Disney World Hot Takes

From south philly, you know good italian food, but Tony's? Not to be rude, but that was the worst food in all of disney, bar none!
I'm from KC, we do BBQ and we do it well, but no I don't expect WDW to have the most amazing BBQ. Ultimately? Who cares because it's theme park food, it's not trying nor does it need to be "authentic" to XYZ (insert whatever cuisine) to the discernable WDW guest from ABC (insert whatever place known for whatever cuisine).

That said my Orlando DISer friends checked out Tony's last year for Valentine's Day and said

"it actually was really good"
"at an extra charge we got the garlic bread at the start, which had a bechamel sauce and it was fantastic"
"had spaghetti and I got the shrimp fettuccini alfredo, and while it wasn't pasta in Italy level good, it was pretty good"
"I'll surprise myself by saying I actually do recommend it"

This was after they avoided the place for quite a while due to word of mouth/past experience sooo who knows maybe worth a shot ;) (this is for other people's knowledge as you've already said you consider it the worst in all of Disney).

I used to like Sunshine Seasons area in The Land pavilion. They had pretty good food and many choices. Now it has weird hours (fresh food area closes at 4:00!) and I never get the timing right so I’m always disappointed when there’s only pre-packaged food or stale pastries offered.
Agree with Le Cellier quality going downhill years ago. Hate how they pack you in like sardines there and in Mexico as well.
Also, will never do Brown Derby again - food poisoning after eating there has made me gun shy.

As far as Genie+, I have a love/hate relationship with it. Love it when it works for me but hate paying for it.

I think Ratatouille is overrated. I don't remember it being that big of a hit either. I would have rather had a Beauty & the Beast or Aristocats attraction.
You didn't like the theme or the ride? I agree the theme was a reachm I get it is french but it is about french vermin so I didn't go for the theme I went for the trackless ride, the movie was nice but not a favorite.

Boardwalk is an awful resort. Rudest CM's we've ever dealt with.

Monster's Inc Laugh Floor is a must do.

I won't touch anything on a dining plan. It isn't even about the money, I'd happily pay for better options but there aren't any.
We have only been to WDW once, stayed a week. Every restaurant we went to, the staff seemed visibly relieved when they asked if we had a dining plan and we said no. Second or third day in we finally asked why all the servers were so relieved we didn't have a dining plan, and our server said....."because you can order anything on the menu, the dining plan has a lot of restrictions that guests don't like"

I very much dislike the DDP. Not for me as a purchaser of it, never have, never will. But what it did to the severe dumbing down of the dining experiences at WDW. Less.and less incentive for Disney to provide uniqueness and quality in its dining division. It feeds on itself to lower the dining at WDW.
A lot of the complaints about dining declining were upgrades. A lame desert of pineapple chunks was replaced with a great bread pudding with bananas foster sauce, a clear upgrade and what does this site do? Moans and groans about the decline. HAHAHAHA.

From south philly, you know good italian food, but Tony's? Not to be rude, but that was the worst food in all of disney, bar none!
I have heard that's its much improved as of late.

I am not sure Id risk it, but even one of the youtubers who is pretty reliable (and not a shill - they don't do reviews of free stuff) went recently and was very surprised.
Can you get better food outside the park - or in your local Italian - no doubt.

But for Disney - I guess its OK now.

Does not mean Ill be going back any time soon, but I am also no going back to Disney any time soon so...

WDW is more fun without kids. Yep, I said it.

We've been visiting for 20 years with our kids. We have done one trip without them. It was wonderful!

Not to diss them, but it's just easier to do what we want than to take their wants/needs into consideration. I guess that's true of traveling with anyone really.

We've been visiting for 20 years with our kids. We have done one trip without them. It was wonderful!

Not to diss them, but it's just easier to do what we want than to take their wants/needs into consideration. I guess that's true of traveling with anyone really.
Its even better on a solo trip

I guess I'll be the lone dissenter here and say my family loves Hollywood Studios, esp. at Christmas. We went to Epcot last December and it was a nightmare. Cancelled our Candelight tickets because we just couldn't deal with the crazy crowds and rude people. And the Christmas theming was harder to see, though that may have been the wall to wall people. Next day, HS was a breath of fresh air and the old Hollywood glamour theming actually *felt* like Christmas. It's a shorter day park for us, but we do what we want and don't feel like we're missing anything. Love ToT, Smuggler's Run, and the Beauty and the Beast show, and Commisary is one of the best QS out there. To each their own I guess!

My hot take? Animal Kingdom is our least favorite, by far. We're APs this year and kids have begged not to go back to AK.

Is this even a hot take? This is just facts.

My hot take?
I do not mind that Disneyland Paris has implemented a guaranteed access to some of their shows and since last week also the fireworks and parade...

I do not need it for the fireworks or parade, as there are plenty good spots. I'm an AP holder, but I do think it's a good option for those on a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

And I might buy it in the future for shows. Shows are important to me, getting a good seat is important to me, even with shows I have seen multiple times. I just don't always want to wait 45-60 minutes in line to claim that good seat. I like having the option to buy what I need/want.

(Yes, I am still miffed that they changed the AP program and took away my VIP seating at fireworks and parade, but that's not a hot take ;-) )

Last edited:
I guess I'll be the lone dissenter here and say my family loves Hollywood Studios, esp. at Christmas.
You're not alone! -
DHS has grown over the years from our "OK to skip" park when DS was little to one we really look forward to now that we're all adults.
And I totally agree about Christmastime. - I love the retro decor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter