Disney Y.E.S. Program

I have read about Open Enrollment and Group Enrollment...is Group Enrollment all year while Open Enrollment is only during certain months? open enrollment is only during certain months

We are going at the end of April and my older 2 would love to participate in any of the programs through YES that I've read about. Is it possible to do that in April, or not? no classes have been offered in April

Does a parent stay at the class with a 12 yr old?Yes

This looks like a lot of fun & we will have to plan our next trip to coincide with the dates ;)

My older 2 love the books (Kingdom Keepers) & would love to participate in a Disney Quest group (as would I). Is this possible to do (form a group) or do you have to be actual organization?my understanding is you have to be an actual oganization

See responses above

Please forgive me if I'm asking obvious questions or ones that have been asked a million times before. I was directed here from the budget board and I couldn't read through all 250+ pages of the original thread. :surfweb:

We will be traveling in Sept 2012 -- 2 adults, 4 kids ages 12, 7, 3 and 15 mos. We ARE homeschoolers, but we aren't traveling with a group and it appears that while the YES Individual Enrollment program is scheduled out through the end of the year, the Homeschool Days are only listed as being through the end of Feb 2012. So here are my questions about the YES program (as it seems Homeschool Days will not do us any good):

- When does enrollment typically open? I think someone posted in the old thread that the may through october classes opened for enrollment last week of january. However the class schedule this year has been posted earlier

- Can one adult accompany 2 students to the same class? yes For example, if my 2 DD's went to the Wild by Nature program, could DH chaperone them both while I tended to the younger kids (either in the park or elsewhere, like back at the condo pool :thumbsup2 )? enjoy your pool time If only one adult attends with two children, are both adults still eligible for discounted tickets? yes both adults can purchase tickets

- Can my 3yo also get discounted tickets via the YES program even though she is too little for a class, or would we have to pay gate price for hers? I've seen several places where it references 2 adults and 4 youth signing up for classes, but haven't found anything about younger siblings. yes you can purchase a ticket for your 3 year old

- On the "pricing" section of the website, under the Starter Packages, it says, One admission per day to any one Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Park for [insert number here] days and one (1) Disney Youth Education Series program. I assumed that one can leave the park and return to the same park the same day, like any other regular admission ticket (obviously there's no park hopping without that add-on), but it does specifically say one admission per day, so now I'm wondering...maybe I should just clarify. Can you leave and come back?yes

I will have more questions. (I always have more questions.) But those are the ones burning in my mind right now and keeping me from being able to sleep tonight. :lmao: Thanks!!

responses above

I have read about Open Enrollment and Group Enrollment...is Group Enrollment all year while Open Enrollment is only during certain months?

We are going at the end of April and my older 2 would love to participate in any of the programs through YES that I've read about. Is it possible to do that in April, or not?

Does a parent stay at the class with a 12 yr old?

This looks like a lot of fun & we will have to plan our next trip to coincide with the dates ;)

My older 2 love the books (Kingdom Keepers) & would love to participate in a Disney Quest group (as would I). Is this possible to do (form a group) or do you have to be actual organization?

What are you exact dates for travel ? (Crazy gleam in my eye) I have the same problem with the Kingdom Keepers Quest. you have to have 10 people to particiapte, and then they break you into 2 groups of 5 :confused3

We are in Orlando April 22-25 & on a Disney Cruise April 26-29---one more day at Disney & then we fly back home :(

Ideally, I'd like to the Kingdom Keepers April 24 or 25th. I thought someone said we have to be an actual youth organiz ation:confused3

I would love for my kids to participate (fun for me, too!)

We are a group of 8. 4 moms and 4 daughters. We were planning on doing one registration for all of us but it sounds like this won't work due to the form constraints online. Does anyone know of a way we can guantee the girls are all in the same class?

Thanks!

We are a group of 8. 4 moms and 4 daughters. We were planning on doing one registration for all of us but it sounds like this won't work due to the form constraints online. Does anyone know of a way we can guantee the girls are all in the same class?

Thanks!

If all 4 moms want to go to the class then you are going to have to sign up seperately.
If you just want the girls to be together and do not care about attending with them (only 1 adult could go) you can do it all in one registration.

I would call and ask since you are traveling together and would like to take the class together what would need to be done.

My concern entering them individually is that the class would fill before you got all 4 complete.
We are doing ours together, DH taking our DS, BFF taking my DD with her 2 DD's, I am going to have some free time :)

I feel like this question keeps on getting asked, but I just need to make sure I have it right.

I want to sign my twin sons up for the same class. Originally I thought both DH and myself could attend with them but it sounds like only one of us would be able to attend, right?

If only one of us can attend, I have a few options:
1. I can register my sons seperately so both DH and I can attend, but I run the risk of the class filling up before I get them both registered.
2. Both DH and myself can go the class and see if it is alright for both of us to attend. If not, I guess one of us will have some "free time".

How quickly do these classes fill up? If I am not online when registration opens am I out of luck?

TIA for any help. We've never done this before and I've already learned a plethora of knowledge.

How quickly do these classes fill up? If I am not online when registration opens am I out of luck?

I am interested to know this, too. I wasn't planning to book our trip for some time yet. I know September is an off-season, but I also don't want to give up the chance to get my girls into a class because I waited too long.

Do most morning classes start before the park opens? In that case, one of us may have to stay back at our townhouse with the other kids instead of just taking them in the park during that time since we are offsite.
Also, can anyone recommend
A certain class that they really enjoyed?

I think it really just depends on the day and how many people happen to be interested in the same class.

There are some of the Jan/Feb classes that are still available to book, so certainly they won't all fill the day that registration opens.

There are only two classes in August that my youngest can do (only "How Things Move" during the dates we're planning to go). Since there are so few for that age, I'm assuming this one will fill quickly. There are more options for my two girls, so if the "How Things Move" fills I'm hoping I can still get them into classes, but DS will be out of luck.

Just and f.y.i. for anyone planning a trip in June, I called today to ask when individual enrollment will start and she told me late April or early May.

Just and f.y.i. for anyone planning a trip in June, I called today to ask when individual enrollment will start and she told me late April or early May.

You mean when registration will be open for summer? Last year, registration opened around 1/26, so I'd be surprised if it was late spring before they open it up.

You mean when registration will be open for summer? Last year, registration opened around 1/26, so I'd be surprised if it was late spring before they open it up.

Yes that's what I meant, sorry;) She said it is starting a little later this year but didn't say why:confused3

Yes that's what I meant, sorry;) She said it is starting a little later this year but didn't say why:confused3

Was this someone at the YES program or someone on a general Disney line? I wouldn't really trust this info, as I can't imagine they would expect people to hold off making plans for a June trip until April or May, you know? Now, last year, registration for Sept and Oct came about that time.

I really hope it doesn't take that long!!! I am on pins and needles as it is. My whole trip revolves around the YES program!

Perhaps this is like other things where the CMs don't really know in advance.

In a recent email response for another question I asked, the CM mentioned that registration would be available in February, beginning of March at the latest. :confused3

Was this someone at the YES program or someone on a general Disney line? I wouldn't really trust this info, as I can't imagine they would expect people to hold off making plans for a June trip until April or May, you know? Now, last year, registration for Sept and Oct came about that time.

Yes it was someone at the y.e.s. program and you may be right cause it would be hard to hold off plans. For us we are going regardless so it doesn't matter to me when registration happens but I would really love the savings that the program offers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter