Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Has anyone heard if CM's are still being called back after yesterday's announcement? Here's my speculation: Disney will open officially 7/23 but will soft open for CMs, Club 33 and Select AP's a few days before.
Yes. EmJ posted the link to the article where Disney came to
Agreements with the unions.

Yep here's one at the DLH in January:

Is it wrong if I say that I would be willing to stay at GCH and just watch the cats and visit DD if needed? I was willing to lose the parks if need be, and just use GCH as our home base, since we knew the hotels had been authorized. We would sit by a pool, order in pizza, and travel to some barren view from your rental car spots...Suddenly the "no hotel date" again thing is hitting us hard.

Well, there’s this. https://www.ocregister.com/2020/06/...cast-member-unions-on-park-reopening-process/ The timing feels weird, but what do I know?
Yes timing is interesting and someone posted earlier about how the tone of the DL delay announcement did not read in the usual happy voice. More like raising the bet in a poker game. I think the message was "let's get back to the table".

Has anyone heard if CM's are still being called back after yesterday's announcement? Here's my speculation: Disney will open officially 7/23 but will soft open for CMs, Club 33 and Select AP's a few days before.
That's some great speculation!

Yes timing is interesting and someone posted earlier about how the tone of the DL delay announcement did not read in the usual happy voice. More like raising the bet in a poker game. I think the message was "let's get back to the table".

That's some great speculation!

May just be wishful thinking since I'm set to arrive on 7/23. But a girl needs to dream right?!

Rereading this, is any of this new? It sounds like they still need to agree with CRLU and Unite Here?
I noticed those two weren't mentioned, and they were the ones who had wanted to protest the opening on Saturday?

I mean, theoretically, Disney can still go all-in on prep for July 17 (or even a slightly later date).... nothing is necessarily stopping them from that aside from union issues (which appear to be resolving).

It's just that they would be gambling on a) what Newsom says around the 7/4 holiday, b) could spend a lot of time retooling things based on now out-of-date assumptions and c) could be sitting on the high costs of having a park ready for guests without full gov't approval.

In the end, I still agree with their decision to hold w/ no date, but I'll double-down on my bet that it's going to be a <7 day lead time from the state announcing and the legal go-date.

Thank you for posting this. I too was concerned about returning to work, and we are seeing a rise in cases in our community. There are times I have upset patients because I have to remind them to put their mask back on. I can only imagine the scale that CM's see this on, and I think the Disney must be firm on this. Face shields are so important, and a big help for them, so I was glad to see that in the agreement with the unions. Testing from hospitals has shown they are a wonderful preventative measure. I don't wish to make this any type of political commentary (just responding to this article), but as the CM points out, this is Disney's requirement at this time, and their safety is so important. If someone is uncomfortable with these rules, it really is okay to delay the trip, but not to yell at already worried people just trying to do their jobs. I wish these CMs all the best.

Our 30 day countdown started yesterday so my daughter actually crossed out the number 30 and then bam! we get this announcement last night. We also ordered my husband a "May the 40th Be With You" shirt to wear at DL on his 40th birthday July 25 :(

I'm not changing anything until California gives the go-ahead and DL comes up with an updated opening date. Fingers crossed July 24th - 30th can still happen, but realistically I'm guessing no. With Labor Day being so late this year (our school district always starts the Tuesday after Labor Day because of our county fair), we may change it to be August 28 - September 3. Hoping DL/DCA are both open by then :)
Just curious, what make you think that your kids are going back to school in the fall? I have several friends in the Washoe County (Reno, NV) school district who are expecting NOT to go back to school. They have trainings scheduled this summer to plan for online learning.

This "inside" knowledge makes my plans for DL much more flexible for a November/December trip and cancelling our October trip if need be. I honestly don't see how any schools across the country could maintain social distancing in the schools and classrooms, particularly lunch time.

I know this isn't official DL Reopening News, but it does open a lot of possibilities/alternatives if you have school-age children.

We're still wondering on our Aulani Aug 1 ---
Did you see that earlier today Hawaii announced that starting August 1st you can skip the 14-day quarantine if you present a negative test?

We are going to Hawaii August 8... I was hoping to hop into Aulani just so I could say I was there, and grab some swag.

I'd totally let them scratch my brain (or swab my nose) to avoid cancelling the trip!

Rereading this, is any of this new? It sounds like they still need to agree with CRLU and Unite Here?
That could be. I don’t have a good enough understanding of the unions to be able to tell. To the layman, the article reads as though The Unions are in agreement, but whether that’s the whole truth... 🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter