• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

I expect this first year is partly testing the waters with Anaheim. And getting things smoothed out and nicely before trying to push for multiple race weekends. They didn’t even introduce all weekends in one go. Tink was 2012. Avengers was 2014. I can’t remember exactly first Light Side but I think 2016?

2015 for Light Side. It took the weekend Tink used to be (MLK weekend that is now DLHM weekend) and Tink moved to Mother's Day weekend in 2015.

2015 for Light Side. It took the weekend Tink used to be (MLK weekend that is now DLHM weekend) and Tink moved to Mother's Day weekend in 2015.
Ah thanks.

On a related note who knows when the Disneyland hotels (on property not good neighbor) are available for booking. I’m guessing phone ones are or will be soon? But considering how booking for us normally goes online would be easier. But if it’s open on the phone.

FTR I love good neighbors and have a couple of good recs if anyone wants them. It’s just I don’t want to deal with getting my 6 foot long racer in a car or push it across Katella or any other street at 3:30 in the morning.

Easier to roll out from one of the on property.

I’m all registered for the 5K and Dumbo Double Dare via Club runDisney!

They had merch pre-orders as part of the registration process for pin bundles, spirit jersey, Loungefly, Magic Key Bundle, and a general weekend bundle. There might’ve been other stuff, but I didn’t pay close attention because I’d rather just get it at the expo.

They had merch pre-orders as part of the registration process for pin bundles, spirit jersey, Loungefly, Magic Key Bundle, and a general weekend bundle. There might’ve been other stuff, but I didn’t pay close attention because I’d rather just get it at the expo.

Uh, I'm going to need find more details on this. They have something for Magic Keys 👀?

Registered for the Double Dare! My first DL race since 2015, woo!

Added the DD pin bundle (since I don't need the 5K one) and the jacket bundle. Merch looks like it could be super retro and fun for this one & didn't want to miss out

Yay! If you want, I can add confirmed registrations to the OP.

Crap. I was just going to do the Dumbo Double Dare, but was planning to get in for first day of Expo anyway. Do I just add the 5K too???

In for a penny, in for a pound 👀💚

I'm still trying to decide if I do yoga now especially knowing there's an MK* merch package. May have to choose 😭

EDIT: *Magic Key

Yeah, that's why I specified "when available" 😁. Basically not wanting to give any reason to not register for it when it reopens. If Legacy know they're locked in, no reason to buy CrD when it does open. They still could have acknowledged Legacy with just a designation and not given the guaranteed registration. But I'm glad they went with the traditional Legacy acknowledgement we're accustomed to. It's the least they can do after so long without West Coast races.

Would have been nice to have a DLR specific CrD. I might have maybe put out money for it. Maybe. Probably not. At least would have been nice to have the option. Oh well. I already have the day off anyways as a normal day off for general reg day so just going to hope my luck holds. Trying to grab DDD, 5k, and maybe yoga so it's going to be tough.

Yeah, PDC was only 3 years. 2015, 2016, and 2017. 2018 as we all know was announced, but then cancelled along with all other 2018 DLR races. So if they choose to still Legacy it off it returns, we have two more race weekends of it before it'll reach Legacy status. Here's hoping it and the other races return 🤞. Tink I feel has a good chance to return just because it's the sister race to Princess. But who knows 🙃
Yeah I’m legacy for the 1/2 because that was on year 6 before the races stopped. So if it comes back I should get in via that. But it will be interesting to see if they honor legacy for PDC or Avengers (which was a year short of the 5) if it comes back.

Whoops on missing the when available 😅

This is the Magic Key bundle (Disneyland's Annual Pass Program):
View attachment 738098
well now I’ve got a worry of whether or not I can get the account to recognize my magic key. Considering that’s under a separate email.

Still waiting on my reg link. Looks like cRD went first.

This is one of the joys of the system change since the last DL race. Not being sure how to get the emails to talk to each other

Yeah I’m legacy for the 1/2 because that was on year 6 before the races stopped. So if it comes back I should get in via that. But it will be interesting to see if they honor legacy for PDC or Avengers (which was a year short of the 5) if it comes back.

Whoops on missing the when available 😅
Yup! I think we were all tracking those years closely lol. I was planning on Legacy for PDC since they set the precedent with DDD getting it. But who knows now 👀. But fingers still crossed those races return along with Legacy that was already acknowledged and Legacy that was almost there!

And no worries 😂. I've missed words too.

well now I’ve got a worry of whether or not I can get the account to recognize my magic key. Considering that’s under a separate email.

Still waiting on my reg link. Looks like cRD went first.

This is one of the joys of the system change since the last DL race. Not being sure how to get the emails to talk to each other

Oof, yeah, if different email that might be tricky. Depends how they're operating it if it's meant to recognize the Key or if it's honor system/gets checked at pick up like some of the supposed MK exclusives at DLR :rolleyes:

Will be curious what your experience is!

When you do get your link since you have an MK, do us other MK holders a favor and if there's any extra info about anything related to it please share 👀

You should all be very happy because I just signed up for all three races!

I did not buy any preorder merch, though. I miss the bundles that were just the pins and magnets. I'm picky about the clothing, but correct me if I'm wrong -- you can return the preorder merch at the expo if you change your mind, right?
If so I may go back and order the jacket and tee and maybe the Magic Key bundle.

Depends how they're operating it if it's meant to recognize the Key or if it's honor system/gets checked at pick up like some of the supposed MK exclusives at DLR

IIRC from the previous WDW preorders, they asked for your ID and AP at pickup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter