Disneyland after Easter? Need some planning help.

Mouse Skywalker

<font color=green>The Force is strong with this Po
Hi Everyone:

After seeing the "Kids Play Free" deal, I'm considering taking the family to Disneyland after Easter this year --> 4/16 to 4/20 (5 days/4 nights), but I need some help from the experts. First of all, how crowded will it be at the parks then? Will it be so full, that we will spend all our time in line?

I've been searching around for places to stay. We can't afford staying at one of the on site Disney hotels for the whole trip. However, I'd like to know what people think of this plan. The Castle Inn has a 3rd night free deal (through GetawayToday.com). I could stay for 3 nights at the Castle Inn (save some money), and top off our stay with the last night at the Disneyland Hotel. This way the kids could play in the Neverland Pool their last day. However, I've seen some really mixed reviews of the Castle Inn. Tripadvisor does not give it a very good rating at all.

What do you all think?

Thanks

So this is what getawayvacations.com is quoting me for April 16 --> April 20.

Castle Inn and Suites 4/16 --> 4/19 (3 nights) w/ 2 adult 3 day park hoppers and 2 child 3 day park hoppers for $473.67.
Dinseyland Hotel 4/19 --> 4/20 (1 night) $330.
Total: $803.67

What do you all think? I'm still a little leery about the Castle Inn and Suites. I would like to save some money, but I don't want to ruin our vacation.

I always make my plans around Easter there are fewer crowds. Not at Easter.
I went this year and hit the 50 year ann. that was to many people for me so next April I made plans April 5 through April 12 at Disneyland Hotel. April is great for us the weather wise also not as many crowds I think.

MS, try the Search Forum link on the top right side when you are in the thread list (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26). I saw this thread (among others) when I searched for Castle Inn: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=896980 That thread gives mixed reviews.

Depending on your needs, there seem to be a few others that people love and post about over and over. Candy Cane Inn, Best Western Park Place Inn & Suites, and HoJo's to name the three that come to mind immediately. Did you look at those yet?

I'm no help--our first trip as a family is in three weeks! Wish us luck at the Desert Inn & Suites. . .

P.S. Love the sig and the link to the thread! My man can plan, but we get along better if only one of us is in charge of the Disney vacation. :rotfl: He lost the coin toss!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter