DisneyDarwin back from 11/23 cruise -- sick!

Well I'm not 100%, but I dragged into work today. Some answers -- I wasn't asked to give a stool sample. I had the impression that by the time I got sick at the end of the cruise, they had seen more than enough passengers to recognize what they had on their hands.

Cookies and fruit at scoops were handed to you by a CM wearing gloves. In fact, in every single instance where food was available there was a CM assigned to hand it to you or put it on your plate. Like at Cookies BBQ on CC, they would put everything on your plate, even the bag of chips, and they would "prepare" your self-serve ice-cream for you. Interestingly enough, we saw our head server serving ice cream one day --- I think that everyone was called upon to chip in.

All condiments were pulled from self service, and you had a CM put ketchup on your plate, mayo on your burger, etc.

My DD and DW are not sick yet, so I remain hopeful there.

I've heard nothing from DCL about compensation, but I'm going to call them this morning. I'm not looking for a free ride, but if they are handing something out, I'm certainly willing to accept it!

Thanks for all the well wishes and thoughts!

I've heard nothing from DCL about compensation, but I'm going to call them this morning. I'm not looking for a free ride, but if they are handing something out, I'm certainly willing to accept it!

Although I also would not demand anything -- I'd be right in line to grab that 1/2 price cruise certificate if it was being offered!;)

Another curious question --- were you charged for your visit to the Ships Doc or were the virus visits complimentary this week?

Another curious question --- were you charged for your visit to the Ships Doc or were the virus visits complimentary this week?

All the communications we got while on board indicated that any medical fees were being waived.

I visited only a couple of hours before we debarked, although I was quite sick at the time. So, we already had our statement. If they intend to charge me it would be after the fact --- and, in this case, I'd probably take exception to that!

As it is, I don't anticipate them charging me.

SORRY TO HEAR YOU GOT SICK:( DH CAME DOWN WITH WHAT WE THOUGHT WAS FOOD POISONING HERE IN GOOD OLD KY THE FIRST OF LAST WEEK, REALLY HIT HIM HARD. THEN ON THANKSGIVING DAY IT HIT ME LASTED FOR ABOUT 36 HRS. IF WHAT WE HAD WAS ANYTHING CLOSE TO THE WAY YOU FELT I THINK I WOULD RATHER THEY JUST SHOT ME AND PUT ME OUT OF MY MISORY:smooth: ANY WAY IT ( VIRUS OF SOME SORT) IS REALLY HITTING KY BAD THE LAST 2 WEEKS, LOTS IN THE HOSPITALS WITH DEHYDRATION. SO JUST KEEP DRINKING PLENTY OF WATER AS THE SAYING GOES!! HOPE YOURDOING BETTER EACH DAY1:smooth:

DisneyDarwin - so sorry it got you; but hope it missed your DW & DD.
Thanks so much for taking the time to send us your reports each night.

Get well quickly!

fran

Wow, I just logged on after a few days off and I can't believe you got sick. Everyone on the DIS Cruise Board I'm sure was following your reports from the ship and now that your sick, it hits home how bad it was with first hand reporting. I'm sorry you got the virus, but I'm glad your feeling a lot better. It's always worse than they say. Looking forward to your trip report and all the excursions. If you had to get sick, I guess the last night is the best, except for the traveling home by plane/airport/lines/car.

Thanks for your reports.
Tina :)

DisneyDarwin,

Sorry you got sick and Thanks for your reports.

-from the "real" KenP :-)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter