Disney World after Thanksgiving

nonnadab

Earning My Ears
I have heard there are some times of the year at Disney World when the crowds are at their lowest. I think I read that the week right after Thanksgiving....first week is December...is one of those times. Does anyone know this to be true?

Also, I am wondering about the condition of the hotels like..All Star Music or All Star Sports. I know they are economy hotels, and are used by families, but are they in decent condition still?

Thanks! :smooth:

Hi welcome to the Dis. i have been to DW the weekend after thanksgiving, and the crowds were very low. Its my fav time to go. The economy resorts are nice, nothing special, but nice, you won't be disappointed!

The first two weeks of December are historically slow, and a great time to go. All the parks and hotels are decorated for the holidays, and the low attendance allows you to see everything at a relaxed pace. Also, the economy resorts are nice as far as hotels go, but maybe a bit disappointing if you have ever stayed on property at a more expensive resort. Neat, clean, and transportation friendly, but somehow the magic is 'subdued'.

I have been to Disney a few times including this coming week after Thanksgiving. I have rarely encountered any large crowds, and everything is usually open (Except for Blizzard Beach) Rooms are still fine, if your concerned on the life of the rooms, then try Pop Century, it is the newest moderate resort they have, thats where I will be staying this year for the first time

Disney early Dec is the greatest. Xmas decor is the greatest. Come and enjoy your stay. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

I'm hoping that everything I've read on this board is right ! :) My family of 4 have our third WDW/ 1st holiday season trip booked for 11/28-12/2. I am really looking forward to experiencing WDW during a time I never have before. :goodvibes

2001-All Star Sports
2003-CSR
Nov./Dec. 2005-WL DH :earsboy: Me :earsgirl: DD9 princess: DD11 princess:

Well HELLO, fellow-Alabamian! We were at WDW the exact same time last year and it was great. Be sure to get tickets to the Very Merry Christmas Party. For those of us who rarely see snow, it's a real treat.

WELCOME! :goodvibes

November through February are my favorite times to go to WDW; just avoid holiday weeks if crowds are a concern. Enjoy! :flower:

ZippyDooDah said:
Well HELLO, fellow-Alabamian! We were at WDW the exact same time last year and it was great. Be sure to get tickets to the Very Merry Christmas Party. For those of us who rarely see snow, it's a real treat.

We have tix for MVMCP on Tuesday night. :Pinkbounc Can't wait to see the snow. It will surely be more than we see here in north Alabama :sunny:

2001-All Star Sports
2001-CSR
Nov./Dec. 2005 WL :cheer2:
:earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: princess:

MHteacher, my dh& I will be there Nov 28-dec 2 and also have tickets to mvmcp on tues.l. Where are you staying? We are staying at POR. This is going to be our 1st trip with out the kids-I can't wait!!!

Personally, my FAVORITE time to be at WDW is the first two weeks in December. We found that time to be so great that we've gone in December three times now. In fact, we went last year and stayed at POP -- which was fantastic. (Unfortunately, we can't go this December. :sad1: )

There seems to be even more Disney magic in early December -- the Christmas decorations, the music. . . it's so beautiful. Make sure that you go to the Christmas Tree lighting at MGM in the evening (I think that goes on every evening) and walk around the Osbourne Family lights. . . it'll take your breath away.

The week after Thanksgiving is the best time to go. Everything is decorated for Christmas. Epcot is my favorite. I love going to all the countries to see all the different Santa's.And all the resorts are decorated. It's just so beautiful,and really puts you in the Christmas mood(even us Floridians!)

I think the week after Thanksgiving is the best time to go. The crowds are low, the resorts and parks are decorated soo beautifully. I love Epcot the best. They have each country's santa there.It really puts you in a holiday moos,even us Floridians!!!

WeLuvDiznee said:
I think the week after Thanksgiving is the best time to go. The crowds are low, the resorts and parks are decorated soo beautifully. I love Epcot the best. They have each country's santa there.It really puts you in a holiday moos,even us Floridians!!!
And you can go to each resort to see the decor! It's also a good time to take your family pictures for Christmas cards!

Unregistered said:
MHteacher, my dh& I will be there Nov 28-dec 2 and also have tickets to mvmcp on tues.l. Where are you staying? We are staying at POR. This is going to be our 1st trip with out the kids-I can't wait!!!

We will be staying at Wilderness Lodge ( our first time at this resort). We are taking our two DD's (ages 9 and 11). CAN'T WAIT :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

nonnadab said:
Also, I am wondering about the condition of the hotels like..All Star Music or All Star Sports. I know they are economy hotels, and are used by families, but are they in decent condition still?

Uh .... Hate to say this. But, every hotel/resort on the Disney property, and all properties around the parks, are used by "families". Every resort you will find small and big families, families with older kids, younger kids, newly weds, older folks, honeymooning folks, anniversary folks, birthday folks, etc. :)

Just nitpicking her ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter