Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

Any fairly recent experiences with grocery delivery? I’m wondering how the food lockers work. Do groceries go there or to bell services if you aren’t at the resort yet? Is there a charge for either? I’ve read conflicting info.

I was there last week and did an Instacart order. My order was delivered to Bell Services and I picked it up from there. I believe they charge you if you want it delivered to your room by bell services, but no charge for picking it up yourself.

We are staying at All Star Music in August in a family suite. Which buildings house the family suites? Are they scattered throughout the resort or in certain buildings?
Thanks.

I was just there last week. We were surprised with a suite (had paid for a preferred room) and it was in Building 1, Calypso.
That's awesome! Pixie Dust at its finest! Did you originally want a suite but could only pick a preferred room when you booked? I wanted a preferred but booked a standard due to availability.

That's awesome! Pixie Dust at its finest! Did you originally want a suite but could only pick a preferred room when you booked? I wanted a preferred but booked a standard due to availability.
I was originally going to book a standard room just to be cheap, but decided to go with a preferred because I am tired of ending up at the back of a resort. They didn’t even tell me we had an upgrade when we checked in. They just gave me a room number. I was so surprised when we got to the room and saw it was a suite.

I was originally going to book a standard room just to be cheap, but decided to go with a preferred because I am tired of ending up at the back of a resort. They didn’t even tell me we had an upgrade when we checked in. They just gave me a room number. I was so surprised when we got to the room and saw it was a suite.
Nice! Send me some of that magical dust my way LOL

We just returned from a great stay at All Star Music (arrived evening of April 2 and left morning of April 9th.) We had a Family Suite for my husband, DS15 & I and a preferred room for my grown son and his girlfriend.

We were in Calypso bldg. 1 on the side opposite the pool- quiet but close to the lobby/bus. A great location. I had hoped for the third floor because I was worried about noise. We ended up with second floor units (just two doors down from each other!) but the only noticeable noise all week was the occasional loud door closing from who-knows which direction. Calypso building 1 is also convenient to laundry- I had to do an unexpected load.

It was AWESOME having a suite. Having two bathrooms makes mornings so much easier and it felt truly luxurious to have separate sleeping areas. We wanted a suite so the living area could serve as a gathering place for the five of us. Every night we would chill out together, enjoy a snack and discuss our priorities/plans for the next morning.

There is a blow dryer in both of the suite bathrooms.

The suite kitchenette was stocked with paper towels, paper plates, paper bowls and plastic cutlery. Having a microwave and real refrigerator was great. We brought microwave oatmeal and mac&cheese cups. I also brought Parmalat shelf stable milk so we could travel without a cooler but no have to stop on the way or get a grocery deliver. I put it in the refrigerator when we arrived and it was perfect for cereal all week.

Plenty of storage- my son was able to fit his suitcase and more right in the ottoman (in the suite "living room")!

Not only were there plenty of towels in the suite bathrooms but, amazingly, there were plenty of hooks and towel bars. We didn’t have to throw wet towels over doors to dry.

All of the cast members were friendly.

We only ate dinner at the food court on our arrival night- the salmon dinner was good. A couple of mornings I did mobile order some items to enhance our in-room breakfast. Pick up at the mobile order window is easy and efficient.

We wanted my grown son and his GF to be able to open the suite door with their magic bands- that wasn’t possible but the front desk CM cheerfully made them keycards that would do the trick.

I can’t complain about the bus service. The longest we waited for a bus was our Epcot morning- waited about 15 minutes but it just didn’t seem like a big deal. The arrival board was right, so we knew what to expect. The only time I was on a shared bus was when I returned to the resort in the middle of the day to drop off some HS purchases and then get on a bus to EPCOT (while everyone else took the skyliner from HS to EPCOT.) That said, returning to the resort one night from HS, there was quite a crowd waiting to get back to ASMu. Luckily, there was a CM obviously directing buses where needed and, as we pulled off in the second of two back-to-back buses, I saw the CM directing the remaining ASMu guests to a sparsely occupied All Star Sports bus that, I assume, then stopped at both resorts.

I can’t report on the pool except to say they were showing movies at least two nights that we were there. We expected to use the pool but ended up devoting all of our time to parks.

Overall it was a great stay and I would happily choose the same accommodations next trip!

Last edited:
Does anyone have the email address for the gm they usually have in the room? I sent my family here this week because we were out of dvc points and they got the pleasure of no hot water for 48 hours, no wheelchair accessible room as was booked for my daughter who is in a wheelchair, etc. They just reopened but you also had 2 years to get the place set so don't give my wife excuses on why you couldn't deliver what we booked. My wife instead had to move at 11pm with zero help from cast members and zero offer of a refund, discount or something to make up for no hot water for 2 days.

We just returned from a great stay at All Star Music (arrived evening of April 2 and left morning of April 9th. We had a Family Suite for my husband, DS15 & I and a preferred room for my grown son and his girlfriend.

We were in Calypso bldg. 1 on the side opposite the pool- quiet but close to the lobby/bus. A great location. I had hoped for the third floor because I was worried about noise. We ended up with second floor units (just two doors down from each other!) but the only noticeable noise all week was the occasional loud door closing from who-knows which direction. Calypso building 1 is also convenient to laundry- I had to do an unexpected load.

It was AWESOME having a suite. Having two bathrooms makes mornings so much easier and it felt truly luxurious to have separate sleeping areas. We wanted a suite so the living area could serve as a gathering place for the five of us. Every night we would chill out together, enjoy a snack and discuss our priorities/plans for the next morning.

There is a blow dryer in both of the suite bathrooms.

The suite kitchenette was stocked with paper towels, paper plates, paper bowls and plastic cutlery. Having a microwave and real refrigerator was great. We brought microwave oatmeal and mac&cheese cups. I also brought Parmalat shelf stable milk so we could travel without a cooler but no have to stop on the way or get a grocery deliver. I put it in the refrigerator when we arrived and it was perfect for cereal all week.

Plenty of storage- my son was able to fit his suitcase and more right in the ottoman (in the suite "living room")!

Not only were there plenty of towels in the suite bathrooms but, amazingly, there were plenty of hooks and towel bars. We didn’t have to throw wet towels over doors to dry.

All of the cast members were friendly.

We only ate dinner at the food court on our arrival night- the salmon dinner was good. A couple of mornings I did mobile order some items to enhance our in-room breakfast. Pick up at the mobile order window is easy and efficient.

We wanted my grown son and his GF to be able to open the suite door with their magic bands- that wasn’t possible but the front desk CM cheerfully made them keycards that would do the trick.

I can’t complain about the bus service. The longest we waited for a bus was our Epcot morning- waited about 15 minutes but it just didn’t seem like a big deal. The arrival board was right, so we knew what to expect. The only time I was on a shared bus was when I returned to the resort in the middle of the day to drop off some HS purchases and then get on a bus to EPCOT (while everyone else took the skyliner from HS to EPCOT. That said, returning to the resort one night from HS, there was quite a crowd waiting to get back to ASMu. Luckily, there was a CM obviously directing buses where needed and, as we pulled off in the second of two back-to-back buses, I saw the CM directing the remaining ASMu guests to a sparsely occupied All Star Sports bus that, I assume, then stopped at both resorts.

I can’t report on the pool except to say they were showing movies at least two nights that we were there. We expected to use the pool but ended up devoting all of our time to parks.

Overall it was a great stay and I would happily choose the same accommodations next trip!
Nice! Thanks for sharing. I leave in 3 days and I’m SO excited!

I forgot to note in my above post... with housekeeping not happening daily, some things (like coffee pods) are being stocked behind the lobby front desk. If they don't have what you need, they make a list for housekeeping and it is brought to your room. I requested more coffee pods, TP and an extra bar soap on our way out in the morning and it was in the room when we returned.

Does anyone have the email address for the gm they usually have in the room? I sent my family here this week because we were out of dvc points and they got the pleasure of no hot water for 48 hours, no wheelchair accessible room as was booked for my daughter who is in a wheelchair, etc. They just reopened but you also had 2 years to get the place set so don't give my wife excuses on why you couldn't deliver what we booked. My wife instead had to move at 11pm with zero help from cast members and zero offer of a refund, discount or something to make up for no hot water for 2 days.
The email pattern is like this: WDW.GM.resortname@disney.com, so the one for music is probably: WDW.GM.AllStarMusic@disney.com

I forgot to note in my above post... with housekeeping not happening daily, some things (like coffee pods) are being stocked behind the lobby front desk. If they don't have what you need, they make a list for housekeeping and it is brought to your room. I requested more coffee pods, TP and an extra bar soap on our way out in the morning and it was in the room when we returned.
Good to know. Thanks 😊

Each of us is so different in what we like. We stayed at ASM in 2014 and, next to the Poly, it was my favorite - above Contemporary, BW, CBR, any of them. But that was nearly 10 years ago. I want to make it clear, the cast member we had for cleaning service is what ASM such a smash. This woman was kind, friendly, and efficient. I suspect that it did not hurt that every morning we would smile and acknowledge her - my God, you mean she was like a real person. O, my God! My granddaughters were with us, and, I think her name was Bessie, treated them like they were princesses. Bessie was proud to be a cast member in the Disney family.

We go to WDW in May and are staying at French Quarter (never been there but have wanted to try for years). A room is where I sleep at night, and after a day, in the parks, I'm not too hard to please (it has a bed, a bathroom, a sink, and a shower - so I'm set).

Okay, I lied. It was ASMovies we were at in 2014 (It's still ASM). Hey, I'm 75 cut me a little slack.

Last edited:
New to Music here... wondering if during busy times such as prepark opening early in the morning and at closing time, if Music shares busses with another All Star resort?

New to Music here... wondering if during busy times such as prepark opening early in the morning and at closing time, if Music shares busses with another All Star resort?

excerpts from my post above...
"We just returned from a great stay at All Star Music (arrived evening of April 2 and left morning of April 9th.) We had a Family Suite for my husband, DS15 & I and a preferred room for my grown son and his girlfriend."
"I can’t complain about the bus service. The longest we waited for a bus was our Epcot morning- waited about 15 minutes but it just didn’t seem like a big deal. The arrival board was right, so we knew what to expect. The only time I was on a shared bus was when I returned to the resort in the middle of the day to drop off some HS purchases and then get on a bus to EPCOT (while everyone else took the skyliner from HS to EPCOT. That said, returning to the resort one night from HS, there was quite a crowd waiting to get back to ASMu. Luckily, there was a CM obviously directing buses where needed and, as we pulled off in the second of two back-to-back buses, I saw the CM directing the remaining ASMu guests to a sparsely occupied All Star Sports bus that, I assume, then stopped at both resorts."

Our Animal Kingdom morning we headed out well after park open. On our EPCOT morning we left in time to arrive a a little after official park open (if I am remembering correctly). On our HS and MK mornings we left in time to arrive before or during ETPE. The above is the only bus sharing I observed.

ETA we always left parks just before or well after post nighttime show crowds

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter