Disneyland hotel???

If you do decide to use the Dapper Day rates, please support the event by purchasing Expo tickets (very inexpensive!). Dressing up is lots of fun, but doesn't help the organizers pay for the event -- and Disney charges them a very pretty penny for everything!
Yes! I should have said that. Justin has worked so hard to make Dapper Day fun and successful. I too feel that if people want to use the DD rates, they ought to at least support this wonderful event by purchasing Expo tickets, which I believe are $12 and good for the whole run. The Expo is wonderful, anyway!

To OP-we are here at DLH now. LOVE our room! I upgraded to a standard club level room. With the concierge lounge serving so much food and drink (and alcohol!!) all day included, we actually find this to be cheaper than GCH standard room. Even without club, I think these rooms are great. 10-15 min walk thru DTD is not bad. We used EMH this morning at DCA and are back to the lounge for snacks and headed to the pool already-and it’s not even 11am!! Did every ride we wanted at DCA and have FP for tonight for RSR. Pool is empty right now, so choice of seats. You’d love your stay here!

The bigger rooms at cheaper prices. The history, better pools, Trader Sam's and, once again, bigger rooms for cheaper prices. Also the light up headboard that plays a jingle like a music box is pretty awesome.
......way kewl! I just switched from PPH to DLH and I am hoping I made the right choice (pool will NOT be an issue)...

To OP-we are here at DLH now. LOVE our room! I upgraded to a standard club level room. With the concierge lounge serving so much food and drink (and alcohol!!) all day included, we actually find this to be cheaper than GCH standard room. Even without club, I think these rooms are great. 10-15 min walk thru DTD is not bad. We used EMH this morning at DCA and are back to the lounge for snacks and headed to the pool already-and it’s not even 11am!! Did every ride we wanted at DCA and have FP for tonight for RSR. Pool is empty right now, so choice of seats. You’d love your stay here!
....in which tower are you staying?

I gave it three chances. I'm done with it. I hate the parking. I hate the slow elevators. I hate the walk to and from the hotel. I hate the food options there (or the lack of food options, more specifically). I hate the tiny joke of a pool. It just also doesn't feel like a Disney resort to me at all. The theming is bare bones, all the way around.
....this makes me feel SOOOOOO much better! We had ressies at PPH and just switched to DLH last week! *whew*

fp7-jpg.388128
.....love, love, LOVE the outfits! :thumbsup2

We have been 100+ times, always stayed off property, in June 2018 my work sent me to Disney Grand Californian for a work conference. I fell in love! We hadn’t been to Disneyland in years, we go to WDW yearly. This year I’m going to Disneyland for my birthday, now that I actually have to pay for my room, lol, I am wondering if I should choose the Disneyland hotels over Grand Californian. It will be 3 adults, 2 kids, November 2019.
I love the balcony at GC, I love the convenience to DCA, I love the pizza place that’s so close to GC. What will I love at Disneyland Hotel?
Help me decide please
I have stayed at DLH and GC. I admit that the sheer convenience of walking downstairs and right out into DCA is great. Add in that it's close to DL as well is an added benefit. The room decor is better at GC compared to DLH, but not by much. In terms of interior of the hotel, I liked the overall feel of DLH more when it comes to the shops/restaurants. It just feels like you're at a Disney Hotel. If price isn't a concern, then stay at GC.

Minor Note - my kids LOVE to sleep in Bunk beds, which you can request at GC.

We are in the Adventure Tower. I asked to be in the same tower as the lounge at time of reservation. I was told all club room are in Adventure except suites. It is awesome to grab snacks and drinks and take them to the pool!
...is that closer than the Fantasy Tower to DTD?

...is that closer than the Fantasy Tower to DTD?
The Adventure Tower is technically slightly closer to DTD than the Fantasy tower, but at this point, we're talking a matter of a few yards. The difference in distance isn't relevant in any functional way.

We just returned home today from a 4 night stay in a 2 br suite at DLH. My partner and I had our 2 young adult sons and their gfs with us, and it was much cheaper to do the suite than doing 2 standard rooms at GCH, which is where we prefer to stay because of its location. Having 2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and a queen sofa in sitting room between the bedrooms was fantastic. We were able to be together, but still have private spaces. If you can do this, I'd recommend it.

The Adventure Tower is technically slightly closer to DTD than the Fantasy tower, but at this point, we're talking a matter of a few yards. The difference in distance isn't relevant in any functional way.
....when you have MY knees and malady, it is. :rotfl:

We have DLH reservations for Thanksgiving - thinking through sleeping arrangements, wondering if it will be better to have me and hubby each share a bed with one of our sons (the boys don't share well with each other!), or put one kid on the sofa bed - can anyone speak to the sofa bed comfort level? And how crowded does the room get with the sofa bed pulled out? TIA!

I have stayed at DLH and GC. I admit that the sheer convenience of walking downstairs and right out into DCA is great. Add in that it's close to DL as well is an added benefit. The room decor is better at GC compared to DLH, but not by much. In terms of interior of the hotel, I liked the overall feel of DLH more when it comes to the shops/restaurants. It just feels like you're at a Disney Hotel. If price isn't a concern, then stay at GC.

Unfortunately they removed the bunk beds in the renovation of the GCH.

I stayed at the DLH for the first time last October after staying at the GCH the past 3 trips. While I was glad for the experience; the headboard lighting up, Trader Sam's, close to the monorail, I don't know that I would stay there again. I didn't find the room that much bigger, and the actual headboard of the bed was peeling and not in the greatest shape. I also didn't really care of the distance from the parks compared to the Grand.
Our most recent stay at DLH was disappointing. I think we had a random selection of the smallest room. It was like a small GCH room but without a balcony and other GCH perks. Dark and cramped. It was our third stay and very different from the others. It’s a complete gamble. Or you just pay the extra $$$ for better room. I honestly felt like I made a mistake requesting a specific tower. I never make request and have usually been happy with whatever they give us (including surprise upgrades at the other hotels.)

They took out the bunk beds about 2 years ago.

We have DLH reservations for Thanksgiving - thinking through sleeping arrangements, wondering if it will be better to have me and hubby each share a bed with one of our sons (the boys don't share well with each other!), or put one kid on the sofa bed - can anyone speak to the sofa bed comfort level? And how crowded does the room get with the sofa bed pulled out? TIA!
My (adult) daughters have both said the sofa is comfortable. Also, it is a long twin size, it folds down instead of pulls out so takes up no more room than the sofa does.

Our most recent stay at DLH was disappointing. I think we had a random selection of the smallest room. It was like a small GCH room but without a balcony and other GCH perks. Dark and cramped. It was our third stay and very different from the others. It’s a complete gamble. Or you just pay the extra $$$ for better room. I honestly felt like I made a mistake requesting a specific tower. I never make request and have usually been happy with whatever they give us (including surprise upgrades at the other hotels.)
I got a room like that once, but I went back to the desk and told them it wasn't acceptable. It was so small and it only had one bed-- not even sure that was a queen. It was on the end of a hall in the Fantasy Tower and was kind of leftover space; a big chunk of it was missing. You came in the door and it was a long hallway into the actual tiny room, where there wasn't even room for a dresser. I went back to the desk and they gave us a suite in Adventure! I had paid for a deluxe room; the little room had a parking lot view so not deluxe by any means, but it was the size and not the view that concerned me. Didn't expect or ask for a suite; I imagine they were pretty booked up to give us that or they were wanting to make sure we were happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter