Disney Villains After Hours

As will I. Hopefully I DONT see you in that line!
Yeah, let's hope they keep the caps around the same level, after all Magic Kingdom DAH events are the only one I haven't seen as selling out recently, so this may just be their way to get enough people to hit the current caps at Magic Kingdom, let's hope that is the case.

I keep going back and forth. There will be 3 of us for June 6th with an AP discount. We’ve done MK and HS AH and hoped we could do one for our mother/daughter June trip. DAH for AK came up on the night we have Storybook ADR at 7:20, so I don’t want to push it. I would hate to spend $300+ and be frustrated with wait times. At the same time, my youngest DD is heading to college in NH (we live in TN), and I know these trips are coming to an end. She has never done an AH event. Part of me wants to say the heck with it and just do it!!

Last edited:
I keep going back and forth. There will be 3 of us for June 6th with an AP discount. We’ve done MK and HS AH and hoped we could do one for our mother/daughter June trip. DAH for AK came up on the night we have Storybook ADR at 7:20, so I don’t want to push it. I would hate to spend $300+ and be frustrated with wait times. At the same time, my youngest DD is heading to college in NH (we live in TN), and I know these trips are coming to an end. She has never done an AH event. Part of me wants to say the heck with it and just do it!!
I would say just go ahead and do it and if it is turns out really crowded (which I doubt), say something politely, but firmly that you expected smaller crowds based on past After Hours events and you wouldn't have paid that kind of money for that large of a crowd.

I would say just go ahead and do it and if it is turns out really crowded (which I doubt), say something politely, but firmly that you expected smaller crowds based on past After Hours events and you wouldn't have paid that kind of money for that large
I think we will just go for it! Surely with it advertised as a DAH event, they would stick to the lower crowds selling point. Otherwise, they need to drop DAH as part of the event’s title.

Last edited:

We are going on June 13th. I can tell you that I will absolutely say something if the crowds are higher than other DAH events. Paying for 5 people isn’t an inexpensive night and I do expect low crowds.

We are going on June 13th. I can tell you that I will absolutely say something if the crowds are higher than other DAH events. Paying for 5 people isn’t an inexpensive night and I do expect low crowds.

I think June 13 might still be safe fo crowd levels. I don't think it will stay that way for long, but it's early enough so that the "Villains" folks won't have bought in yet.

Just out of curiosity, what would an acceptable crowd level be for this event to you? What kind of wait times would be okay?

I think June 13 might still be safe fo crowd levels. I don't think it will stay that way for long, but it's early enough so that the "Villains" folks won't have bought in yet.

Just out of curiosity, what would an acceptable crowd level be for this event to you? What kind of wait times would be okay?

Honestly I’m just looking for the same type of wait times that other guests have experienced during the DAH events.

We are planning on attending the event Aug 8... hopefully by then they will have worked out the kinks and possibly made changes to the character meet and greets.

it's early enough so that the "Villains" folks won't have bought in yet.
Unless they have actual villain M&Gs I don't think as many people will buy into it. Was excited at the first announcement headline and pulling out my datebook/wallet.... then read no M&Gs, wallet closed pretty quick lol

I am going to sign up for the August 1st event and am hoping that less people buy. I was already on board for the after hours events with my two teenagers liking late nights better so I am hoping that they add events in AK. I will admit that being DVC members help and with this being our 15th trip, we are looking for different experiences each time.

The price is off putting. Even at the AP rate, it's hard for me to find value in this event without meet and greets. I'm not someone who snacks in the parks, so free drinks and snacks do not hold value for me either.

With all that said, I'd still expect this event to do very well. I love the idea myself, just not the plan for implementation.
Same here. I was all excited as we will be in the area in June. Was all excited to go until I saw no m&g. I want my photopass picture :)

Passing on this one

The actual MKAH alone is worth it. We have done 3 MK, One AK, One Studios. Honestly, and it pains me to say it because its my favorite park, AK was the disappointing one due to the lack of attractions. However, MK is easily the huge beneficiary, IF..say it again, IF they keep the cap where it is for typical MKAH events. In one night you can ride whatever you want as many times as you want with minimal to zero wait. Last time we rode Space 5 times, BTMRR 5 times, all the headliners, and even did 7DMT which was turned up a bit faster, twice. It is well worth it and as an AP holder we do it every opportunity we can when we are in town and its available.

The actual MKAH alone is worth it. We have done 3 MK, One AK, One Studios. Honestly, and it pains me to say it because its my favorite park, AK was the disappointing one due to the lack of attractions. However, MK is easily the huge beneficiary, IF..say it again, IF they keep the cap where it is for typical MKAH events. In one night you can ride whatever you want as many times as you want with minimal to zero wait. Last time we rode Space 5 times, BTMRR 5 times, all the headliners, and even did 7DMT which was turned up a bit faster, twice. It is well worth it and as an AP holder we do it every opportunity we can when we are in town and its available.
I would be very curious, to know what their cap is for DAH events at each park

No way of knowing, but I'd bet they would be happy to bring it up to Halloween and Christmas party levels.

Then they better drop the price. This is almost double the cost of the early MNSSHP parties.

I’m still guessing the numbers don’t increase that much. The villains fans aren’t real excited about no M&G.

I think by the end of summer there will be select M&Gs for the villians you might be able to meet other ways -- the stepsisters, maybe Cruella or Hook. I don't think they'll be happy with the kind of crowds DAH brings in if they are putting in extras. If the current offering doesn't increase the attendance, they'll dial up the offering until it does.

So if you want M&Gs, I think it would be worthwhile to wait until the end of the summer.

Then they better drop the price. This is almost double the cost of the early MNSSHP parties.

I’m still guessing the numbers don’t increase that much. The villains fans aren’t real excited about no M&G.
You say that now, but in 5 years the price will probably be higher and ticket levels sold will be much higher.
I remember when they first announced Disney After Hours and the reaction to it was a dud because of the high price. I went to one of those first events and there literally felt like nobody was there.

Fast forward a few years they are adding more and more DAH events at 3 of the 4 parks, they are using it replace free Extra Magic Hours, the price has crept back up to $129 per ticket (day of), the amount of people attending has soared, and most importantly they have convinced guests that this is the must do event if you want to get the most out of your vacation. People are genuinely excited to buy another ticket. Disney did an amazing job of marketing these events in a must do.

You say that now, but in 5 years the price will probably be higher and ticket levels sold will be much higher.
I remember when they first announced Disney After Hours and the reaction to it was a dud because of the high price. I went to one of those first events and there literally felt like nobody was there.

Fast forward a few years they are adding more and more DAH events at 3 of the 4 parks, they are using it replace free Extra Magic Hours, the price has crept back up to $129 per ticket (day of), the amount of people attending has soared, and most importantly they have convinced guests that this is the must do event if you want to get the most out of your vacation. People are genuinely excited to buy another ticket. Disney did an amazing job of marketing these events in a must do.

Yes, I’m literally saying it for now (as in for this summer). It better not be party level crowds at that price point.

Knowing Disney, because just like any other company the goal is to maximize the returns until the pain threshold(cost and value) to the consumer reaches a point it begins to decline. They will likely increase the crowd level cap or raise the price more in order to start gauging where that is. I know for us, we stopped going to the Halloween and Christmas parties because the crowd levels have reached a point the value just isnt there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter