Disneyland getting rid of lids for adult drinks & staws on ask only basis.

I like the personal choice path. Don't force me to use or not use a straw or lid. I can decide for myself whether I need/should use these, but give me the option, if possible.

No more bans or one-size-fits-all rules (or boycotts, for that matter.) I can conserve/reuse stuff on my own. I don't need more laws to force me to do it your way.

I've reused straws for a while before. Have you tried washing them? Just washing the outside doesn't work. You have to get a pipe cleaner to clean out the inside as well since rinsing just doesn't work. But then the pipe cleaner becomes a single use disposable that is not biodegradable. Ack! I can also see a lot of messes caused by non-lidded cups put in the stroller cup holders. Those strollers get bumped all over the place by occupants and pedestrians.

People may get their wish... The anti Disney voices on the Anaheim Council has spoken again.

https://voiceofoc.org/2018/08/santana-disney-fireworks-impact-on-neighborhood-health-needs-study/

BTW - I know all the areas of Anaheim have their candidates on the council. Anyone else think the visitors of Anaheim, who actually pay the majority of taxes should also have a voice to the council?

Ridiculous. Then why did they buy a house that near to Disneyland? Disneyland was there first. It's like people who buy a house close to an airport and then complain about the noise.

We have yet to catch the fireworks at DLR (did do the HEA dessert party at WDW back in February, so that was fun) either because we were too beat to make it that late or we were ready for them and they were canceled by Santa Ana winds, haha.

I can see both sides of that issue, tbh, but yeah, have to agree that Disneyland's been there longer than most adjacent neighborhoods, so. Know what you're getting into, I suppose.

Ridiculous. Then why did they buy a house that near to Disneyland? Disneyland was there first. It's like people who buy a house close to an airport and then complain about the noise.

I agree people chose to build up around Disneyland, if they dont like it they can move.

In my experience, most people are pretty bad at recycling when they're in public. For example, in my state, a lot of businesses now offer the option to sort your waste into the proper receptacle... and there is always stuff that isn't supposed to be in there in each one. At that point, who's responsibility is it to sort it? And at what cost? Does recycling that has landfill waste mixed in actually end up recycled? Recycling is good, but so is reducing and re-using.
Also what and how it is recycled changes by county. For instance Truckee's recycling is way different than San Mateo County where I live. If it was the same everywhere I think it would be easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter