Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #3!- HOLIDAYS BEGIN 11/12/13!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenny --

There's also a snowman loaf, a candy cane loaf and a Christmas tree loaf -- all of which I would happily show you photos of...if I could get my photos to download from my camera. By the time I get them downloaded (once the card reader gets here) you will have already taken your trip!:rotfl2:

:santa::santa::santa:

:rotfl2: True friend, we'll be in DCA this Thursday and Disneyland this Friday. The sourdough loaves are one of the best treats and deals in the parks. Nothing like ripping off a piece of a warm sourdough Mickey head. :laughing: I think we got the candy cane loaf before too. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: True friend, we'll be in DCA this Thursday and Disneyland this Friday. The sourdough loaves are one of the best treats and deals in the parks. Nothing like ripping off a piece of a warm sourdough Mickey head. :laughing: I think we got the candy cane loaf before too. :thumbsup2

Jenny --

The candy cane loaf seemed to go quickly, before the tree loaf and the snowman. I rather liked the tree loaf because of the way it was made -- it seemed as if it was put together with sort of circular dough knobs, like balls of bread!:lmao: I guess they were supposed to be ornaments? In any case, it looked like it would be easy to rip it apart, knob by knob, for snackin'!:lmao:

I liked the snowman loaf because, to be honest, the expression on the snowman's face looked a wee bit grumpy or evil or something. He didn't look like 'Happy Frosty.' He looked like 'I've Had Enough of You Frosty'!:lmao:

I am down to days....not months or weeks but days!!!!!! And so much to do but that will make these next few days pass by quickly.

I am down to days....not months or weeks but days!!!!!! And so much to do but that will make these next few days pass by quickly.

aidensmom31 -

I suspect that even if you didn't have so much to do, these last few days would pass quickly -- because you're so close to the trip!:cool1: You will have an amazing holiday stay!:banana:

There did seem to be a lot of ride breakdowns though and we were walked off of Space Mountain during EE, it took forever for them to come and get us off of the ride!

Was it Thursday morning that you got walked off? Part of our group was walked off then, from the top of the first rise.

Was it Thursday morning that you got walked off? Part of our group was walked off then, from the top of the first rise.

DebraDi --

Were you at DLR on Thursday? I was there, though that was my last day. How long did you stay last week? I was there from 12/8 - 12/12, so 5 full days. It's too bad we never got to meet up -- I know you told me to look for you, but I blanked out on what your actual dates were. How was your trip?

Yes! We were at the bottom and were the last ones that they came for. At least we got a fastpass for when it came back up!

DebraDi --

Were you at DLR on Thursday? I was there, though that was my last day. How long did you stay last week? I was there from 12/8 - 12/12, so 5 full days. It's too bad we never got to meet up -- I know you told me to look for you, but I blanked out on what your actual dates were. How was your trip?

Sherry, I'm almost afraid to ask, but were you snapping photos at the ice rink on Tuesday around 3:00?

We were there Sunday - Friday.

Our trip was awesome. Sadly, my granddaughter got sick right before they were supposed to leave, and so my daughters family didn't come. -they had driven to Sac, stayed in a hotel the night before an early flight, and she ended up keeping them up all night because of a stomach bug. (ya, I cried.) But we still had a wonderful time. Our group ranged from 12-14 people, depending on the day. As I know that amount of people can be difficult, I was very thankful that we seemed so cohesive all week.

Briggs, our group got a fast pass as well, for the 6 who were on the ride. One of our people is obnoxious ;) enough to ask, and they let all 12 of us on the ride later. (I wouldn't have the nerve, but I did appreciate the freebie)

Sherry, I'm almost afraid to ask, but were you snapping photos at the ice rink on Tuesday around 3:00?

We were there Sunday - Friday.

Our trip was awesome. Sadly, my granddaughter got sick right before they were supposed to leave, and so my daughters family didn't come. -they had driven to Sac, stayed in a hotel the night before an early flight, and she ended up keeping them up all night because of a stomach bug. (ya, I cried.) But we still had a wonderful time. Our group ranged from 12-14 people, depending on the day. As I know that amount of people can be difficult, I was very thankful that we seemed so cohesive all week.

DebraDi --

Oh wow -- so we were there at exactly the same time (except that I left one day earlier, sadly)!

Let's see... Even though my trip was just last week, it already feels like it was 3 weeks ago and things are beginning to become a blur!:rotfl2:

I was definitely taking photos at the ice rink at some point (and I was talking to one of the guys who was on the ice), but I'm trying to recall when. I know it was not Sunday, and it was not Monday. I did the Carthay Circle tour on Wednesday morning so I don't think I went to Downtown Disney until later that evening (to hit Earl of Sandwich for dinner). Thursday was my Imagineer tour and I spent a lot of time in DCA and DL that day, so I didn't do DTD at all.

So...I am thinking that my ice rink pictures (and DTD tree pictures) were, indeed, on Tuesday! Although...I can't recall what time of day. I think that Tuesday was the day I spent a lot of time wandering around the Disneyland Hotel and combing through World of Disney.

Let me guess -- were you standing two feet away from me at the ice rink and never said anything?:rotfl2:

I will double check the photos (on the camera, since I can't download them to my PC yet) to be sure of the time frame/date of my ice rink photo session, but I think you must have seen me!

In any case, I'm so glad to read that your trip was good for the most part, minus your granddaughter's illness. I hope she has fully recovered by now, but how sad that she had to miss such a wonderful holiday trip. It sounds like you had a big group of people with you for most of the trip -- I've experienced that before, and it can be extremely fun as well as extremely maddening and frustrating!:rotfl2:

Jenny --

The candy cane loaf seemed to go quickly, before the tree loaf and the snowman. I rather liked the tree loaf because of the way it was made -- it seemed as if it was put together with sort of circular dough knobs, like balls of bread!:lmao: I guess they were supposed to be ornaments? In any case, it looked like it would be easy to rip it apart, knob by knob, for snackin'!:lmao:

I liked the snowman loaf because, to be honest, the expression on the snowman's face looked a wee bit grumpy or evil or something. He didn't look like 'Happy Frosty.' He looked like 'I've Had Enough of You Frosty'!:lmao:

:lmao: That hilarious. I like whatever has the most crust/outside. I love a good crunch on my crust. I think we'll go for the tree this time. Poor Frosty.

Let me guess -- were you standing two feet away from me at the ice rink and never said anything?:rotfl2:

I will double check the photos (on the camera, since I can't download them to my PC yet) to be sure of the time frame/date of my ice rink photo session, but I think you must have seen me!

OK, let me throw out my pathetic excuse for myself ;): Up until about age 30, I suffered from an extreme case of introversion (is that a word?) I was painfully shy, but somewhere around there, I decided to work really hard at overcoming that. I’m almost successful in that most people that I know now actually have a hard time believing that I have ever NOT been outgoing. (I just checked in with my office neighbor / friend, and she says she would label me an extrovert, but slightly guarded.- what ever that means.:rotfl2:) However, try as I might, sometimes the old me :scared1:wins.

I super wanted to meet you, the guru of everything that is good and perfect in my life (ok, maybe there's a little hyperbole there, :lmao:, Disneyland is way up there, but not above God, hubby, kids, grandkids, sisters……) So, I see you, -at least I think it’s you, and I couldn’t get the nerve to walk up to a complete stranger and introduce myself, because I wasn’t completely sure it was you. I’m such a baby sometimes.:sad2: We had just seen Frozen in DDD, (have you seen it yet?) and were waiting for the rink to open. It was our one day not in the parks. (well, actually, DH and I and our two little kids did sneak into DL later that evening as we have annual passes. Most of our group had 5 day PHs.)

There were not too many people around, so if your pics include anyone on the same side of the rink as you, they will probably include some of us. –provided the you-taking-pictures was actually you.

By the time we got home DGD was fine, fully recovered, just suffering the effects of being completely catered too for the previous few days. (they are usually a little on the bratty side for a day or two as they adjust to the fact that the world doesn’t actually revolve around them.)

What is the Imagineer tour? Maybe you explained it earlier and I missed it.

I’ve finally learned with large groups to say “I am a control freak until about 1:00ish. It will not hurt my feelings in the least if you want to ditch me.” Sometimes I wish people would ditch me, (some alone time) but I am considered the Disney guru in my circle of friends, so they usually never do. --My big kids know as much (or more) than me, so sometimes we have a little power struggle, but we didn’t even have that this time. (maybe because only one of the two were there :lmao:)

Hi All - I just got back from DLR and it was a lot of fun. This was later into the Holiday season than I've gone in the past, so there were some differences, but overall it was still a lot of fun!

Sherry - it was great to finally meet you! Now I have a face to put to a name! :goodvibes

Now, like everyone else, I've got to download and process my photos! :goodvibes

ddwlms - last week there was a Limited Time Magic event at DCA. It was called "Walk with an Imagineer". Basically, a limited number of guests (technically, 25 guests per day (M-F)) were able to "win" an one hour walk with an Imagineer. The Imgaineer told guests about the back stories, designs, etc. on Buena Vista Street in DCA. The tour ended with a peak inside Club 1901 (DCA's version of Club 33). It was very informative and a lot of fun.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3206904&page=2
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/12/walking-tour-with-an-imagineer/

We are off in fifteen minutes. How could I have planned this trip without this thread?!! I have loved reading everyone's posts. May time officially slow down right now so my six days crawl by. Merry Christmas everyone!

OK, let me throw out my pathetic excuse for myself ;): Up until about age 30, I suffered from an extreme case of introversion (is that a word?) I was painfully shy, but somewhere around there, I decided to work really hard at overcoming that. I’m almost successful in that most people that I know now actually have a hard time believing that I have ever NOT been outgoing. (I just checked in with my office neighbor / friend, and she says she would label me an extrovert, but slightly guarded.- what ever that means.:rotfl2:) However, try as I might, sometimes the old me :scared1:wins.

I super wanted to meet you, the guru of everything that is good and perfect in my life (ok, maybe there's a little hyperbole there, :lmao:, Disneyland is way up there, but not above God, hubby, kids, grandkids, sisters……) So, I see you, -at least I think it’s you, and I couldn’t get the nerve to walk up to a complete stranger and introduce myself, because I wasn’t completely sure it was you. I’m such a baby sometimes.:sad2: We had just seen Frozen in DDD, (have you seen it yet?) and were waiting for the rink to open. It was our one day not in the parks. (well, actually, DH and I and our two little kids did sneak into DL later that evening as we have annual passes. Most of our group had 5 day PHs.)

There were not too many people around, so if your pics include anyone on the same side of the rink as you, they will probably include some of us. –provided the you-taking-pictures was actually you.

By the time we got home DGD was fine, fully recovered, just suffering the effects of being completely catered too for the previous few days. (they are usually a little on the bratty side for a day or two as they adjust to the fact that the world doesn’t actually revolve around them.)

What is the Imagineer tour? Maybe you explained it earlier and I missed it.

I’ve finally learned with large groups to say “I am a control freak until about 1:00ish. It will not hurt my feelings in the least if you want to ditch me.” Sometimes I wish people would ditch me, (some alone time) but I am considered the Disney guru in my circle of friends, so they usually never do. --My big kids know as much (or more) than me, so sometimes we have a little power struggle, but we didn’t even have that this time. (maybe because only one of the two were there :lmao:)

DebraDi --

You're so nice! What kind words.:goodvibes

No worries! I totally understand. I don't particularly feel comfortable being in certain situations with a bunch of people I don't know all at one time -- sometimes I'm okay with it and sometimes I'm not -- so I can certainly understand you not wanting to approach someone you don't know, especially if you were not 100% sure you were approaching the correct person!:rotfl2:

I have not had a chance to scroll through my photos again yet to be sure that I was taking ice rink pictures on Tuesday, but I think I was. I just can't recall what time of the day it was. It also could have been Wednesday that I was at the ice rink, but Tuesday is more likely. I seem to recall that there were a few people walking around near me, but I didn't look at any of them.

It sounds like you most likely saw me though. I think I was there at that time.

figment_jii came up to me as I was waiting for the Imagineer tour, and at first (before she introduced herself) I was thinking, "Who on earth would know who I was?":lmao: She remembered that I had won a spot on the tour ( she explained the tour for you in her post above) and her parents also won the same spot, so she came up to say hello (and ended up getting on the tour as well).

The odd thing was, there was a guy on our tour who looked familiar to me. I have no clue where I've seen him -- maybe he has appeared in other folks' photos on the DIS or on another Disneyland discussion sort of board. I felt like he was someone from some discussion board or another, and that I should know him. I almost asked him who HE was, to determine where I could have seen him, but I didn't!:lmao:

I have not yet seen Frozen.

My main issue with large groups (when I've been at DL with large groups) is that it can get too chaotic and disorganized unless people agree to split up and meet up later. Once I was there with 11 people. About 8 of them started moving in one direction. I followed because I didn't want to get separated from the pack (this was way before the days when I realized I actually enjoy being at DLR by myself!:lmao:). It turned out that we left 2 of the other people in the group behind, as they were lingering in a shop. I don't think anyone intended to leave them -- it's just that we all assumed they were in the pack that was moving through Disneyland!:lmao:

And then there were the issues of where to eat -- some folks wanted one type of food while others wanted something else. Some folks wanted to go back to the hotel while others wanted to hang around in the park. And when we all sat down to eat there was a lot of shouting over the table at each other.

That was not my first "large group Disneyland experience" but I think it was my last, if I recall correctly!:lmao:

Hi All - I just got back from DLR and it was a lot of fun. This was later into the Holiday season than I've gone in the past, so there were some differences, but overall it was still a lot of fun!

Sherry - it was great to finally meet you! Now I have a face to put to a name! :goodvibes

Now, like everyone else, I've got to download and process my photos! :goodvibes

ddwlms - last week there was a Limited Time Magic event at DCA. It was called "Walk with an Imagineer". Basically, a limited number of guests (technically, 25 guests per day (M-F)) were able to "win" an one hour walk with an Imagineer. The Imgaineer told guests about the back stories, designs, etc. on Buena Vista Street in DCA. The tour ended with a peak inside Club 1901 (DCA's version of Club 33). It was very informative and a lot of fun.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3206904&page=2
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/12/walking-tour-with-an-imagineer/

Hi, figment_jii!:wave:

It was great to meet you as well, and I'm so glad you were able to join the tour.

I wondered what happened to you. I didn't realize you were still at DLR all this time, but I hadn't seen you on the DIS until today.

About the pictures -- you know, for the first couple of days after I returned from DLR I was making my way through hundreds of emails that came in and trying to get them organized. I also posted a couple of different recaps of my trip somewhere in the recent pages, and then I got wrapped up in reading other recaps/reports that were coming in from folks in this thread.

By the time I finally sat down to hook the camera up and begin to download the photos with the software on my PC, I encountered a "communication error" which seems to have stemmed from too many photos being on the memory card. The software apparently doesn't recognize the camera or the card once the number of photos goes over a certain point.

So my photos are stuck in my camera! I can view them with no problem in the camera, but I can't download anything from the new batch I took. I don't delete any photos from the memory cards -- I keep them as back-up -- so I had to get a card reader. I am waiting for the reader to arrive and I am hoping that will do the trick in helping to download my photos from the card. If the reader does not work, my next plan will be to head over to a camera shop or something like that and ask them to get the photos off the card and onto a CD. As a last resort I will delete photos from the card if necessary, but I am saving that for the last option!

In any case, there are at least a couple of photos I am itching to view in a larger window and download. So far I can only view them on the small camera screen. I'm sure you know how it is, when a photo you took looks good in the camera but when you view it in a large size it suddenly doesn't look good?:lmao: There are a couple of photos that I thought came out really nicely but I won't know for sure until I can see them in a large window! It may be a whole different story when I seem them in a larger size!

So at this rate, by the time I get my photos from this card, download them, upload them to the very frustrating Photobucket and then try to go through them, you might be done downloading, processing and posting yours!:rotfl2: I'll be lucky if I get any of this done before New Year's!

We are off in fifteen minutes. How could I have planned this trip without this thread?!! I have loved reading everyone's posts. May time officially slow down right now so my six days crawl by. Merry Christmas everyone!

lucysmom --

Have a wonderful, spectacular trip!:cool1: You could have easily planned a trip, I'm sure, but participating in this thread probably helps build the excitement and fun (and helps encourage peppermint ice cream purchases and Hallmark Channel Countdown to Christmas viewing!;))! I hope the days crawl by for you. I know that feeling. I wish my DLR days had crawled and were still crawling.:lmao: Unfortunately, I haven't devised a way to make 5 days magically turn into a week or two yet, so they zipped by rather than crawled.

Be sure to report back and let us know how everything went.

I know this isn't classically Christmas, but I had to share! I went and rode HMH back in October and only the first few doors of the gingerbread house were open. By the time I rode HMH again in December all of the doors were open. It took me a few times to ride it to notice, but they also added a little Zero to the top!

October:
DSC_0505_1_zps46347e5d.jpg

December:
DSC_0062_zps5d6ce391.jpg

I still haven't gone through my pictures although they are all downloaded onto my computer at least! I also have not seen Frozen yet and that makes me sad.....too much to do here to get ready for Christmas. We leave on Tuesday to spend time with hubby's family up by Cleveland where I suspect we will see a good amount of snow! I still haven't fully unpacked from our Disneyland trip yet!

Oh, I have watched two very cute movies on abc family. Holiday in Handcuffs and Snowglobe. Both predictable but cute!

Kinda last minute- okay, very last minute- subbing! We are throwing together a quick trip right after Christmas. I know, I know... trust me, this is the anti-Patty plan! But I can't skip the Christmas decorations and stuff this year! I want to see it ALLLLL!!!

5 park days plus the Holiday Tour--- should be enough time to still ride some things if we plan for early mornings, right?

Kinda last minute- okay, very last minute- subbing! We are throwing together a quick trip right after Christmas. I know, I know... trust me, this is the anti-Patty plan! But I can't skip the Christmas decorations and stuff this year! I want to see it ALLLLL!!!

5 park days plus the Holiday Tour--- should be enough time to still ride some things if we plan for early mornings, right?

Having gone to the parks several times between Christmas and New Years you can for sure do everything you want to if you take advantage of Magic Morning. When the parks get crazy busy that is the time to look at the decorations, see a show, use a fast pass.

DL was pretty crowded yesterday. We enjoyed Magic Morining there then had lunch at Carnation Cafe. Haunted Mansions was down when we went to ride it. Spent the afternoon/Evening at DCL. Felt way less crowded, FPs still available in the afternoon for TOT and Soarin'. California Screaming was a 10-15 minute wait. We may have waited 40 minutes to ride TSMM.... Record high temps yesterday.

Extra Magic Morning at DCA today. Fantasmic Dessert Package tonight at 9. Should be a high of 72 today which is short/T's weather for us. Life is good!
TK

I will admit that I can be a crazy over-planner. My husband specifically asked that I NOT schedule every single aspect of our upcoming trip this weekend, as I have every other year we've been. I tried to hold to this, I really did. I know he and my son are very much "go with the flow" type of people and I'm probably a bit abnormal in my OCD planning, so I tried to be accommodating. That being said, the closer we get to our trip, the more I'm starting to worry! I have not ONE reservation made for meals. Nothing! It seems like such a bad idea not to have any reservations for any meals, especially at this time of year. :worried:

Can someone either soothe my worries and tell me we'll be fine without reservations or tell me that I'm nuts to even think I'll be fine and to make reservations immediately? :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter