Disney Wonder - Alaskan 9 night July 8, 2019

Abuss

Earning My Ears
We are booking this tonight! I'm looking to get involved in FE, recipe swaps and learning more about port adventures for small children. And meeting all of you! Let me know if anyone is starting a roll call!

Ann B.

Welcome one and all to the Alaskan 9 night on the Wonder!

This sailing will be myself and my DS who will be 13 years old. This will be our 6th cruise and 3rd time on The Wonder!

There's a couple threads that look like they're for the same cruise. I'll post here as well and hope the Mods figure it out...cause they're awesome. :)

It'll be me, DW and DS15.

Did you have a favorite port? This will be our first time to Alaska! I have a lot of research to do - plus I'm trying to decide if I want to spend extra time in Vancouver or Seattle.

Did you have a favorite port? This will be our first time to Alaska! I have a lot of research to do - plus I'm trying to decide if I want to spend extra time in Vancouver or Seattle.

We are planning on flying into Seattle and spending a couple days there. Then taking the train up to Vancouver and spending a couple days there before the cruise!

We loved the ZipRider in Icy Strait Point and we'll probably do that again, but the rest of the port was just meh. Hubbard Glacier is incredible, so that is one of the best days. Not sure what we'll do in the rest of the ports yet. Maybe something new.

We loved the ZipRider in Icy Strait Point and we'll probably do that again, but the rest of the port was just meh. Hubbard Glacier is incredible, so that is one of the best days. Not sure what we'll do in the rest of the ports yet. Maybe something new.

Did they offer the smaller boat excursion at Hubbard Glacier like they have for Tracy Arm?

We are excited to do the ZipRider. I hear Icy Straight has some of the best whale watching, we are planning on doing that as well.

Did they offer the smaller boat excursion at Hubbard Glacier like they have for Tracy Arm?

We are excited to do the ZipRider. I hear Icy Straight has some of the best whale watching, we are planning on doing that as well.

No excursions that I know of at Hubbard. DW wanted to do the small boat excursion at Tracy Arm, but it wasn't offered on the 9-night. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, because we didn't even go there.

No excursions that I know of at Hubbard. DW wanted to do the small boat excursion at Tracy Arm, but it wasn't offered on the 9-night. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, because we didn't even go there.

Thanks!
My research was leading me in that direction as I hadn't found any info on it.

Hello! :wave2: We were booked on the 2017 9 night Alaska cruise but had to cancel because of a conflict with DD's band camp. :sad1: We are booked on this one for 2019. :cool1:We went to Sitka the last time DCL went there in 2014. We are looking forward to seeing Sitka again and Hubbard Glacier.

Our DD will have graduated from high school (thus no band camp) and finished her first year of college for this cruise. This will also be her first opportunity to eat at Palo!

We will be in the Seattle area for a wedding the weekend before the cruise and will travel up from there. Haven't decided on train or plane yet.

We are planning on flying into Seattle and spending a couple days there. Then taking the train up to Vancouver and spending a couple days there before the cruise!

We did that the last time we cruised to Alaska... the train was awesome. I can't wait to take this 9 day cruise. It is going to be so much fun.

The train from Seattle to Vancouver was fine, but really only half of the train has a good view out the window. We, of course, were on the other side. :)

We also got delayed just outside of Vancouver by a freight train in our way. Ugh.

The train from Seattle to Vancouver was fine, but really only half of the train has a good view out the window. We, of course, were on the other side. :)

We also got delayed just outside of Vancouver by a freight train in our way. Ugh.
Which side of the train should we sit on to get the views, I'm assuming the left side? :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Hi, we will be joining all of you on this Alaskan adventure! Our group is currently 5 people with me, DW, DDs (12,9), and G'ma. This will be our 5th DCL cruise and 2nd time on the Wonder. Just did 7 nights on the Wonder last month and had a great time.

We've done several Alaska cruises, but this will be our first on DCL. Really excited to be going back to Hubbard. It's the single most spectacular thing I have seen in Alaska! Never been to Icy Straight so looking forward to crossing that off the list. Sitka is a nice stop, we tendered right into town last time we were there, but I believe they now have a dock located a ways out of town.

We live in Seattle so Vancouver is an easy drive for us. Probably take advantage of the Monday departure and head up a few days early to extend the trip.

:welcome:You will love Alaska with DCL. Regarding Sitka, yes the dock is a ways away from the main part of town, but its a beautiful location and DCL provides transportation from the dock to town and it was very quick and easy to get around. Happy planning!

Thanks for confirming the dock and transportation in Sitka. We haven't been there since 07 so it has definitely changed since then. Tendering right into town was a lot of fun and really convenient, but I am sure docking and busing people in is a lot easier for all involved.

We are in. Also did the 9 night last year and returning this time with Grandma in tow. Me, DS17 and Grammy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter