love those pics of the foodcourt! Thanks MeMom!

I was sorta wondering what we'd be offered to eat, and I'm loving all that fruit, that will be perfect for breakfast! It'll set me up nicely before my long days...:yay:

How are the prices in the foodcourt?

There are lots of yummy things in the foodcourt for breakfast. Waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, etc. I didn't think the prices were outrageous. I saw a lot of people buying kids meals for themselves & that would really cut costs if you aren't a big eater. A kids meal & fruit wouldn't set you back too much. I often bought a banana ($.99) and chocolate croissant (maybe $2.49?) We were on dining plan so I only paid for the banana.

If you want chips, tho, there are full, big bags in the gift shop so don't buy the little bags in the food court when you can get a big bag for not that much more.

MeMom, what time did you go to the food court when it was that empty. We are early risers, too, and usually my DH goes to the food court to get coffee and hot water for tea but he's never said it was THAT empty!

Donna

There are lots of yummy things in the foodcourt for breakfast. Waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, etc. I didn't think the prices were outrageous. I saw a lot of people buying kids meals for themselves & that would really cut costs if you aren't a big eater. A kids meal & fruit wouldn't set you back too much. I often bought a banana ($.99) and chocolate croissant (maybe $2.49?) We were on dining plan so I only paid for the banana.

If you want chips, tho, there are full, big bags in the gift shop so don't buy the little bags in the food court when you can get a big bag for not that much more.

That's a great idea, I'd have never thought of that! I don't need much for breakfast, so I guess the kids meals plus some fruit would be fine for me to start the day.

I'm glad there's a bigger selection aswell, and from the ones you mentioned, the prices don't seem too over the top either, thanks for the info! :)

I'm lovin' this thread!!! Bring on more pictures!!! I'm trying to decide where to stay in 2008 and I want to stay at Sports (the only value I've not stayed at)!

I love those pictures a few posts back of the food court, so if that poster (or anyone else has more Sports pictures I would love to see them!!!

Also, previous poster, you said you were in hoops section right??? I don't know unless I look at a map, but I'm assuming you didn't like your location because it was far from the busses and food???? I guess it was a standard room. We stayed in a preferred room at POP and were almost the first room you came to when you left the main building, so I probably would pay for preferred again.

Do any of the preferred rooms have king beds??? That would make it a perfect room!!!

IMHO, Hoops & Tennis would be the worse parts of Sports if you don't have a car. Any other sections are either close to the Food Courts, close to a pool, or close to Music which is also great. But Sports wasn't that big (at least to me) so even in Hoops or Tennis you wouldn't be that far from anything. Plus, I thought Tennis was really, really cute. Basketball is the only sport I don't really like so I wouldn't like being far away & in a sport I don't like. Dh, on the other hand, said he wouldn't want to stay in football because it was too bright and right in the middle of everything and there were no quiet spots. It made him nervous even walking past it! But lost of people love both sections.

IMHO, Hoops & Tennis would be the worse parts of Sports if you don't have a car. Any other sections are either close to the Food Courts, close to a pool, or close to Music which is also great. But Sports wasn't that big (at least to me) so even in Hoops or Tennis you wouldn't be that far from anything. Plus, I thought Tennis was really, really cute. Basketball is the only sport I don't really like so I wouldn't like being far away & in a sport I don't like. Dh, on the other hand, said he wouldn't want to stay in football because it was too bright and right in the middle of everything and there were no quiet spots. It made him nervous even walking past it! But lost of people love both sections.

We've stayed in Surfs Up and Hoops. The most recent time, Hoops, in the back. It wasn't really a far walk to the food court/buses (we didn't have a car). Basketball is actually my least favorite sport too! But I thought the building was very cute and bright (color-wise). We thought we would want to stay in the baseball bldg, but one night we were at the pool over there and it was very bright and very noisy. So that changed my mind about the baseball bldg.

Some of these may be repeats. If so, sorry. I'm going back in November and in December. If I get a chance to stop at any of the All-Stars for any reason, I'll get some more pictures. Most of these are dark because it's early morning, but hopefully they'll help some who have never been kind of tell what the resort is like.

P1100501.jpg

P1100502.jpg

P1100510.jpg

P1100514.jpg

P1100517.jpg

DJT - These pictures may help to answer your question about how early I was at the food court. I'm guessing it was just a few minutes after they opened.

I'll be there in 19 days :cool1: and will post pics when I return.

Last July (06) when we were there, the new airline guidelines weren't in place. I packed juices and bottled drinks in our carryons. We can't do that this year, and I won't check them. 2 L cokes are listed as snack credit items on the DDP board. Just curious if anyone here has used snack credits for 2 L drinks there? I'm not really interested in the mugs-don't want to tote them around. I'm planning to take breakfast food (poptarts, powdered donuts, etc.) and paper cups, and buy a few 2 L drinks and have breakfast on the way to the bus stop in the mornings.

Thanks for the pictures MeMom!!!

December, I would love to see any pictures you happen to take when you are down there soon! Hopefully I will be there next november and I love to see anything about the resort that I can!!

I'll be there in 19 days :cool1: and will post pics when I return.

Last July (06) when we were there, the new airline guidelines weren't in place. I packed juices and bottled drinks in our carryons. We can't do that this year, and I won't check them. 2 L cokes are listed as snack credit items on the DDP board. Just curious if anyone here has used snack credits for 2 L drinks there? I'm not really interested in the mugs-don't want to tote them around. I'm planning to take breakfast food (poptarts, powdered donuts, etc.) and paper cups, and buy a few 2 L drinks and have breakfast on the way to the bus stop in the mornings.

When we were there in November 06 the 20 oz cokes were a snack on the DDP. We have never seen 2 L Cokes offered anywhere.

MeMom what time do you go to sleep at night to be up so early. lol:cloud9:

We will be there in Dec and will take lots of pictures of the Christmas decorations.

MeMom what time do you go to sleep at night to be up so early. lol:cloud9:

We will be there in Dec and will take lots of pictures of the Christmas decorations.

Shhhh...I'm sleeping.

I go to bed when everyone else does, but then I wake up within a few hours and can never get back to sleep - usually anywhere from about 2:20-3:30. It's so annoying, and I wish I could sleep like everyone else, but it is the rare time that my alarm goes off, because I'm usually already awake and going by the time it should sound.

I'll look forward to your pictures. This is a super short trip in November, so I doubt I'll get over there, but I might. My oldest son has not been with me on either of my Sports stays, so I'd like him to see it, if possible, so I'm going to try to get there. I'm glad the thread was started. I think it is helping those who have never been look even more forward to going.

Thanks for the new pics MeMom, they're good to see, everything seems clean and neat on them, which is always lovely to see, true Disney styling!

I can't wait to arrive there next April and get some pics of my own, I'll have to take plenty!!

Which buildings are already totally refurbished?

What buildings are preferred rooms? I know that used to be Surf's Up is that still the same?

Surf's Up is still the preffered rooms.

Anyone know if all the rooms are refurbished?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter