Disney Y.E.S. Program

I see gerberdaisy mentioned linking to MDE and that's what I pulled up this thread to ask about. Can someone confirm that you can link the YES tickets and book FP+ at 60 days like you can with regular tickets when staying on site? Thanks

Yes, I just received confirmation that at the 60 day mark you can link the yes tickets.

Was hoping someone could help me. Its been about 3 years since we did the Y.E.S. program and I see they made some changes. My DD doesn't like to come with me often but we see a class offered that she wants to take. I have a AP, Can I just get her ticket then pay for the class for me or do I still have to buy a park ticket? I don't see an option for this on the website so I wasn't sure. Thanks.

Hitting the wrat coast on a trip. Interested in possibly doing a yes program at Disneyland. Trying to find ticket pricing for a 1 day or 2 day pass. Anyone have information on that?

In 2012 My DH & DD12 took the photography class in Epcot.

They loved it! I had an AP so did the Behind the Seeds tour while they were on theirs. I threatened to stalk them but didn't. ;)

We are bringing a party of 8 this trip but won't be getting the tickets because I'd like to do 9-10 park days. <le sigh>

Still wouldn't have covered everyone because we're getting 2 APs, too.

We will be purchasing the home school(Student Seminars) tickets but I am assuming they will work the same? How do you get them onto a band? If we have old bands from our last trip can we link them to those bands?

Thanks for any info.

j

I haven’t been to Disneyworld since 2011 and it looks like a lot has changed as far as the Y.E.S. PROGRAM is concerned….. My only questions are...
1)If I purchase the tickets through Y.E.S how do I receive the new magic bands (will the ticket window give them to me once I hand over the reservation number?

2)Can I add dinning

I am staying off site so don’t need a room...

Thanks!

I haven&#146;t been to Disneyworld since 2011 and it looks like a lot has changed as far as the Y.E.S. PROGRAM is concerned&#133;.. My only questions are... 1)If I purchase the tickets through Y.E.S how do I receive the new magic bands (will the ticket window give them to me once I hand over the reservation number? 2)Can I add dinning I am staying off site so don&#146;t need a room... Thanks!

1. You do not receive magic bands with tickets. You only receive them with an onsite hotel stay.

You can purchase magic bands (around $13 each) if you would like to have them. If not you can just use your ticket. You don't need a band.

2. You must also stay onsite to do the dining plan.

We will be purchasing the home school(Student Seminars) tickets but I am assuming they will work the same? How do you get them onto a band? If we have old bands from our last trip can we link them to those bands?

Thanks for any info.

j

Yes, you can link me to old bands through the My Disney Experience website or if you purchase bands in the park they can link those for you at the time.

I'm looking into this for my Girl Scout troops (mixed ages) in the future. Can someone point me to a post that describes the basics for a group?

at DisneyYouth.com , I saw a set of prices when I clicked on the "i" next to each class, and those prices looked very good, but when I went to the registration page, I saw higher prices. Can someone explain the difference to me?

Thanks!

Properties of Motion Physics Lab 101 or How Things Move

Has anyone done either of these programs? if so what rides do they involve?
Looking to choose one for my 8 y.o. while his older siblings do Properties of Motion Physics Lab 201/301. He does not like Space Mountain so I don't want to sign him up for one that has that in it. He does LOVE BTMRR!
Thanks!

Last edited:
My son did How Things Move and he LOVED it! I think it could be a fun way to get son in gear for learning again at school in a fun way!
May I ask if you got to go on any rides for this class? Trying to decide between this and Properties of Motion Physics Lab 101 for my 8 y.o. as my older kids are doing a different YES program.
THANKS!

Just a heads up to those looking at physics class in MK. We did it last trip and by a stroke of bad luck we didnt really get to ride anything. We got on splash and it broke down and we had to exit the ride. Then the line for btmrr was really long so they decided to wait a few minutes and do more lesson time and then when we went back over there the line was still really bad so we headed to do Pirates and it was down. So then they took a vote and opted to just end the class and gave us a fastpass to ride something later. Space mountain wasn't even going to be part of the class.

Just a heads up to those looking at physics class in MK. We did it last trip and by a stroke of bad luck we didnt really get to ride anything. We got on splash and it broke down and we had to exit the ride. Then the line for btmrr was really long so they decided to wait a few minutes and do more lesson time and then when we went back over there the line was still really bad so we headed to do Pirates and it was down. So then they took a vote and opted to just end the class and gave us a fastpass to ride something later. Space mountain wasn't even going to be part of the class.
Thanks for the info. which age group was your program for as the physics one has 3 different ones?

When you link your YES tickets to MDE for fastpass+ reservations, does it ask for your onsite reservation? I was just curious. We haven't decided if we're staying onsite or offsite this year.

Also, do you get magic bands with the YES tickets or do you have to buy them?

When you link your YES tickets to MDE for fastpass+ reservations, does it ask for your onsite reservation? I was just curious. We haven't decided if we're staying onsite or offsite this year.

Also, do you get magic bands with the YES tickets or do you have to buy them?
You get magic bands with an onsite reservation or annual pass, not with any other ticket.

The same fast pass rules apply to yes tickets; 60 days with an onsite reservation or 30 days without.

Properties of Motion Physics Lab 101 or How Things Move

Has anyone done either of these programs? if so what rides do they involve?
Looking to choose one for my 8 y.o. while his older siblings do Properties of Motion Physics Lab 201/301. He does not like Space Mountain so I don't want to sign him up for one that has that in it. He does LOVE BTMRR!
Thanks!

My kids did How Things Move a few years ago (5-8 age group) and we rode Winnie the Pooh, the PeopleMover, and Barnstormer (twice). I can't remember doing any other rides, certainly not Space Mtn (I'm assuming because of the age group). Also, you did not have to ride the attraction. A few families in our group sat out and it was no issue.

A good portion of the class was spent in Cosmic Rays where the kids designed rides on paper and worked together to build things with blocks or tubes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter