Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

Yeah i really wish we didn't have to wait until summer as well. But for me at least off property with a wheelchair racer is just not feasible. Just thinking of trying to load that into an unfamiliar car at 3:30 on a race morning. Or trying to push it down multiple blocks at that time of the morning or fighting the public is just not happening.

runDisney hopefully will provide some accomodations with ART for those who don't or can't put up the price of onsite for disabled athletes. But its too many unknown factors for me.
Just wanted to make a suggestion and see if this could help you....what about the Harbor hotels like Best Western Park Place, Tropicana, and any of those right at the DL Habor sign? It could be a straight shot from DL enterance on Harbor through DTD to the race start. Assuming the races will start where they used to.

Did you get out on a run this afternoon? I'm sorry for your son's injury. Take your time to clear your head and take care of your son's needs.... there is plenty of time to train. Maybe yoga would be helpful since you can do it at home on YouTube.
Best wishes!
I got out today! It felt good. Hopefully this is the first step back! You asking helped motivate me so Thank You!

Yeah i really wish we didn't have to wait until summer as well. But for me at least off property with a wheelchair racer is just not feasible. Just thinking of trying to load that into an unfamiliar car at 3:30 on a race morning. Or trying to push it down multiple blocks at that time of the morning or fighting the public is just not happening.

runDisney hopefully will provide some accomodations with ART for those who don't or can't put up the price of onsite for disabled athletes. But it’s too many unknown factors for me.
Yes, totally! Hope it opens up sooner rather than later, and they have options for folks that need it!

Just wanted to make a suggestion and see if this could help you....what about the Harbor hotels like Best Western Park Place, Tropicana, and any of those right at the DL Habor sign? It could be a straight shot from DL enterance on Harbor through DTD to the race start. Assuming the races will start where they used to.
still too long for me. Look I love the Harbor hotels I stay over at the Fairfield that’s a half mile from the gates all the time (measured it). But that’s also part of the issue the jaunt to get from Harbor to the Disneyland Hotel holding area.

Because remember the holding area for the start is all the way over at the Disneyland hotel if they keep that. With the start being off of Disneyland drive.

Cutting through DTD is still a good mile long jaunt. And when you’ve got a disability racing energy is more of a commodity than normal. Plus trying to do that in reverse when tired in daylight after pushing a half.

Still not very appealing.

There’s a reason wheelchair racers don’t take the long walk to the Marathon and Princess start. We take a modified route that cuts off a bunch. And why our rides to the hotel pick us up from where the disability tent is.

Also before ECV gets brought up. Trying to push this in anything other than a day chair. Which still drains energy. Is not exactly the easiest. And the last thing I need to ne doing is damage right before a race

FA0FC99F-048C-4F94-BCBE-0FF037E05295.jpeg

(Angle is deceiving but from back to front this thing is about 6 feet and 24 inches wide)

And commuting in it or picking it up and carrying this thing for a mile and a half unless necessary isn’t fun.

Admittedly rD could be giving us accomodations. But the wheelchair division has grown a lot since 2017 at Disney. So this is going to take more coordination than whatever they did last time.

Like I appreciate the suggestion I do. And I thought about the Harbor hotels. But it’s just not feasible. Not without info that won’t come until much later.

Last edited:
There’s a reason wheelchair racers don’t take the long walk to the Marathon and Princess start. We take a modified route that cuts off a bunch. And why our rides to the hotel pick us up from where the disability tent is.

I wondered about that. I park in the medical area (read: handicapped) at Epcot for the races. I do see a few racing wheelchairs get unloaded, but then they disappear between security and the start line I never thought about where they all went, but now it makes sense

I wondered about that. I park in the medical area (read: handicapped) at Epcot for the races. I do see a few racing wheelchairs get unloaded, but then they disappear between security and the start line I never thought about where they all went, but now it makes sense
Yeah the disability tent is over back at the end of the row of buses area that picks up after the race.

I did duo last year (2022) because I didn’t have my racer yet. So I had my hands free to record it so this is what the walk over for us looks like.

Being duo means i wasn’t up with the pushrims and handcycles. But back in the back of A. But you get the general gist.

I’m not as familiar with how Disneyland did it. I didn’t have as many friends in the community I’m not apart of in 2017. I was still grappling with a lot of things at the time. So not sure how load in for CA works for racers.

I know how it worked for ambulatories like myself at the time (drop us at the back of a corral). But it will be a new experience for me with the racer

Also looking at the map again and I forgot that they had changed it from taking the toontown hill from the Fantasyland side to going down the incline on the Toontown side.

And I’m really hoping they keep it that way because both sides are not going to be not fun to go up. But it always feels like going up the Toontown side is worse.

Idk about the slope angles but that side always felt steeper. Going down that side means more momentum to get back up in Fantasyland.

Honestly theirs four hills I’m dreading to varying degree if they keep the same course. Harbor hill over I-5, Toontown hill, the hill at the start (because you go down under the bridge level out and then back up, think Contemporary but not as steep if I remember right), and the Angels Stadium entrance.

And I get these some of these aren’t as bad as others. And some only consider the I-5 an actual hill. But when physics is even more at play in a racer you notice the hills that exist even more.

Also looking at the map again and I forgot that they had changed it from taking the toontown hill from the Fantasyland side to going down the incline on the Toontown side.

And I’m really hoping they keep it that way because both sides are not going to be not fun to go up. But it always feels like going up the Toontown side is worse.

Idk about the slope angles but that side always felt steeper. Going down that side means more momentum to get back up in Fantasyland.

Honestly theirs four hills I’m dreading to varying degree if they keep the same course. Harbor hill over I-5, Toontown hill, the hill at the start (because you go down under the bridge level out and then back up, think Contemporary but not as steep if I remember right), and the Angels Stadium entrance.

And I get these some of these aren’t as bad as others. And some only consider the I-5 an actual hill. But when physics is even more at play in a racer you notice the hills that exist even more.
Did I miss something? Have they posted the routes yet, or are you looking at previous year routes?

Did I miss something? Have they posted the routes yet, or are you looking at previous year routes?

We're going on the presumption that the 2024 courses will be similar to the 2017 courses, and that the start line will be just north of Downtown Disney on Disneyland Drive.

For those who were able to sign up on Tues.....regarding merch., do you need (I know not really need :) ) to purchase at time of registration or has anyone tried to go back in after they have registered to purchase ? Thanks

For those who were able to sign up on Tues.....regarding merch., do you need (I know not really need :) ) to purchase at time of registration or has anyone tried to go back in after they have registered to purchase ? Thanks
Preorder is not available after registration at the moment, but I would imagine it will be once general registration opens. Considering the presumed popularity of these races, I wouldn’t want to waste time during general registration trying to get preordered merch.

Pre-order merch is typically open after registration so you should not need to do it at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter