Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

FWIW: I was up at 6:15am, logged in & ready to go. July 17-21, tickets & resort reservation. 7.5 hours later (both my sister & I trying), using every hack/trick (dining, incognito, chrome/edge/every other browser, clear history, etc) and oddles of times spent trying to be patient, nothing worked. Gave my login to a friend and after 1.5 hours it let her in. So, don’t be too upset if the “hacks” aren’t working for you!

Just got off of the IT Help Desk. Had the nicest Cast Member (Leona). She tried to do some work-arounds to see if she could get me in but the systems are all wonky right now. She said the IT team is working through the night and to keep playing with MDE b/c once it fixes, it will be quick and then I will able to make the reservations. The situation that I have is a common one (one ticket left over from when they closed due to Covid and we were there) plus my 6 day ticket for October. Hopefully will be fixed by the morning but left a note in my account so if I have to call tomorrow they will know this is an ongoing issue. Also, sent my issue to the IT team so they knew this situation is happening frequently and impacting a lot of people. Waited almost 3 hours but appreciate how helpful she was b/c she really did try to help and was so pleasant considering what I am sure they have been dealing with today.

Wow this is so ridiculously annoying!
We have a package with 9 day tickets, August 6-15.
We have one room with me, husband, older son, younger son. This was a bounceback free dining reservation.
We have another room with just DD registered in it (she didn't want to go, then changed her mind after we booked the bounceback.)

I can book ONE park reservation with our full party of 5.

It doesn't say anything about hitting a limit, it just says one or more parks may be unavailable.

If I take ME out of the party, I can book all 9 days. I have an AP. BUT, because it was a free dining bounceback, I also have a 9 day ticket. So I have two valid tickets, yet it is only letting me book one day. INSANE!

Thanks to those who have posted "tricks" to getting park reservations. Unfortunately I have tried them and none have worked for me. Disney IT, you suck!!

Last edited:
I'm still getting the grayed out parks (AP with 5 DVC reservations), even after trying the tricks you were all kind enough to share. Starting to feel a bit defeated. I was initially capped at 7 days this morning, got one additional day this evening after seeing Olaf a few times, and now nothing but grayed out parks.

Sorry you're having trouble. Me too! I was capped this a.m as well. Waited 6+ hours on the phone with customer service re: gran destino reservations only to be told call back tomorrow (!!!). Now I'm uncapped but can't see any availability at all!!! I'm kind of fed up at this point. May just ask for a refund for my APs and call it a day.

For anyone still facing the issue of not being able to make park reservations for all of the days for your trip (and you aren't an AP holder), there is another flavor of the problem: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Tickets.

I found that once I made a park reservation for the day I originally had MNSSHP tickets for, it would not longer let me make any reservations for the other days of my trip and I got the "One or more parks are not available for Disney Park Pass selections" message for every day on the calendar. What I did to solve this: canceled the park reservation for the former MNSSHP day, made reservations for every day except that day, and made the reservation for that day last. It worked!

Hope this helps someone else who has been struggling getting their reservations!!

(I can't take full credit for finding this solution -- someone else found it in a Facebook group.)
It worked, Thank you!

Question if anyone is on right now.....
We have a week at Bonnet Creek booked prior to our DVC resort stays.
We are AP.
Can I book now? I thought it wasn't til the 26th.

When I progress through the system, it stops before confirming telling me I have reached my limit of passes. We currently have 10 days confirmed.

Am I too early?
Is there a workaround?

After 2 hrs and 40 min of being on hold for 1-800-848-6413 I got a CM at 10:55 PM EST. My issue was only being able to book one day of our vacation, no matter what I did. I could book any single day, but when I tried to book a second all parks were greyed out and unavailable. I didn't catch her name, but she was very pleasant and friendly. She took all on my information, saw the one day that I had made, and tried a few "work arounds" to no avail. She said that initially they had been able to work around for some people, because there had been a known issue, but as the day went on and it got busier and busier and everything just kind of went haywire and they no longer knew exactly what was going on in order to work around it. At least that's my best memory of how she explained it to me. She said there is availability, that it definitely isn't all booked, that it's a computer issue and not availability one (which i think we all were pretty confident about, but she confirmed it). She did say that the supervisors are very aware of what is going on, and that a lot of people are having the same issue as I am. She said the supervisors have been asking the CMs all day to keep them aware of what issues callers are having so they know, and of course they have been working to fix it all day. She also said they are hoping to have it fixed tomorrow morning or a little later, but if they don't to watch the website and listen to what the phone recording says when you call to get an update on what is going on, they didn't put out an update today because they kept hoping it would be fixed quickly. She didn't appear to have any actual info, but said she is confident they will either have this all fixed, push back the future booking groups (AP, ticketholders only), or do something to make it right for those who were blocked by technology but qualified for booking first. She did open a ticket for me and detailed everything we talked about on my ticket and my account, and she seemed to be typing as we talked so either she was or she's good at fooling me into thinking she was! She said she would do it just in case they decided to help people out who hadn't been able to book despite being qualified, and needed proof/documentation we had been trying and what we did.

So I actually don't know how helpful she was technically, but she sure had the right attitude and knew how to handle customers and make me feel listened to. Even though I didn't get anywhere new, I felt better after getting off the phone and felt like she had given me helpful info (not as helpful as being able to just book my days for me, lol, but still better than the nothing I got all day!) I actually did the survey after the call, which was hard because I wasn't happy with not getting my issue fixed, but I was happy with how she handled it otherwise. She also told me that the main direct IT number is 407-939-4357, and the number I called was more of a general number. I just told her it was the only one I could find that let me get in a queue, and didn't say all circuits were busy or ring busy!

I overslept this morning. Then I had to rush to get my car, which is acting up, to the shop. And then I had one heck of a crazy day at work. I literally stopped working around 10:15 tonight. After grabbing a snack, I figured I'd check out the park reservation system and see if anything was left.

I logged in about 10:45 pm and booked park days for our eight-day trip in October (Halloween week) and our weeklong trip in mid-December. Both trips are booked on DVC points, and we have Gold APs. It took about 10 minutes total while I sorted out what I wanted - canceled and rebooked a couple of days to get them in the right order. i was shocked at how easy it was.

Then I came here. And I saw this thread. And I have never in my life been so grateful to have overslept, had car problems and had a terrible day at work. It looks like it saved me hours of frustration in front of my computer. Good luck, my friends. So sorry this has sucked so much for so many.

After trying every trick, suggestion, and link, I was finally ready to throw in the hat when I asked one of my DDs if I could use their phone and BINGO everything worked like clockwork. I got all the rest of my park days booked. So I guess my only offer of advice is to try it on a totally different device. Now my day tomorrow will be spent trying to change my resort reservations from DVC resorts to regular resorts now that we have opening dates.

I overslept this morning. Then I had to rush to get my car, which is acting up, to the shop. And then I had one heck of a crazy day at work. I literally stopped working around 10:15 tonight. After grabbing a snack, I figured I'd check out the park reservation system and see if anything was left.

I logged in about 10:45 pm and booked park days for our eight-day trip in October (Halloween week) and our weeklong trip in mid-December. Both trips are booked on DVC points, and we have Gold APs. It took about 10 minutes total while I sorted out what I wanted - canceled and rebooked a couple of days to get them in the right order. i was shocked at how easy it was.

Then I came here. And I saw this thread. And I have never in my life been so grateful to have overslept, had car problems and had a terrible day at work. It looks like it saved me hours of frustration in front of my computer. Good luck, my friends. So sorry this has sucked so much for so many.

I love this, hah! It's like sleeping through a hurricane, except that everything subsequently gets cleaned up before you wake!

For anyone still facing the issue of not being able to make park reservations for all of the days for your trip (and you aren't an AP holder), there is another flavor of the problem: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Tickets.

I found that once I made a park reservation for the day I originally had MNSSHP tickets for, it would not longer let me make any reservations for the other days of my trip and I got the "One or more parks are not available for Disney Park Pass selections" message for every day on the calendar. What I did to solve this: canceled the park reservation for the former MNSSHP day, made reservations for every day except that day, and made the reservation for that day last. It worked!

Hope this helps someone else who has been struggling getting their reservations!!

(I can't take full credit for finding this solution -- someone else found it in a Facebook group.)
THANK YOU for posting this!!!! This is what finally worked for me.

I'm going to assume that if I make a reservation, and we end up not being able to make it (coming from Canada, not sure what the border/quarantine situation will be like then) I can just cancel with no issues? Kind of like the fast pass system.

Our tickets got extended to expire 2021. And we just have a room only reservation

Looks like the AP limit glitch has been fixed! Unfortunately I also was having the problem where all park selections were grayed out and no amount of refreshing would show them as available. In my MDE I have one active AP and two vouchers.

What helped me was to temporarily reassign my two vouchers to another person on my MDE - a name that I controlled, so I could reassign them back to myself when I was done. Once I did that, availability increased dramatically. I was able to get all my park days and only needed to refresh a couple of times.

Good luck everyone! It’s been a long day!
This did the trick! I had a hopper ticket + AP in my account. I moved the hopper over to an account I control, logged into MDE, went to the Park Pass System, refreshed the dates 2-3 times, for each of my park dates, and...it worked. Once I took these steps, the booking process worked well...after 17 hours of trying

It looks like a major glitch is having both APs and tickets under one account.

Thanks to all on this thread who were thoughtful enough to share their solutions. We had a great team effort here! :thanks:

I'm going to assume that if I make a reservation, and we end up not being able to make it (coming from Canada, not sure what the border/quarantine situation will be like then) I can just cancel with no issues? Kind of like the fast pass system.

Our tickets got extended to expire 2021. And we just have a room only reservation
Yes, there is a cancel button for any park reservations in your MDE plans. Hope you do get to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter