Disney Visa - 5% Rewards at "most" Disney Locations...

Yes, it does. I have a few CCs to try to get the best rewards. Can I ask what CC was giving. you 10% on groceries? The best I have for that is 2% with some bonus for 5%. I actually never thought of adding gift cards to my grocery store purchase. Very smart!
We try to do 3-4 weeks a year and we are DVC so any MF's I can pay with a 10% discounted gift card is a huge deal as well. A lot of people buy a card every week with groceries and stash it for vacation. If you have Chase cards, right now there are Rite Aid and CVS cash back deals (3% and 5% with limits). IMO any discount is a good discount!

We try to do 3-4 weeks a year and we are DVC so any MF's I can pay with a 10% discounted gift card is a huge deal as well. A lot of people buy a card every week with groceries and stash it for vacation. If you have Chase cards, right now there are Rite Aid and CVS cash back deals (3% and 5% with limits). IMO any discount is a good discount!
Okay, yes. we have a couple of chase cards. Sears for the 10%. That is great. All Sears stores around me have closed. I will check those Chase deals and stay on top of it!

Okay, yes. we have a couple of chase cards. Sears for the 10%. That is great. All Sears stores around me have closed. I will check those Chase deals and stay on top of it!
We get a written offer for 10% which has a code that needs to be applied to get the discount for supermarkets, restaurants and gas stations. Usually minimum spend is $1000 month for three months and up to $1500 which is getting easier to do these days...sigh. Have you received that offer? Sometimes it comes in the mail and/or online. DH gets them too!

Credit card statement has not closed yet, but took the time to click into each transaction on the card:
  1. no extra bonus for anything mobile ordered
  2. 5% bonus for purchases at World of Disney. plus 10% discount at time of purchase, over $50 spent
  3. 5% on what I put on my MB- mostly a few things at resort food court and refillable mugs
  4. 5% bonus for Genie+
  5. 5% bonus for ILLs

Last edited:

We get a written offer for 10% which has a code that needs to be applied to get the discount for supermarkets, restaurants and gas stations. Usually minimum spend is $1000 month for three months and up to $1500 which is getting easier to do these days...sigh. Have you received that offer? Sometimes it comes in the mail and/or online. DH gets them too!
No, I have not got an offer like that, but I hope now that I just heard about it, I will. Funny how things like that happen!

I would honestly call someone and ask. Maybe at Chase and/or DLP. Because if not, you might only get 1% back. And I am guessing you likely have another card that would offer better rewards on that spending than 1%, if for some reason it does not qualify as 5%.

If your purchase is directly through Disney. I think it is highly likely it would apply. (A recent DCL Deposit, paid through a travel agent qualified for 5% back for us as well). But for a purchase that is (i am assuming) that large, I would call to confirm first.

I would just pay off a ridiculously small amount, and once it posts to your account in a couple days you will have the true answer. I feel like nobody you call would actually know the real answer and you'd possibly end up losing out on rewards.

Are you paying the US site for this or will it have a foreign transaction? I can't remember, since I have others cards with free ft but I don't think the disney cards have free ft. Something to keep in mind. I know it's not uncommon to book DLP on different countries sites to get a better deal.
Reporting back on coding for Disneyland Paris vacation packages- I did what Sleepy425 suggested, and YES, it does code as 5% back! This is for the US site, paid in dollars, no foreign exchange fees, etc. I’m going to max out this offer!

I have the two Chase Disney Visa cards. One is the no yearly fee - get 1%

The Premier card I get 2% back on Disney related items, restaurants, groceries and gas

Since I hardly ever use my card with no fee, I will get offers here and there to use the card. Most recently 5% back on Disney related purchases, restaurants, groceries and Amazon. I thought "great" I have a Disney trip coming up and we had two big dinners coming up at home. I used this card for almost everything and had to remember to use it. I actually forgot a few times when it started.

After our Disney trip and a ton more restaurant charges at Vero (offsite restaurants), I check my bill and see I did not get the 5% rewards on all the qualifying purchases. The Chase rep was very nice going over my purchases until we both realized there was a total spending cap of $1,500 - which I met before I even left for Disney. I thought the $1,500 was the "Rewards" cap.........so I ended up losing. I lost out and did not get get 2% on many charges including my Disney charges. Boy was I annoyed......live and learn.

The discount they give at the restaurants using your Disney Visa card is a whole separate offer. Usually the AP, DVC and Disney Visa is the same offer 10% off at restaurants and 10% off at the Disney shops if you spend $50?

I need to remember to read and remember the fine print next time.

Credit card statement has not closed yet, but took the time to click into each transaction on the card:
  1. no extra bonus for anything mobile ordered
  2. 5% bonus for purchases at World of Disney plus 10% discount at time of purchase, over $50 spend.
  3. 5% on what I put on my MB- mostly a few things at resort food court and refillable mugs
  4. 5% bonus for Genie+
  5. 5% bonus for ILLs
I went through my rewards details and this is what I earned using the DVisa when we were at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter