Disneyland Paris - News

I did the same for Soaring in Shanghai, I was the only one who wanted to ride.
Phantom Manor wasn't a fastpass ride. It did function as a back up a few times for Indiana Jones during long refurbishments.
Indiana Jones is taken out of the Premier Access pool, probably as a FP was rarily needed there anyway? It is in such a remote corner, people seem to forget there is another coaster. Or can't find it.

Otherwise, to pay for Phantom Manor only makes sense when it's extremely busy. Only then it exceeds the 30 - 45 minutes queue. With an ongoing loop ride system, it usually is a decent wait.

I always get lost trying to get to the Indiana coaster... I mean, did they need to actually put it so hidden? lol

Another show returns: Frozen, a musical celebration returns to the Studios tomorrow!

Now all I need is Mickey and the Magician and I will be fully happy :)

The new prices for the Annual Passes have been released. A 30-40 euro increase, depending on the tier.
But one big perk for the highest tier, Infinity, has been killed :( No longer VIP seating for the parades and fireworks in Disneyland Park. :( This was one of the main reasons for me to take the highest tier.
With all the covid-extensions I still have an Infinity pass till June. But I might downgrade to Magic Plus. The main differences are discounts are 10% instead of 20% (Shop) or 15% (Restaurant), 'only' 350 days access instead of 365 and the Photopass is not included (discounted price). The price difference between Infinity and Magic Plus is 150 euro. Not sure if I spend enough in shops and restaurants to justify an Infinity pass.

Infinity - 479 euro (30 euro increase)
Magic Plus - 329 euro (30 euro increase)
Magic Flex - 299 euro (40 euro increase)
Discovery - 209 euro (30 euro increase.

Let's do some news.

- Both Pixiedust.be and ED92 (two major DLP fansites) branded the Halloween party on the 31st of October a disaster. The organization was terrible. Crowd control was absent, sometimes became dangerous, the new shows were meh, the same 2 parade floats as during the day and no candy distributed. Positives were the atmosphere, like the lighting in the pirates area and Skull Rock. Definitely not worth the price.

- More and more of the castle is revealed.

- As of next week, November 13th, Hiver Goumand (the food festival) will return to the Studios and will be there till March 2022!.
There will be 7 different booths.

- Prices for reusable shopping bags are up. The smallest is now 2 euro, middle 3, large 4.

- The first Christmas decorations have been spotted in the window of some Main Street stores and at the hotels. However, the Halloween parade floats will continue for one more week during the day.

- Hotel Santa Fe has reopened

Last edited:

Thank you for your news updates Karin - they make me very happy! :mic::-)
I can also add some news that probably doesn't make you happy. I didn't post it last time, hoping it would be a one time thing... but not.

A week or so ago, today and also tomorrow. One of the cleaning unions will protest within Disneyland Park in front of the castle.
DLP uses a 3rd party cleaning service to clean the hotels. Pay is low, work load is high. Clean 31 rooms within 6 hours, leaving no room for breaks. No overtime pay (which is normal in Europe)

The people on strike started a few weeks with about 100 people. That's now around 50.
They have been negotiating for a long time. It's about hiring more people, but also they want a reorganization of the managers (they want a more egalitarian division of work) and one of the high up managers has to go. That last part is one point of discussion they can't really agree on. The manager works at the hotels for over 25 years.

It's a peaceful protest, but still, the protest is not just at the hotel and the station anymore, it's now in the park as well.
There is security around.

Oh no! That is a shame and sounds like quite a complex issue. I hope the workers get a fair outcome. I am in 2 minds about the action spreading to the park, but only because Disney is my fantasy bubble. It's hard when in order to have a few days of absolute relaxation you know there are low paid workers out there whose efforts you are benefiting from. On the other hand, a disrupted guest experience affects customer satisfaction / profits / return visits and ultimately money for staffing. (Sometimes I wish I didn't think so much!!! LOL).

Disneyland Paris' new Christmas parade has arrived! :D The floats look great, the new costumes are great, the song... I have to get used to it, as the previous Christmas parade song was so good! But I think I am going to like this one. It will be difficult to determine where to stand, the floats split up at plaza, there is a show at the hub then it continues to Main Street... This parade will also run at night! So many options!

(And I am really happy that for this parade they have reinstated the VIP seats for AP holders. That will be discontinued soon, and in the past it never was for seasonal parades. It doesn't specify a time, but I assume it will be once a day, during the day.)

Any idea when Toad Hall might reopen?
I haven't heard anything, but Toad Hall is usually one of the first restaurants to close during low season. My guess, maybe during the Christmas break? Because then they need more restaurants?
Other idea, maybe when more UK people will come over ;-) It's a fish & chips restaurant.

So let's do some news. Personal news first, this week I discovered that Mike Wazowski is named Bob Razowski in France. I never knew this, and I really wonder why. The shortening Robert into Bob is not common in France. And it's not that Bob in general is such a French name to begin wit.

- The castle is done!
- There are two show stops in the new Christmas parade, one at the hub, one at Town's Square. They were cancelled a few times this week due to technical difficulties, and now they are back.
- Food festival has started in the Studios (There is a vegan stand, see below for some pictures)
- Orbitron will reopen next month
- No Cowboy Goofy, but regular Goofy meeting near the Cowboy Cook Out (No big loss, it's an ugly costume :P )
- Magic Shot Encanto (Between Fantasyland And Adventureland, I think near the Pirate Ship, where Peter Pan & Co normally meet)
- 6 - 12 year olds have to wear masks again. This was cancelled, now reinstated.
- Selfie spots, Gepetto near Bella Notte, Tigger between the Mill & Princess Pavillion, Olaf in the Studios (Animation building)

The Christmas Season
- Snow on Main Street
- Mickey & Friends welcome you from the Train Station in the morning, accompanied by general upbeat Christmas songs
- Santa Goofy & Friends welcome you to the Studios in the morning, Big band Christmas music
- Christmas Characters: Mickey & Friends in the Fantasyland Theater, Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws at Phantom Manor, Santa Stitch at the end of Main Street (Right) , Pooh at the beginning of Main Street (Left), Eyeore or Minnie at the end of Main Street (Left), Santa (Videopolis, entrance on the right), Mickey in Mickey and the Magician Theater (a bit Christmassy)
- Tree lighting (This happens during the evening version of the Christmas parade.
- There is a special menu at Hyperion and at the Lucky Nugget, and a selection of cookies at several stores.

- Shows Park: Lion King show, Let's sing Christmas
- Shows Studios: Disney Jr., Frozen Celebration, Goofy & Donald A Funny Snowy Winter

Magic shots:
- Stitch (Discoveryland)
- Chip & Dale (Next to the Riverboat)
- Meeko (Entrance Frontierland)
- Tinkerbell (Near Plaza Gardens)
- Wall-E & Eve (Discoveryland)
- Mike Wazoswki (Studios, after you exit the main building on your right)

Video about the new parade:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DisneylandParisAnnualPassholders/posts/1048298025946751/
Menus of the Food festival

https://www.facebook.com/ED92Magic/photos/pcb.1775739485949409/1775739385949419

Omg, the Old Mill started to sell Dutch snacks :D As a Dutch person, it is my duty to go there next week and try it myself (and judge them if they do it wrong ;-) )

They sell 'poffertjes' en 'bitterballen'. Poffertjes are minipancakes, you eat them with butter and powdered sugar. That they also sell a nutella variant... Everything is nutella at DLP... And bitterballen is breaded ragout and then deepfried, usually eaten with mustard. The cheeses variant we know as well, but then we don't call it a bitterbal, but a kaas soufflé (cheese soufflé). Be careful when biting in it, the content is usually very hot! You burn your tongue easily with bitterballen.

(They are bloody expensive at DLP, in NL I would pay less than 5 euro for poffertjes or bitterballen).

https://www.looopings.nl/img/foto/21/1118bitters4.jpg
https://www.looopings.nl/img/foto/21/1118bitters5.jpg

Last edited:
I saw the poffertjes on Twitter with a comment complaining that they replaced the Mickey waffles. I agree with you that I was thrilled that something vaguely “authentic” was introduced.

I saw the poffertjes on Twitter with a comment complaining that they replaced the Mickey waffles. I agree with you that I was thrilled that something vaguely “authentic” was introduced.
I think it is kinda cute they did it at the Windmill. The Netherlands... mills... it fits :) I can't think of any other place where Dutch snacks would be a good match. DLP has 0 other Dutch or even European touches, food-wise. Fantasyland is the most European look for mid-Europe.

I think it is kinda cute they did it at the Windmill. The Netherlands... mills... it fits :) I can't think of any other place where Dutch snacks would be a good match. DLP has 0 other Dutch or even European touches, food-wise. Fantasyland is the most European look for mid-Europe.
There is a Bavarian sausage available at Au Chalet de Marionette. While Pinocchio is an Italian story, the Disney movie is actually visually based on Bavarian villages. So, that’s a fitting food. As well as Fish and Chips at Toad Hall. I think it is nice if Fantasyland puts more emphasis on the different nations represented there!

...and Disney has just officially announced that Avengers Campus will be opening Summer 2022 during the D23 Destination Event. No other details were provided other than a picture showing the progress on the project.

More details were also released on the 30th anniversary celebrations that will be starting on March 6, 2022

They also announced there will be a new castle hub show, but that the regular day parade (Stars on Parade) and the night time show (Illuminations) would not be renewed. I hadn't expected that, they only arrived in 2017 and were not performed for almost two years.

Some pictures of new costumes.
259824178_431596755001221_7624856797737098677_n.jpg

259259632_431596768334553_1744109794836880217_n.jpg

Also a picture of a decorated Gazebo
259086035_431596785001218_3036699113801327969_n.jpg

Due to the figures in France (over 200K new infections yesterday, which was a record for the country & Europe), the New Years Eve party in Disneyland Paris is now fully cancelled. There will only be fireworks around 18:00.

As of 3 Jan.
The Christmas Parade no longer has a stop at the Hub and at Mains Street Plaza.
Fireworks will be cancelled again for the time being.
The Frozen Celebration show will turn back into a selfie spot with Kristoff & Sven and Anna & Elsa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter