Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

We were there the 16th-22nd and toward the end of our trip, we noticed the 15’s crowd had definitely thinned out.

We were there the 16th-22nd and toward the end of our trip, we noticed the 15’s crowd had definitely thinned out.

Yes,The 15s have to go back to school the first of August and a lot,but not all,of The 15s go to Miami Beach after WDW and then a few will also go from Miami Beach to the Bahamas,so they have to leave O-Town in time to make those additional stops and be back in South America by the first of August. :)

I have been wavering so much with whether to request a specific building or not. It looks like any standard building is a pretty close walk to the lobby. But, Home Run Hotel looks like it's an equal distance to All Star Music if we wanted to go over there. It probably won't matter anyway, we'll just take whatever is available first when we arrive. But, I still waver. LOL

I have been wavering so much with whether to request a specific building or not. It looks like any standard building is a pretty close walk to the lobby. But, Home Run Hotel looks like it's an equal distance to All Star Music if we wanted to go over there. It probably won't matter anyway, we'll just take whatever is available first when we arrive. But, I still waver. LOL
I think any building is fine being that it seems like a “small” layout. We personally request home run hotel for the reason you stated and mostly because when departing a park, it’s nice to catch the Music bus if it comes before the Sports bus.

Were you able to get the full quick service dining plan with it or the UK version with only one counter service per day?

We got quick service, but paid to upgrade to regular dining. So for 9 nights preferred in December 2020 for 4 Disney Adults, 4 day park hoppers, and upgraded dining 5400.

DH and I are considering a free dining trip over Christmas 2019; Dec 21-27, to be specific. I usually stay at Music when doing an AllStars, but I have heard that the rooms at Sports are renovated. Is there any update on this? If not... are there fridges and coffeemakers in the rooms? Also what size are the beds... doubles or queens? What building do you recommend (not preferred)? How's the pool bar (DD and I enjoyed the one at Music- but loved the one at AKL, hahaha, but not the room price!) Why should I choose Sports over Music (where we usually stay in Broadway)?

DH and I are considering a free dining trip over Christmas 2019; Dec 21-27, to be specific. I usually stay at Music when doing an AllStars, but I have heard that the rooms at Sports are renovated. Is there any update on this? If not... are there fridges and coffeemakers in the rooms? Also what size are the beds... doubles or queens? What building do you recommend (not preferred)? How's the pool bar (DD and I enjoyed the one at Music- but loved the one at AKL, hahaha, but not the room price!) Why should I choose Sports over Music (where we usually stay in Broadway)?
Sports is NOT renovated. Music is partially remodeled as I understand.

We just walked through AllStar Sports today. It looks like the backside of building 7 is closed for renovations. All the old beds were out lying against the walls. I really hope I got the building number right. I don’t know this resort at all. I just thought I’d report what I noticed.

We just walked through AllStar Sports today. It looks like the backside of building 7 is closed for renovations. All the old beds were out lying against the walls. I really hope I got the building number right. I don’t know this resort at all. I just thought I’d report what I noticed.
Great info!

Building 7 would be the Touchdown! building on the right side of the Football Field when walking from Stadium Hall.

Last edited:

Sports is not renovated so still has double beds. There are fridges, but I don't think coffeemakers. We chose Sports because it is the first bus stop if the All Stars are sharing buses and because I had read Music is more spread out making some of the rooms a very long distance from the bus stops. We were in building 9, room 9153. GREAT location! I timed my walk to the bus stop the first morning and it was 90 seconds at a brisk clip. The room was super quiet. One evening (not late) we heard someone talking as they walked past our room and that was literally all we heard the whole 9 days.
It was DH, me, DS 15 and DS 12 so we wanted an un-renovated room so we could use an air mattress for one of the boys. Worked out perfectly.

Just booked Sports for January 25-February 1. It will just be me and my 13 year old son.
We loved Sports last year, so looking forward to staying again!

Is the fridge with the alcoholic beverages in it locked at breakfast? Stayed at ASMo in May and the fridge had a lock on it at breakfast time.

We stayed at ASMo in January and then again in May and both times received an email that the resort was under renovations. We did not receive an email that Sports was.

Stayed at ASMo in May and the fridge had a lock on it at breakfast time.
What time was it?

Since End Zone,Intermission and World Premiere remain unlocked overnight after the Food Stations close in order to provide Guests overnight access to the Beverage Islands,the Coolers have to be locked from Midnight when the Food Stations close until around 6:30 AM when the Food Stations reopen.

The Coolers have to be locked overnight because there are no Cast Members there at that time to "watch" the Coolers(only the cleaning service(outside contractor) is around).

Are you positive they were renovating? The only reason I ask is because music was supposed to start after movies and no work has been reported there yet.

I hope this hasn't been asked before. Can anyone tell me the current choices at the refillable drink dispensers?

Are you positive they were renovating? The only reason I ask is because music was supposed to start after movies and no work has been reported there yet.
I’m not 100% certain, but I’m pretty sure. There were old beds against the walls along a whole strip and there were papers posted in the windows, just like when they were renovating at Pop, but I couldn’t get close enough to read what the papers said because the area was blocked off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter