Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I have been searchin gall over for one of Robo's maps... anyway, I remember a few years back booking a preferred room at Movies, and being disapointed tha we had a room in Dalmations with a parking lot view. I thought we would get Fantasia for sure.. see, I didn't realize that they had changed things. the entire fantasia, dalmation, and toy stoyr are all preferred rooms (it is preferred becuase of the location, not the view, as I had thought)

mighty ducks and love bug are standard rooms...

now, at Pop century I know for sure that you pay extra for a preferred pool view. or, if you was a standard room (say in the 50's section or the 80'
s) you can pay extra for a standard pool view.. yeah, yeah, they get you for every little thing! :rolleyes1)

Checked in this afternoon.

Not the best room but as much as the CM talked it up you'd have thought it was the best. But a day at Disney is good, a room is just a place to sleep.

I only asked for 101 Dalmations.

Ended up in Fantasia (you're right by the pool and close to the main building).

Nope, on the backside of the building down by the beginning of the Love Bug Building.

You have a King (you can stretch out)

I have a King because it's a handicapped room.

Bonus bummer is the connecting door.

You are on the first floor.

Actually think I did ask for a First floor.

Anyway it's all good despite the less than stellar room.

The only thing that bugs me is that I hate accessible showers. Never can get the spray right in those roll in showers and the entire room gets all wet no matter where you aim it.

Had dinner in the food court and it was pretty good (carved turkey w/potatoes and steamed veggies) and the resort does not feel crowded or overly loud.

Buses have been timely and no standing room only so far. Shared 1 time today at 7pm on a bus heading to DHS EMH.

Checked in this afternoon.

Not the best room but as much as the CM talked it up you'd have thought it was the best. But a day at Disney is good, a room is just a place to sleep.

I only asked for 101 Dalmations.

Ended up in Fantasia (you're right by the pool and close to the main building).

Nope, on the backside of the building down by the beginning of the Love Bug Building.

You have a King (you can stretch out)

I have a King because it's a handicapped room.

Bonus bummer is the connecting door.

You are on the first floor.

Actually think I did ask for a First floor.

Anyway it's all good despite the less than stellar room.

The only thing that bugs me is that I hate accessible showers. Never can get the spray right in those roll in showers and the entire room gets all wet no matter where you aim it.

Had dinner in the food court and it was pretty good (carved turkey w/potatoes and steamed veggies) and the resort does not feel crowded or overly loud.

Buses have been timely and no standing room only so far. Shared 1 time today at 7pm on a bus heading to DHS EMH.

I'm staying here for the first time in April/May....what don't you like about the room (besides the location & being a handicapped room) Were you expecting better? I don't usually stay at value resorts, but in order for us to go we had to sacrifice! :-/ I know I will find myself comparing to a moderate! LOL! I just hope it is ok for the 4 of us. My kids are DD5 & DS2. This will be their first visit! I just tell myself it's a place to sleep! LOL! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!!

I'm staying here for the first time in April/May....what don't you like about the room (besides the location & being a handicapped room) Were you expecting better? I don't usually stay at value resorts, but in order for us to go we had to sacrifice! :-/ I know I will find myself comparing to a moderate! LOL! I just hope it is ok for the 4 of us. My kids are DD5 & DS2. This will be their first visit! I just tell myself it's a place to sleep! LOL! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!!

bookgirl posted earlier that she requested to the right of the food court (dalmations hopefully) because it is close to the music resort. we stayed in the mighty ducks section and actually used the music food court and bus stop more often than our own.

if you are in dalmations, you have the option. ie,whichever bus comes first. or easy to walk over to the Calypso pool for a change of pace.

(I , too had a handicapped room once, and did NOT like the roll in shower either.. that floor was always wet!)

Last edited:
Has anyone ever started a 'Pay It forward' for this resort where Disboarders schedule trip tradeouts on exits to those coming in by leaving a box of goodies or unwanted items for the next visitor at the check in desk?
I did one of these with Bonnet Creek and it was really neat to get a gift on arrival and to leave a gift as we were leaving.

The room is actually just fine. I was just laughing at how much she talked it up. Movies seems a little more unique in the fact that it is more 'preferred' rooms than standard. Even being in the back and close to the standard building its still like a minute or two to the main building.

I have done a number of stays and while I like the moderates the best i'm actually happy with the resort and room overall.

Trip itself has been fantastic. I've got one more day and plan to grab a few last rides I've missed here and there. A few large groups but they have been no worse than any other group of teenagers.

Crowds have been moderate, although yesterday MK was really crowded and everything had moderate to high standby lines. Other parks have been completely manageable.

I have a question that may sound kinda dumb:

What's up with the Baloo and Mowgli figures that are on the Disney World site? The caption for the pictures says they are at ASMo as a tribute to the classic films. Is this a mess up on Disney's part? I know those figures are at Pop, but I've stayed at ASMo before and don't remember seeing those there.

What's up with the Baloo and Mowgli figures that are on the Disney World site? The caption for the pictures says they are at ASMo as a tribute to the classic films. Is this a mess up on Disney's part? I know those figures are at Pop, but I've stayed at ASMo before and don't remember seeing those there.

Where on the site are you seeing that? It would be a mess up, but the whole site in general is pretty messed up on a daily basis. :rotfl2:

Do you have a link to these pictures? I was not able to find them on disneyworld.com.

I found it, and yes it's a (rather large) mistake. It's in the photos area for the All-Star Movies page on disneyworld.com.

Screen shot:
asmo-jb.jpg

I found it, and yes it's a (rather large) mistake. It's in the photos area for the All-Star Movies page on disneyworld.com. Screen shot:

Thank you! I was starting to think I was imagining this or something lol. I figured it was a mistake. We stayed in the Fantasia building and I never walked to Herbie or Dalmations, but I knew what they looked like and that those three and Toy Story were the only buildings when I stayed there (late 2013). I didn't know if they had added those figures or if it was just a mess up.

I found it, and yes it's a (rather large) mistake. It's in the photos area for the All-Star Movies page on disneyworld.com.
Now I see it. I didn't click the squares in the Dalmatians picture earlier. Gee I can't wait to see the Jungle Book section of ASMo.:rotfl2:

Planning on staying here in Aug 2016 was thinking of doing mighty ducks section to be near a pool and mostly use music food court and busses !! Is that a good idea ? This will be our 2nd visit stayed at AOA last May ! Will be me ,DH & DD8 thanks for any info !!!!

My original plan was to do just that but it ended up being cheaper to stay in a discounted preferred room. With a standard you will be in MD or the Love bug rooms so your chances would be pretty good. Also Movies seemed pretty small. I did take the Music bus one day and walked back through mighty ducks and 101 dalmations to get to Fantasia (back by the Love bug rooms). It was a bit of a hike but not undoable at all. So even if you got Love Bug you could probably still get to the MD pool or Music without much trouble.

Planning on staying here in Aug 2016 was thinking of doing mighty ducks section to be near a pool and mostly use music food court and busses !! Is that a good idea ? This will be our 2nd visit stayed at AOA last May ! Will be me ,DH & DD8 thanks for any info !!!!

Yes, with a standard room reservation, I liked Mighty Ducks because of the flexibility between Music and Movies. We actually used the Music main pool rather than the Movies main pool, for example, and then you also have the Ducks pool too.

In the mornings, we always used the Music bus stop as it was closer.

I read this on the info post
High Speed Internet is now available in the rooms: You will need a cable LAN port available on your computer. No wireless is available at this point, and I don’t know if it is planned. The cost is $9.95 per 24 hour period that you use it, which can be charged to the room. The LAN cable is near the phone on the nightstand. If you want to use your computer on the table, you will have to either move the table or bring an RJ45 barrel- connector and another LAN cable to extend it. I suggest a 20ft cable if you plan on extending it.

This is old info now isn't it?? I thought all room now had wifi??

I read this on the info post
High Speed Internet is now available in the rooms: You will need a cable LAN port available on your computer. No wireless is available at this point, and I don’t know if it is planned. The cost is $9.95 per 24 hour period that you use it, which can be charged to the room. The LAN cable is near the phone on the nightstand. If you want to use your computer on the table, you will have to either move the table or bring an RJ45 barrel- connector and another LAN cable to extend it. I suggest a 20ft cable if you plan on extending it.

This is old info now isn't it?? I thought all room now had wifi??

we had free wi-fi. We left today.

Left today.
Loved Fantasia 2000 building. We were top floor at very end closest to food court. We used stairs right by our room to enter and exit and had little traffic by our room.

Disappointed there were no in-room coffeemakers or microwave but we just ran to the food court for both as needed.

Pool is warmed... we had our pool day while it wasn't the warmest so we only tolerated an hour of it. Gotta get in neck deep.

Nice running sidewalk that will give you a 1 way 1 mile run out to the all stars gate and back.

Biggest complaint was the transportation. We were told things on several occasions that the next morning were incorrect. Several girls missed running the princess half because they were told the buses would be running all morning... my husband was not able to make it earlier than finish line for same reason. We had another similar instance the next night when we had an early adr... front desk told us one thing at night then we couldn't find bus where they said, we got a different story next morning. Drove us nuts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter