Disney Visa 0% Vacation offer??

SpoonfulofSugar

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used a Disney Visa card to book a Disney World Package and used the 0% finance charge for 6 months offer????

The offer on all my paperwork and their website says you can book the package yourself or through a travel agent. Well we used a travel agent that deals directly with The Walt Disney World Travel Company and the credit card company is refusing to give me the 0% for six months because I used a travel agent???
This made me soooo mad because I have several paper offers from them that says you can book through a travel agent?

Please-- has anyone gotten the 0% or am I miss understanding something about the offer?

Thanks

"Get 0% APR for 6 months on certain U.S. Theme Park ticket–inclusive Disney vacation packages when booked by you or your Travel Agent through the Walt Disney Travel Company and charged to your Disney’s Visa® Card prior to arrival. Other restrictions apply. For complete details be sure to refer to your Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM Guide."

This is what is on the web site, however it is listed under a package for Disneyland (I don't see any current offers listed for WDW on the website).... Maybe there is a code the travel agent is suppose to enter when making the purchase? (the instructions seem vague, don't they? ...)

-DC :earsboy:

That's weird! Are you getting a room only? Or the complete package?

I know I'm going through Your Magical Journeys and on the room only reservations I did NOT get the 0% for 6 months, then changed over to a package and my deposit went into the special promotion part for 0% for 6 months.

I just made a payment with our tax return and the line was listed as 0% for 6-months (but said $0 since the payment had posted before I authorized the charge to go on it! LOL!).

So, I'm using a travel agent and am getting the 0% each time since it is a package deal (we are doing the Premium, I don't know if it has to be the dining or Premium or if a basic package counts too)...and this is Disney World. :confused3

I'm waiting to charge the balance now until it's due so that I get a longer 6 month window. Hope it works for us (it has been so far).

I booked a package through a AAA travel agent and put it on my Disney Visa. When I got my statement, the transaction for the package was separate and listed under "qualified promotional transaction" with a 0% until expiration. The package was booked through Walt Disney World Travel Co.
Is it possible that your travel agent booked through another company? That is the only thing I can think of? What does it say on your statement?

Angel717 said:
I booked a package through a AAA travel agent and put it on my Disney Visa. When I got my statement, the transaction for the package was separate and listed under "qualified promotional transaction" with a 0% until expiration. The package was booked through Walt Disney World Travel Co.
Is it possible that your travel agent booked through another company? That is the only thing I can think of? What does it say on your statement?

I also booked thru AAA and my deposit was listed under the 6 months 0% interest. I do know that it has to be a package (room + tickets or room + tickets + dining)

The problem is our credit card bill doesn't say WDW Tavel Company, it has the charge billed to the travel agency. The package is room, tickets, and dining, so I figure it qualifies. The travel agent says they book the package through Disney, but they charge our credit card and then pay Disney by check. All of the literature I have from BankOne/Chase says the package must be booked through the WDW Travel Co. (which it was) by either you or your travel agent. When I called BankOne/Chase on it, they wouldn't even acknowledge that the cardmember agreement, the website, and the Disney Rewards magazine all say it can be booked through a travel agent. They told me that was not what it meant :confused3 I was told I had to book it myself through Disney and that was all. But if you guys used AAA, then you can do it through a travel agent ..... I guess my problem is the charge showed up for the travel agent and not Disney .... although I don't think that should matter. It doesn't say it has to be billed through WDW Travel Co, only that it has to be booked through it ... sorry for rambling, and thanks for your help :mickeybar

Our paperwork states "Pay no interest for 6 months when you or your travel agent book a Disney U.S. Theme Park vacation package through the Walt Disney Travel Company or a Disney Cruise Line vacation and charge it to your Disney's Visa Card prior to your arrival. When booking, be sure to ask for a Walt Disney Travel Company package to qualify for this offer.". ~:)~

I would not deal with a TA that charged my card themselves. I would demand the protection of the card being charged by the travel vendor directly. That is somethings I always ask about prior to booking with an agency.

SpoonfulofSugar said:
The problem is our credit card bill doesn't say WDW Tavel Company, it has the charge billed to the travel agency. The package is room, tickets, and dining, so I figure it qualifies. The travel agent says they book the package through Disney, but they charge our credit card and then pay Disney by check. All of the literature I have from BankOne/Chase says the package must be booked through the WDW Travel Co. (which it was) by either you or your travel agent. When I called BankOne/Chase on it, they wouldn't even acknowledge that the cardmember agreement, the website, and the Disney Rewards magazine all say it can be booked through a travel agent. They told me that was not what it meant :confused3 I was told I had to book it myself through Disney and that was all. But if you guys used AAA, then you can do it through a travel agent ..... I guess my problem is the charge showed up for the travel agent and not Disney .... although I don't think that should matter. It doesn't say it has to be billed through WDW Travel Co, only that it has to be booked through it ... sorry for rambling, and thanks for your help :mickeybar

I think it is kind of odd that the agency takes the payment and not process it thru Disney. Why would they want to pay the credit providers' fee instead of Disney paying it :confused3 I can understand why Bank One/Chase wouldn't give you the 0% on a transaction listed as a charge to the travel agency. They wouldn't have specifics on the trip being booked. By the charge being processed thru WDW Travel Co., they know that it is a transaction eligble for the special financing. It stinks for you but it does make sense.

SpoonfulofSugar,
Technical Question for you: Would you be able to cancel the package and rebook it or would there be a penalty involved?

-DC :earsboy:

I guess I can understand them not knowing the specifics of the package if it is booked through a different travel agent, but if the package is booked through WDW Travel by the travel agent, they should be able to get the information from WDW Travel the same way they do when it is booked directly by me through WDW Travel. I called before I booked the trip and asked BankOne what I had to do to qualify, and she told me it just had to be a ticket inclusive package, and that it could be booked by a travel agent. The only reason I was pushing them on it was that it does not say it has to billed from WDW Travel, only that it has to be a ticket inclusive package longer than 3 nights. The explanation give to me by two customer service supervisors that it has say WDW Travel Company is wrong according to how the benefit is written. I quoted them the exact wording of the benefit from their website:

Pay no interest for 6 months on cruise packages or ticket-inclusive Disney vacation packages when you or your travel agent book through the Walt Disney Travel Company or Disney Cruise Line
® and charge the package to your card prior to arrival.

I said it can be booked through a travel agent, and they said that's not what it means. How am I supposed know that's not what it means, especially when I called before I charged it.
I guess the travel agent charges the card directly because they are part of a large department store chain (Boscov's) in Northeast USA, so I guess the fee for processing doesn't really matter. They are also an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
I can't cancel and rebook without penalty, and I am happy using the agent because they use a charter flight which is direct to Orlando, no changing planes or layovers (which is normally impossible to do from where I live without driving 2 hours to a larger airport).
I just don't feel the benefit is written the way they are applying it, and there is no explanation given, just this is what it means and that's it.
They also told me I already called about it twice and it was marked on my record so don't call about it again. How's that for service? :earboy2: The only reason I called was because I found other printed information that stated the same thing.
I guess my only recourse is to pay the bill.
Oh well, thanks for your help, I guess I'll just have to make sure it's booked through WDW Travel. But I'm thinking of doing DVC so maybe I won't need packages anymore. :mickeybar

Have you paid your final balance yet? If not, ask your agent if it would be possible to pay the final balance by having WDWTC charge your card.

I pulled out the "Special Travel Agent Reference Guide" about the Disney visa card and on that info it does state that the package must be booked "directly with the WDWTC."

<<< I pulled out the "Special Travel Agent Reference Guide" about the Disney visa card and on that info it does state that the package must be booked "directly with the WDWTC." >>>

What is that? I looked through all of the documents that came with the card and didn't see anything like that. At least that would be a valid excuse, if the customer service supervisors quoted me that, it would be point, set, match. Instead all they said was what I was quoting didn't mean what it stated.
I was not trying to get something I didn't deserve, as I previously stated, I was booking through the travel agent to get the better flight, and I wasn't expecting to get the 0%, but when I found out about it, they wouldn't give me a reason why I couldn't according to their stated rules in the benefit guide.
But even if it states it must be booked "directly with the WDWTC." and it states it can be booked by you or your travel agent, then my travel agent is booking it directly with WDWTC. It seems both stipulations are being met.
I have never heard of nor was told about this "Special Travel Agent Reference Guide" It would seem to be an easy way to answer my question instead of treating me like an idiot who didn't understand what was written.
Thanks for that, now I will be looking for it .... I would call the credit card company about it but they told me not to call them anymore about it, maybe they'll blacklist me from credit LOL Can you ever imagine that? :mickeybar

SpoonfulofSugar said:
The problem is our credit card bill doesn't say WDW Tavel Company, it has the charge billed to the travel agency. The package is room, tickets, and dining, so I figure it qualifies. The travel agent says they book the package through Disney, but they charge our credit card and then pay Disney by check.

This is an EXTREMELY fishy way for a TA to do business. I would not do business with a TA that handles payment this way. The standard method is for the TA to get your credit card number and call it in to WDTC, so that your payment is processed by Disney.

My strong suspicion is that the TA is "floating" your money... they deposit your payment into their own bank account, earn interest on it, and then finally (probably months later) pay Disney... IF they pay Disney. This system leaves you wide open to theft by the TA. What if they go out of business or declare bankruptcy before your trip happens? You'd have to go after the TA for your money... whereas you can feel pretty darn confident that Disney isn't going anywhere.

In any case, this is why you are not getting the 0% interest. Disney's Visa is only going to offer the 0% if your payment was processed by Disney. I'll bet Disney hasn't even seen the money for your vacation yet.

In short, this TA is BAD NEWS. If you can cancel and rebook with a more legitimate agency, I would highly recommend it.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

The travel agency is totally legitimate. They have over 25 locations and have been in business for years. We have used them many times before, we just didn't have the Disney Visa the other times. They are an authorized Disney Vacation Planner and I have the paperwork from the WDWTC confirming everything. The travel agency is part of a department store chain that has been in buisness forever in the Northeast (NY,PA,DE,MD). I have also booked trips with another large travel agency (Liberty) with many locations and they also charge it to Liberty Travel not WDWTC. Maybe the large travel companies operate like this, although AAA is huge and they seem to charge it the right way. My problem isn't with my travel agent or WDWTC.
It is with BankOne/Chase. They are the ones who are not honoring what they have written in their benefit details. I just don't want to go off topic on this, I don't think the problem is with the travel agent or WDWTC.

<<< I pulled out the "Special Travel Agent Reference Guide" about the Disney visa card and on that info it does state that the package must be booked "directly with the WDWTC." >>>

What is that?

It is just the informational brochure Disney gives to travel agents as a guide for using the Disney Visa. It has info on the 0% offer so that you don't misinform clients of what is eligible (ie telling them they can get it for a room only booking) as well as what to do if your client wants to use their reward dollars as all or part of their downpayment. It wouldn't be something that came with your card.

I can fax you a copy of it if you'd like

I agree with Mary at Mousesavers, I think the problem was caused by the Travel Agent, not Disney or BankOne/Chase. It wasn't because you used a travel agent, it was because the travel agent didn't handle it properly (booking it through WDTC who would have charged it to your VISA). Had they done it correctly, you wouldn't be having these problems. You say you've called the bank twice, but have you expressed your concerns to the travel agent? Perhaps they can rebook it properly at no expense to you since it was their mistake. ~:)~

I decided to call the Disney rewards number at BankOne/Chase, it is a different department from credit card customer service. I talked to a very nice associate who agreed with me that I should have been given a reason other than "that's not what it means" and told me to fax him copies of the items I have with the wording of the benefit I was telling them about. My point always has been that BankOne/Chase has never given me the specific reason why I couldn't use the 0%. I have decided to just pay off the balance and not worry about it anymore, although the associate said he was going to forward my claim. He also credited me $10 Disney Reward for my troubles :earboy2: The two supervisors I talked to at the credit card customer service were just rude, as I said, they even told me not to call anymore because my account was marked and I had already been given an answer twice (which was not true because I don't consider "that's not what it means" an answer. When I asked what it did mean, they had no answer.
Anyway, I guess the moral of the story is make sure you or your travel agent make sure the charge is to the WDW Travel Company, then there shouldn't be any trouble. I know I will now. :teacher:
Thanks for listening :mickeybar

When we went on our cruise we also used a travel agent, we were not able to get the 100.00 visa credit to our room charge due to the travel agents special pricing with WDWTC. The Travel agent is responsible for using special codes to get you the 0% financing...My guess is this travel agent's cost for the package was less than what was allowed to get the 0%, that is why they pay WDWTC and then you pay them. You probably need to take this up with the travel agent and not Bank One.

Denise

To the OP - chances are the reason you did not get the 0% is because your travel agent re-books WDTC packages. They don't book directly through WDTC for you. They probably purchase a block of packages that they then re-sell. So, the package was not actually booked directly through WDTC, as it requires in the offer. The Visa folks should have been able to tell you that. Lots of TAs work this way. The package should be paid directly through WDTC, not through the TA. Your TA should have known this was the case (and probably did, but just didn't want to tell you and lose your booking).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter