Disneyland hotel???

I got a room like that once, but I went back to the desk and told them it wasn't acceptable. It was so small and it only had one bed-- not even sure that was a queen. It was on the end of a hall in the Fantasy Tower and was kind of leftover space; a big chunk of it was missing. You came in the door and it was a long hallway into the actual tiny room, where there wasn't even room for a dresser. I went back to the desk and they gave us a suite in Adventure! I had paid for a deluxe room; the little room had a parking lot view so not deluxe by any means, but it was the size and not the view that concerned me. Didn't expect or ask for a suite; I imagine they were pretty booked up to give us that or they were wanting to make sure we were happy.

Yup that was our experience as well. I agree it felt like a leftover space they didn't know what to do with in the hallway; and we had paid for a premium room. They were sold out and had no other rooms so we tried to make the best of it but I swear it was smaller than the rooms at the GCH. We tried to make the best of it, but overall it really soured me on the hotel. I am looking forward to booking at the GCH for a trip hopefully later this year.

My (adult) daughters have both said the sofa is comfortable. Also, it is a long twin size, it folds down instead of pulls out so takes up no more room than the sofa does.

Excellent, that sounds perfect! - thanks for the info!

Yup that was our experience as well. I agree it felt like a leftover space they didn't know what to do with in the hallway; and we had paid for a premium room. They were sold out and had no other rooms so we tried to make the best of it but I swear it was smaller than the rooms at the GCH. We tried to make the best of it, but overall it really soured me on the hotel. I am looking forward to booking at the GCH for a trip hopefully later this year.
Wow! Did they at least comp you something for getting a tiny room from a premium booking? I sure hope so! They're usually really good about that. Kudos to you, though, for not letting it ruin your trip :)

Not to hijack the thread but I have a question and since this one is already created...

I had originally opted for the GCH but many are saying here the pools at the DLH are better?

We have two young kids that can't swim so we would really like an awesome water play area/kids pool. Does either of these have this? A water slide really means nothing to us since they can't use it.

For anyone that's been to WDW we stayed at AKL partly for the kids pool and LOVED it and no staying at Beach Club.

Which one is the closest to that level of pool for young kids?

I got a room like that once, but I went back to the desk and told them it wasn't acceptable. It was so small and it only had one bed-- not even sure that was a queen. It was on the end of a hall in the Fantasy Tower and was kind of leftover space; a big chunk of it was missing. You came in the door and it was a long hallway into the actual tiny room, where there wasn't even room for a dresser. I went back to the desk and they gave us a suite in Adventure! I had paid for a deluxe room; the little room had a parking lot view so not deluxe by any means, but it was the size and not the view that concerned me. Didn't expect or ask for a suite; I imagine they were pretty booked up to give us that or they were wanting to make sure we were happy.
Glad you were able to get another room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter