• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa

holly dolly

<font color=9999CC>Is not sure what Holly might do
I may be wrong but I thought that if you paid for things at Disney (reservations, etc.) with your American Express card - I thinks it was AMEX- that you would get certain rewards. Is the new Disney Visa taking over the AMEX rewards or will they be using both cards?
:earsgirl:

well...amex does have it's own rewards program and it is accpeted at Disney....until the Disney Visa was launched Amex was the 'official credit card' of disney. That ended once Disney rolled out their own card. In the past if you used your Amex to pay for your Disney vacation you could take part in the "white glove" program, get some pins etc. just for using Amex.

Now the Disney Visa is the official card....the only 'rewards' is the approx. 1% you get credited (in you have and use their card) which can be used at TDS and Disney properties.

Hope this helps!

Goofyposter is right, AMEX used to be the 'official card' of WDW, but that ended in March when Bank One introduced the Disney Visa. There are no more Disney awards available when you redeem your AMEX Membership Rewards points, and there are no perks when you pay with your AMEX card (White Glove Treatment). However, the same is true with the Visa card; aside from a 0% interest rate for 6 months on any Disney package charged to your Disney Visa, there are no perks to booking/paying with your Visa.

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter