Disney Withdrawal..Who else experiences this?

I have my daily fix of Disboards to chat with like-minded people, to offer advice and pick up good tips, and show me I'm not the only one totally obsessed with our Disney vacations.

We will be over a year between trips this time around. But we have a trip planned for Dec 2018. I love WDW at Christmas! But the anticipation of it is just about killing me! :) I read the Disboards and other peoples trip reports (live vicariously through them!). Helps keep my finger on the pulse of what is going on there until I can return again.

I suffer tremendously from "Disney Withdrawal," so much so, that I am booking our next holiday tomorrow!:ccat:
My daughter and I (last) went in September 2016; going back November 2017!!
I also go shopping in the States at the Disney store, as well as online...:earboy2:

Man am I glad I found this site!!!!! I thought I was the lone stranger feeling this sad. Misery does love company. We were at WDW at the end of last month, & I've been in a funk ever since we left. What's worse is it will probably be 2020 before we go back (waiting for Star Wars/Toy Story land & Pandora to open) . I've been spending way too much time watching WDW walkthroughs & WDW related videos. So does anyone else save their magic bands, park brochures, Disney correspondence etc from their trip like a little shrine?

We also just left WDW last month and like you wont be going back until 2020 most likely, would like to go as soon as Star Wars land opens at Disneyland though.
We keep everything! Cant throw anything Disney away. Everything is a momento from a Disney trip.

This is my first post and I'm SO glad I found others who share the same Disney addiction I have! We just got married in Disney World last month and this trip was the hardest to say goodbye to. It was also our first time staying at Poly and it definitely hurt walking onto the Magical Express to go back to the airport. We've already started planning the next trip!

:welcome: fellow Disney addict.
We just got married during our WDW trip Dec 12th to Jan 25th so I understand your pain.

Well, this year seems to be flying by so I'm hoping fall 2018 will be here before I know it!

My withdrawal is the most pathetic on the boards. We live 30 minutes from WDW and feel sad every time we have to leave. Taking the family tomorrow for our fix!!

I usually try to plan our trip for sometime in November so when I get home and am having Disney Withdrawal, I remember Christmas is coming and get excited to plan for that! When Christmas is over though, than I have the Disney and Christmas Blues.:sad1:

Disney withdrawal has been crippling me for almost seven years for financial reasons. After our last trip in 2010 we knew we'd have to skip 2011 but had faith things would improve by 2012. They didn't. I've been saving pennies and planning for *next* year ever since, but there's been no financial fairy dust. This year there might be a light at the end of the tunnel as a long-term investment could potentially pay off soon. So here I go planning again and crossing my fingers there won't be more disappointment. The saddest part is that while I've been waiting my kiddies have grown up. I know we'll all still have fun together but the magic of touring with kids is over for us. I guess my point is that, like others have said, it's planning the next trip that gets me through the withdrawal. It's been so all-consuming that I'm afraid I'm going to have an embarrassing meltdown when I finally set foot on Disney property again.

The night I return home from WDW and I'm in my own bed, I *always* lie there and think, 'did that just happen?' It's like when we're there time goes at pretty much a normal rate and we get lots of stuff done and have great long days, but when I get home I just think the vacation flew by and I'm back in Ordinary Land.

I fixed my Disney withdrawal this time by suddenly booking a return visit that's just exactly 4 weeks after I got back home from my last trip. I leave in 2 days!

Our family has total Disney withdrawals starting around 9 months from our last visit. We work hard to try to "appease" the growing beast, until we simply cannot take it anymore and book a trip..lol Leave in 15 days..so excited!

We went to Disney for the first time last fall. I've never felt depression after a vacation like I did after leaving WDW. I've watched tons of YouTube videos, looked at my pictures over and over. Another thing I've done I thought was fun was to check out biography books from the library on Walt Disney. It's neat to read about how it all began.
I've also been thinking of getting the official album on ITunes. Does anyone know if 2013 is the most recent edition?
Hoping to go back next year. Saving my pennies!!

I went twice as a kid and now I am taking my 5 year old in May. I'm planning like crazy and trying to remember to enjoy the process also. I learned 80 days isn't quite enough for planning reservations so I look forward to obsessing for 6 months next time around! This trip is her first and it's going to be a total surprise. Can't wait!!!

This is part of why I purchased DVC, every time I left I would wonder when I would get to go back. Now I know I will get to go back at least once a year. I always have at least 2 trips in the works, right now I have a WDW and DL trip planned. Once the WDW trip is over I'll start planning the next WDW trip even if it's a year away.

The night I return home from WDW and I'm in my own bed, I *always* lie there and think, 'did that just happen?' It's like when we're there time goes at pretty much a normal rate and we get lots of stuff done and have great long days, but when I get home I just think the vacation flew by and I'm back in Ordinary Land.

This^^^^ I have this same experience!!

I'm having some major Disney withdrawal. We were there twice last year - April and Dec. We have a trip to Florida next month and we aren't going to Disney. I just feel weird being in the state and not going. I'm really having a hard time with that. Then to add to my sadness, my neighbors are heading to WDW tomorrow and I am insanely jealous. So, our plan is Disneyland in April 2018 and I'm excited for that, but it feels so dang far away right now.

My wife and I have serious Disney withdrawals. There was time when we went 120+ times in two years, to the land, but have since moved away. Now, we make it a point to visit Disneyland whenever we are in town. We are in concert to even go just to walk down Main St if we don't have time for anything else. The way we settle our withdrawals is with YouTube and all the movies we can get. But nothing can fully ever get us out of the slump.

It finally got the best of me!! I could not handle the withdraw symptoms any longer!! I was trying to hold off until our Dec 2017 trip, but I just can't do it! I was able to convince DH to take a short trip with me, so we're headed to WDW in May. Yay!!!

It really is amazing how much I miss that place. :jumping1:

every time I left I would wonder when I would get to go back.

This is our same thought and the reason that we go to MK the last evening of each trip, and take the Ferryboat so we can watch the castle fade away into the distance and wonder when we will be able to get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter