Disney Wonder - May 29, 2017 (Alaska)

Good morning May 29th Cruisers! I would like to participate in the FE program, but I could use a little input. Our group is Anita (me) Mark (husband) and my daughter Miranda (23). My daughter Miranda is a disabled young adult, and loves all things Disney, especially the old school princesses. Although she is 23, she looks/presents like roughly a 12 year old girl. Do you all think that FE would be a good option for us? If so, could we be added to a group? We have no allergies, and we are in accessible room #7136, which has a very large balcony to accommodate her wheelchair, so we have the party deck! This is our 2nd cruise, but it's been a very long time :) I'd love to do mixology and a meetup, but not sure if we would be able to make it work. Any and all input and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Think it's a great idea! Especially if Miranda loves getting fun filled surprises:)

Good morning May 29th Cruisers! I would like to participate in the FE program, but I could use a little input. Our group is Anita (me) Mark (husband) and my daughter Miranda (23). My daughter Miranda is a disabled young adult, and loves all things Disney, especially the old school princesses. Although she is 23, she looks/presents like roughly a 12 year old girl. Do you all think that FE would be a good option for us? If so, could we be added to a group? We have no allergies, and we are in accessible room #7136, which has a very large balcony to accommodate her wheelchair, so we have the party deck! This is our 2nd cruise, but it's been a very long time :) I'd love to do mixology and a meetup, but not sure if we would be able to make it work. Any and all input and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I definitely think you should participate! I'll make sure to send some "pixie dust" (gifts without being in your FE group) her way!!!

Last edited:
FE Donald group question:
Because my gifts are gender specific I have to ask is Nicky Shieh-Bassaw in 2075 female or male I don't want to assume incorrectly!
Thanks!
Also the Lazarou's cabin has moved from 6540 to 2133.
~Stephanie

FE Donald group question:
Because my gifts are gender specific I have to ask is Nicky Shieh-Bassaw in 2075 female or male I don't want to assume incorrectly!
Thanks!
Also the Lazarou's cabin has moved from 6540 to 2133.
~Stephanie

Oops! I thought I set notifications on this thread and apparently I haven't been getting them! Nicky is female and an adult so I will be updating that on the chart and I will change your cabin number! I'll let you know once completed!

We are the Chong Ohana from Hawaii and this is our first cruise! We are excited and looking forward to joining the fish extender group. There are 4 of us, PC, TDC, JDC, BEC. For those veteran DCL cruisers out there, any "must knows" you can share are appreciated! Aloha

Hi Chong Ohana! Happy to have you join us! I will add you to the FE shortly. Do have kids and ages of them? Thank you!

Hello!
This is our first Disney Cruise. We are super excited. We are interested in participating in the FE. Jeremy (Dad) Tamra (Me) Lucas (7 M) and Eleanor (1 F) we are in room 5012 no allergies except for my husband who can't have chocolate. He's weird! lol. I saw you might be haveing a mixology class. Not sure what that is, though can someone explain what it is and what the cost includes? I do know that our family and the rest of my group would be interested in meeting up with other families. We are celebrating belated milestone birthdays and our first family vacation in a long time. Thank you so much for all the help and putting this on.
Also, is anyone else traveling with babies/toddlers?
115 days and counting!!!!

Hi Tamra, happy your family is joining us! I will add your family to the FE and I'll make a longer post once I'm on the computer to answer your other questions. Too hard on my phone. So I'll talk to you soon!

Hi everyone, sorry for being absent from this board but wanted to give everyone the heads up that I'm finalizing the FE and will be posting the final over here once done. Please let me know if anyone else wants to join, have corrections, or have questions for me. Thank you!

Hey Everyone! My BF and I are pretty big into board games/card games! If we brought a team one ( like one night werewolf) would you guys want to get a group of people together to play?!:figment:

Oops! I thought I set notifications on this thread and apparently I haven't been getting them! Nicky is female and an adult so I will be updating that on the chart and I will change your cabin number! I'll let you know once completed!
Thank you!

Hey Everyone! My BF and I are pretty big into board games/card games! If we brought a team one ( like one night werewolf) would you guys want to get a group of people together to play?!:figment:

We always bring some too! But most of the time we never bring them out! We get caught up in Trivia and everything else going on. Also, the pub usually has board games out during the day so we have gone in there sometimes. Since I have 26 family members coming I probably can't plan a time to meet up right now but maybe it can happen (probably when we decide to hide, lol).

Hello!
This is our first Disney Cruise. We are super excited. We are interested in participating in the FE. Jeremy (Dad) Tamra (Me) Lucas (7 M) and Eleanor (1 F) we are in room 5012 no allergies except for my husband who can't have chocolate. He's weird! lol. I saw you might be haveing a mixology class. Not sure what that is, though can someone explain what it is and what the cost includes? I do know that our family and the rest of my group would be interested in meeting up with other families. We are celebrating belated milestone birthdays and our first family vacation in a long time. Thank you so much for all the help and putting this on.
Also, is anyone else traveling with babies/toddlers?
115 days and counting!!!!

I have added your family to the Goofy Group! Let me know if anything needs to be corrected and I did add his chocolate allergy! That is one rough allergy, no chocolate? Ahhh!

For Mixology the cruise will have plenty of classes on-board featuring different alcohols and drinks but we are requesting private mixology sessions for anyone interested between here and the FB page. I think we have over 70 people interested right now. The class includes all the drinks that is mixed in your class, the drinks are usually mixed by those attending. On our last cruise our whole family had a chance to get in on the action! This is kind of how the class goes on the ship: http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articles/try-mixology-class-disney-dream

This is the info I've been requesting for the signup list:
1. Booking for Group Mixology is 30 days before sail date so will finalize participants at that time
2. Groups can be as small as 20, large as 40 (depends on class)
3. Cost will be a minimum of $20 (depends on class)
4. DCL will provide available group sessions and we will work with those interested to join session that works best for them
5. We can request specific classes, if you have a preference please let me know!
6. We will need Names and Cabin Numbers of all participants to confirm booking because they will charge class to cabin

For meetup I know there are tentative plans to have one on Sunday night at the Pan Pacific Hotel before the cruise and I'm going to ask if someone wants to additionally organize one on the day we leave since I have a meeting with my planner so I won't be able to set it up.

I know my Cousin has a two year old that is coming along but I'm not sure who else is traveling with littles!

We are the Chong Ohana from Hawaii and this is our first cruise! We are excited and looking forward to joining the fish extender group. There are 4 of us, PC, TDC, JDC, BEC. For those veteran DCL cruisers out there, any "must knows" you can share are appreciated! Aloha

I've tentatively added your family to the Goofy Group but I do need some additional information if you can or send me a message, I know I have some of the info but since we are closing the groups I want to make sure everyone has the info they need to get going. Thanks!

1. Family Name
2. Stateroom # (or TBD if unknown at this time)
3. Name of the Guest(s) in your Stateroom
4. For children in Cabin, please provide Age and Gender (optional)
5. Notes/Comments (Any allergies, traveling with groups, or other information that might be useful)
6. We're Celebrating... (If you are celebrating something specific like a birthday or anniversary, let us know!)

Hi Gracie,

I noticed that you are traveling with a special young adult, so are we! My special daughter is 23. Might be wonderful to connect with your family, I'd love for her to have a special peer if that's something you think your family might be interested in. Let me know if you think it would be a good idea :)

Hi! Just booked today!!! This is our 5th Disney cruise. We've only been to the Bahamas so far, but we're doing Alaska this year in honor of my daughter's high school graduation. Is it too late to get added to a FE group? We have a gty cabin, so I won't know the number until we get there (I think). Is that ok? Traveling are me (Traci), my 18 year old daughter (Katie) and 15 year old son (Andrew). The only allergy is shellfish for me, but I don't expect to find a lobster in my FE.

SOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Hi! Just booked today!!! This is our 5th Disney cruise. We've only been to the Bahamas so far, but we're doing Alaska this year in honor of my daughter's high school graduation. Is it too late to get added to a FE group? We have a gty cabin, so I won't know the number until we get there (I think). Is that ok? Traveling are me (Traci), my 18 year old daughter (Katie) and 15 year old son (Andrew). The only allergy is shellfish for me, but I don't expect to find a lobster in my FE.

SOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Yay! Glad you are here! I just started a Late FE under the name of Pluto Group, so I will add you to that. You will be the 3rd cabin in there so hopefully we keep getting some interest. Whenever you find out the cabin number (it should be before you get there) just let me know so I can update everyone! We have another family, Gracie's, that is going for her sister's HS school graduation also!

Hi Gracie,

I noticed that you are traveling with a special young adult, so are we! My special daughter is 23. Might be wonderful to connect with your family, I'd love for her to have a special peer if that's something you think your family might be interested in. Let me know if you think it would be a good idea :)
Hello! Yes we are traveling with my uncle who has fragile X. He's a bit older than 23,hes turning 50 this year and can get a little grumpy. This is going to be his third cruise, first Alaskan one though. I'll talk to my mom and see if we can meet up though! :)

:earsboy:FISH EXTENDERS:earsgirl:

Hello! My girlfriend (April) and I (Jeff) would like to join the FE group! This is my second Disney cruise, my girlfriends first Disney cruise, and our first Alaskan cruise. We don't have any children in our room (7125), but we are travelling with my family. We are in our mid 20s and we are celebrating our 2 year anniversary! We are Disney fanatics and we love to pin trade:) We are also interested in the Mixology Class. We are extremely excited and can't wait!!!

:earsboy:FISH EXTENDERS:earsgirl:

Hello! My girlfriend (April) and I (Jeff) would like to join the FE group! This is my second Disney cruise, my girlfriends first Disney cruise, and our first Alaskan cruise. We don't have any children in our room (7125), but we are travelling with my family. We are in our mid 20s and we are celebrating our 2 year anniversary! We are Disney fanatics and we love to pin trade:) We are also interested in the Mixology Class. We are extremely excited and can't wait!!!
I forgot to add that we are the Stoddard family

CRUISE SIGN-UPS 03/09/2017
Giving everyone over here an update on all the happenings people have shown interest to for the cruise!
If you would like to participate in any of the following events, let me know here or in a message! (see info about each & link to charts below)
1. RECIPE EXCHANGE - New Addition!
2. BOOK EXCHANGE - New Addition!
3. GROUP MIXOLOGY
4. FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE

1. RECIPE EXCHANGE - New Addition!
Swap favorite recipes with your fellow cruisers! All you need to do is get x number of postcards/photos (depending on how many people join), put your favorite recipe on the back, and then drop them off in your your fellow cruiser's FE. This is an adult-only activity. Please sign up. It’s so much fun!

2. BOOK EXCHANGE - New Addition!
I've been asked to see if there are other avid readers out there that are looking for new reading suggestions! Groups will be kept to 4 people total, you will bring 3 (new or gently used copies) of some of your favorite books to exchange with fellow cruisers and you will get to leave with 3 new recommendations! Let me know your genre preference and cabin number. You can bring 3 different books, or 3 copies of the same... however you would like to share!

3. GROUP MIXOLOGY - Still OPEN
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14cWLN98_YLJCozswvmQsq5ln9vEebe2M5ZRnhgX_7Fc/edit?usp=sharing

4. FISH EXTENDER UPDATE - Late FE is OPEN
Group MICKEY, MINNIE, DONALD, DAISY, GOOFY, & CHIP are closed.
LATE FE is OPEN - we currently have opened PLUTO Group if anyone still wants to join a Fish Extender Exchange!

If you have any questions or corrections to your information, please let me know otherwise people might bring the wrong thing to the wrong cabin!
1f642.png

What is a Fish Extender (FE) Exchange?: https://feshopinfo123.wixsite.com/feinfo/all-about-the-fe

Please see the updated charts for FE, Book Exchange, and Recipe Exchange here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wDjY6lno9Dpo8NB8sYOTfgmzHnA0FJP8NswYgmYSncM/edit?usp=sharing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter