Disney wedding add-on

Lurieh

Earning My Ears
Hey everybody,

This is my first post here, so be gentle. My fiancee and I are planning an extended honeymoon at DW next year. We had previously nixed the intimate wedding idea since the costs were too high for just the two of us(elopement city, baby!), and we decided to honeymoon instead. I've read some information regarding wedding add-ons from folks on this forum, and it's renewed my interest. I'd love some more details regarding adding a wedding to our honeymoon(wait...does that make sense?).

Is the add-on option currently available? What exactly is included? I'm guessing it offers the same amenities as the intimate wedding without the room night and park ticket costs, but I haven't seen anything specific.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lurieh

Lurieh - Welcome to the DIS!

Two months ago, I spoke to Disney about a vow renewal I hope to plan for January 2004. I was told the price for the Deluxe Intimate Vow Renewal Package is $3,367 for this year (2002). When I said that I wouldn't need a room or tickets, I was told that I could do an add-on package. The add-on package is everything without the room and tickets and costs $2,100 (again for this year only).

I'm not sure how the prices for a wedding compare to a vow renewal. Try the Disney web site Disneyweddings:http://disney.go.com/vacations/disneyweddings/index1.html

Good luck.

I just spoke with someone from Disney Weddings yesterday. I told her we were DVC owners and already have tickets from our last trip, so we didn't need lodging or tickets. She told me it's $2100 for any of the location weddings (Poly, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, or Beach Club) and $2960 for a Pavillion wedding.

Ceremonies at one of the four locations can only take place during daylight hours, because these locations are not lit, but you can do them any day of the week.

Pavillion weddings, I believe she said are limited Monday to Thursday.

Good luck and Best wishes!!!!!!!

It includes everything that the Intimate wedding package includes with the exception of lodging and tickets. The list includes

*wedding coordinator

*your choice of fresh flower bouquet and boutonniere

*An officiant to perform the ceremony

*One solo musician for ceremony and cake cutting

*Two tier wedding cake with keepsake topper and a bottle of Fairy Tale Cuvee

*Special romance totebag and wedding keepsake

*Special Wedding Certificate signed by Mickey and Minnie Mouse

it may also include 4 hours of limousine service, I told her I didn't need that, but not sure if she included it or not.

AND, I'm going to have to check on this...I THOUGHT it included dinner for two anywhere except for Victoria and Alberts, but I can't seem to find that on their website, so I'm going to have to check that out.

Oh, and you can invite up to 8 guests at an additional $75 each.

Thanks for the great replies! It looks like a big thumbs up for a Disney wedding. One more thing I found out: In order to get your wedding add-on, you have to already have reservations at a resort. It's a small technicality, but it means you'll have to make a room reservation(and put money down) a year in advace of your planned wedding day.

Thanks again!

Lurieh

I'm pretty sure that the Intimate package has been changed (w/ in the past 3-6 months) to no longer include the dinner vouchers, which is probably why the Add on package doesn't have them.

HTH,
Lori

I forgot something.

I was told that the prices for 2003 would be available this month. Also, Disney might change what is included in the packages based on the feedback they have received.

Here's another question I came up with. I know that the Disney wedding packages are in a constant state of flux. An option/package/amenity that is here today, could be gone tomorrow(so to speak). Has the Intimate wedding add-on "option" been around for a while? I'm trying to get an idea of the odds that the add-on option will be available to us for a Dec. 2003 wedding date.

Thanks in advance!

Lurieh

Hi! Yes, the add-on package has been available at least throughout all of 2002. And the dinner vouchers weren't part of the intimate wedding package for all of 2002, so that's why they're not availble for the add-on package; they're not available to the regular intimate wedding package either.
Cheers!
Heather P

Originally posted by Lurieh
Here's another question I came up with. I know that the Disney wedding packages are in a constant state of flux. An option/package/amenity that is here today, could be gone tomorrow(so to speak). Has the Intimate wedding add-on "option" been around for a while? I'm trying to get an idea of the odds that the add-on option will be available to us for a Dec. 2003 wedding date.

Thanks in advance!

Lurieh

Actually, Disney's FairyTale Wedding packages aren't in a constant state of flux. They are re-worked every July. So when the new pricing/packages come out this month, they should be good for all of next (calendar) year.
Hope this helps,
Andrew

Lurieh I called and spoke to someone from Disney Weddings this afternoon, primarily to ask about the dinner vouchers. First, she said they have taken them out of the packages, and there were a couple of other things that had changed as well. (you don't have to pay $75 per guest up to eight, because there aren't any dinner vouchers anymore and you can have more than 8 guests, but you have to pay an additional $500 for an additional wedding coordinator-not sure how many more guests you get for that $500)

Anyway, here's the part I think may be of interest to you. She said since their wedding business has been impacted by current events (I took that to mean 9/11) they are trying different things with their packages. They are also trying to accomodate those with between 8 and 30 guests which has been a big void for them in the past. So will there be an add on in 12/03? My guess would be yes. What will include? That could be anybody's guess. It will probably depend on how their business does this year. Hope that helps you out.

Hi! The intimate add-on would probably still be for 13 or fewer guests, as it currently is (extra 5 guests for extra $500). The new package would be a middle package that they've been thinking about developing. In the past, FTW had a "destination wedding" package for up to 20 guests for $5,000, and this year they had a middle package with a $5000 min at the Disney Institute for a while, before they removed this package entirely. They've been talking about adding this new middle package for a while, so I think the sooner they do it the better, even though it will definitely be too late for us!
Cheers!
Heather P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter