Disney World 50th anniversary celebration

Bete

DIS Veteran
Are there any details known yet?

Looking forward to it and want to return for it. We did the 25th at both DL and DW. Also, we did the 50th at DL.

This will probably be our last trip there. We are hoping to be 4 generations there for the celebration.

Hope they learned from the castle cupcake fiasco at the 25th. We were there over Christmas that year and it was gross. Many once in a lifetime visitors were unable to see the icon of the park with the makeover.
LOL, that was hideous! I have a few pictures of that. A big pink monstrosity. X)

We are planning on flying in sept that year and staying at the contemporary...we are flying home early Oct...watching this for rumors and event plans...hoping for a contest to stay in the Cinderella Suite..

Hope they learned from the castle cupcake fiasco at the 25th. We were there over Christmas that year and it was gross. Many once in a lifetime visitors were unable to see the icon of the park with the makeover.

I was in like 3rd grade and loved it and even now seeing it in pictures brings back such good memories.

I was in like 3rd grade and loved it and even now seeing it in pictures brings back such good memories.
Most guests we heard talking about it while there were pissed. Several were once in a lifetime and didn't get to have their picture taken in front of Cinderella's Castle, but a giant pink atrocity.

Last edited:
I liked it, but I was 10. I was mad my parents got to see it in person and I didn't.

I also didn't get to see it and wish I had - I think for semi-regular visitors it was fun and cute and something different, but do get why "once in a lifetime" visitors were not so happy about it

So, will the 50th anniversary begin with January, 2021 or will it first start on the real anniversary date of October 1, 2021?

for every person that hated it I am sure there is someone who loved it . . . .
I liked it fine, and was a young adult at the time, not a child. I thought it was whimsical.

It was much better in my opinion than the toilet paper unleashed by Stitch on the castle.

But I would be OK with them doing something a little more subtle this time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!