Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

For laundry, do you recall them being coin operated or was a card accepted? I've only every stayed at Pop and theirs are only cards. Just want to be prepared with some coins for in case we need to do a load or two.
Neither, they're operated through your phone now. There are QR codes on all the machines, so you just scan the machine you want and pay digitally.

are the soda machines in the food court Coke Freestyle, or are they the older ones?

I just stayed at Sports in early December and it was the old style. If I recall, Movies was Freestyle. Thinking of a trip with just our son and I, so want to try Music since we haven't stayed there yet, but like the selection of the Freestyle machines.

are the soda machines in the food court Coke Freestyle, or are they the older ones?

I just stayed at Sports in early December and it was the old style. If I recall, Movies was Freestyle. Thinking of a trip with just our son and I, so want to try Music since we haven't stayed there yet, but like the selection of the Freestyle machines.
No, I think you're misremembering Movies. None of the All-Stars have Freestyle machines, unfortunately.

Neither, they're operated through your phone now. There are QR codes on all the machines, so you just scan the machine you want and pay digitally.
Is this the only option to pay for laundry? Only wondering because my Dad will be joining us and he loves to pack light and do laundry during the trip... but he is not tech savvy at all. Thanks!

Is this the only option to pay for laundry? Only wondering because my Dad will be joining us and he loves to pack light and do laundry during the trip... but he is not tech savvy at all. Thanks!
Yes,only option now.

However I would definitely think they have a method through the Front Desk for Guests who don't have or would rather not use a Smartphone.

52638148837_81f7fa4ba1_c.jpg

52638148867_9b6cfdbf1f_c.jpg

Last edited:

We stayed at the Movies end of October/November last year and it was definitely the regular machines. Not Free-style.

We need to bring our own laundry detergent due to allergies. Are the washers in ASMu high-efficiency or regular? Thanks.

We were supposed to stay at POP in October however since we have a European trip next month and a couple things around the house that needs to be done my husband stated we would need to pay less for hotel and I refuse to stay offsite so I chose ASMu, it’s $414 cheaper then POP. We stay standard pool view there but I have noticed that’s not an option here so booked standard. What I’m wondering is how far is the walk from the furthest building to the food court/busses? What would be the best building to request? Besides the skyliner is there much of a difference? I know the rooms are refurbed like POPs. I’m just hoping I didn’t make a mistake as POP is our go to and has been for many years.

We were supposed to stay at POP in October however since we have a European trip next month and a couple things around the house that needs to be done my husband stated we would need to pay less for hotel and I refuse to stay offsite so I chose ASMu, it’s $414 cheaper then POP. We stay standard pool view there but I have noticed that’s not an option here so booked standard. What I’m wondering is how far is the walk from the furthest building to the food court/busses? What would be the best building to request? Besides the skyliner is there much of a difference? I know the rooms are refurbed like POPs. I’m just hoping I didn’t make a mistake as POP is our go to and has been for many years.
The closest standard buildings are in the Jazz section (2 & 9). Both times there we booked preferred (Calypso 1 & 10), but once we had an issue with our room so they moved us to a corner room in building 9. It was actually a great location. To be honest, I wouldn't want the farthest building if you can help it, so you could call ahead and request a specific section. No matter the resort, I always request and then confirm at check-in to see if they were able to honor it. We usually have good luck.

PS- we really enjoyed ASMu. We only first booked it since it was the cheapest with free dining and were pleasantly surprised. Which is why we stayed there again. It’s smaller than POP and seemed less crazy.

Of all the values , I like the theming of Music the best, especially the piano pool. I'm not good at distances , but it is quite a walk to the standard rooms. The preferred are the closest and if walking is an issue I would pay the extra .If you have a car, it's not bad because you can park close to all the buildings. We have taken Ubers back after the parks and if you ask them, they will usually drop you off at your building in the parking lot. Helps after walking all day in the parks.

I've stayed at Music 5 times and POP 8 or 9 times (I've lost track). To be honest, I never liked POP but it grew on me after a few stays.

Music is much smaller and easier to get around. Think of it as shaped like a light bulb. The furthest walk is probably 5-7 minutes. Given the choice we will always choose a preferred room....we use the pool and food court a lot. Last trip was a little different and we never used the pool or food court. We were in Rock and had a rental car. Our room was the very last at the end of the building beside the parking lot which was perfect. LOL.... When we wanted food we would drive to McD's and do drive thru.

All stars are absolutely worth the savings over pop.

The standard music rooms are quite far back, but I feel like pop century is a big resort too and you could end up walking the same if you are in the further buildings.

I think country building is furthest building but if you're in the back corner of any, you'll be far. I don't think it matters which building to request, it's a linear resort so they're all somewhat far.

The rooms are exactly the same.

I've stayed at pop and while the skyliner is a beautiful ride over, time and time again it's been confirmed to me that the Disney buses are faster and more efficient timewise.

10 minute bus from resort to epcot.
Or 30 minutes skyliner at pop.

Plus I was a bit impatient & annoyed with epcot skyliner situation after fireworks. it wasn't any faster or more efficient than the bus, and I think the epcot after firework bus situation is one of the worst.

Anyways, I think the $414 savings is well worth it. you won't be disappointed.

I also like that the all stars are smaller resorts compared to pop.

The standard music rooms are quite far back, but I feel like pop century is a big resort too and you could end up walking the same if you are in the further buildings.

I think country building is furthest building but if you're in the back corner of any, you'll be far. I don't think it matters which building to request, it's a linear resort so they're all somewhat far.

I've stayed at pop and while the skyliner is a beautiful ride over, time and time again it's been confirmed to me that the Disney buses are faster and more efficient timewise.

Plus I was a bit impatient & annoyed with epcot skyliner situation after fireworks. it wasn't any faster or more efficient than the bus, and I think the epcot after firework bus situation is one of the worst.

Thank you for this. :)

Just to add….if you’ve ever stayed in the 80/90’s at POP the walk to the buses or food court is a lot further than it would be from the furthest room at Music

We haven't, we always stay 50's building 1 or 3 and stayed preferred 60's building 4 once (this was further then some of the standards we've stayed in). My husband always times the walk from the furthest part to the bus stop/food court at POP and it's never more then 7-8 mins so I'm glad to hear ASMu isn't that bad.

My experience has been totally different.

Actual "flight time" from the POP/AoA Station to CBR Station is 3 minutes and from CBR Station to Epcot International Gateway is 12 minutes.

Other than Park Open or Park Closing we have never waited more than 2 or 3 minutes to board at any Station and most times walk straight on board.

The Wait Time for a Bus versus the continuous loading of Skyliner must be factored in and the LONG walk from the Epcot Bus Depot as well.

The key to leaving Epcot post fireworks is to watch from the English Channel Bridge and at the sound of the last fireworks IMMEDIATELY "speed walk" straight out the International Gateway to the Skyliner Station.

We have done this many times and have ALWAYS walked right onto Skyliner.

SO MUCH BETTER than walking the long walk from the front entrance of Epcot to The Bus Depot,standing in line and wait for a Bus and then possibly have to stand and if lucky enough to get a seat likely having someone's rear end in your face!lol

IMO Skyliner is both faster,more "pleasurable" and definitely more FUN than a Bus!!!!

Last edited:
My experience has been totally different.

Actual "flight time" from the POP/AoA Station to CBR Station is 3 minutes and from CBR Station to Epcot Internatinal Gateway is 12 minutes.

Other than Park Open or Park Closing we have never waited more than 2 or 3 minutes to board at any Station and most times walk straight on board.

The Wait Time for a Bus versus the continuous loading of Skyliner must be factored in and the LONG walk from the Epcot Bus Depot as well.

The key to leaving Epcot post fireworks is to watch from the English Channel Bridge and at the sound of the last fireworks IMMEDIATELY "speed walk" straight out the International Gateway to the Skyliner Station.

We have done this many times and have ALWAYS walked right onto Skyliner.

SO MUCH BETTER than walking the long walk from the front entrance of Epcot to The Bus Depot,standing in line and wait for a Bus and then possibly have to stand and if lucky enough to get a seat likely having someone's rear end in your face!lol

IMO Skyliner is both faster,more "pleasurable" and definitely more FUN than a Bus!!!!
ALL of this!

We were supposed to stay at POP in October however since we have a European trip next month and a couple things around the house that needs to be done my husband stated we would need to pay less for hotel and I refuse to stay offsite so I chose ASMu, it’s $414 cheaper then POP. We stay standard pool view there but I have noticed that’s not an option here so booked standard. What I’m wondering is how far is the walk from the furthest building to the food court/busses? What would be the best building to request? Besides the skyliner is there much of a difference? I know the rooms are refurbed like POPs. I’m juste hoping I didn’t make a mistake as POP is our go to and has been for many years.
We stayed there a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Two nice pools and not too far to walk to the food court and buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!