Disney Vacation through Costco

meadowlands

Earning My Ears
Hi All, first time poster!

The Wife and kid and I are looking to book a vacation from April 17-22 this year. Was checking out some of the Costco packages and wanted to get some thoughts on the value here. Booking at the Swan and Dolphin gives me all of the following:

Included Extras

• $25 daily credit at Mandara Spa (valid for travel through 5/31/17, book by 3/1/17)
  • Up to two children 9 and younger eat free (valid for travel through 5/31/17, book by 3/1/17)
  • Extra Magic Hours: Each day one of the four Disney theme parks opens one hour early or stays open up to two hours after regular closing for resort guests
  • Upgrade from Traditional Room (reflected in price)
  • Complimentary transportation to the four Walt Disney World® theme parks, Disney's Water Parks and Disney Springs™
Vacation Includes
  • WALT DISNEY WORLD® 5-Day MAGIC YOUR WAY Tickets with PARK HOPPER® Option
  • Five nights in a Swan or Dolphin Resort-View Room
  • Daily resort fee
  • All applicable taxes
For around $3,800 all in, is this a decent deal or am I better booking through somewhere else?

Thanks!

Hi All, first time poster!

The Wife and kid and I are looking to book a vacation from April 17-22 this year. Was checking out some of the Costco packages and wanted to get some thoughts on the value here. Booking at the Swan and Dolphin gives me all of the following:

Included Extras

• $25 daily credit at Mandara Spa (valid for travel through 5/31/17, book by 3/1/17)
  • Up to two children 9 and younger eat free (valid for travel through 5/31/17, book by 3/1/17)
  • Extra Magic Hours: Each day one of the four Disney theme parks opens one hour early or stays open up to two hours after regular closing for resort guests
  • Upgrade from Traditional Room (reflected in price)
  • Complimentary transportation to the four Walt Disney World® theme parks, Disney's Water Parks and Disney Springs™
Vacation Includes
  • WALT DISNEY WORLD® 5-Day MAGIC YOUR WAY Tickets with PARK HOPPER® Option
  • Five nights in a Swan or Dolphin Resort-View Room
  • Daily resort fee
  • All applicable taxes
For around $3,800 all in, is this a decent deal or am I better booking through somewhere else?

Thanks!
1st off....:welcome:to the Disboards.

That's a very busy time of the year and thus will be expensive as well, so discounts aren't usually warranted here.

I'm DVC now so I don't usually look for $$$ trips anymore, but that seems kinda high to me.. I remember the $4000 trips with airfare & Food included & that was for 8 nights ... They're gone now I know.
Not sure where you'd be coming from as well. Meaning Driving or flying, but if flying you won't get Magical express either...Something to consider?:confused3

1st off....:welcome:to the Disboards.

That's a very busy time of the year and thus will be busy as well, so discounts aren't usually warranted here.

I'm DVC now so I don't usaually look for $$$ trips anymore, but that seems kinda high to me..
Not sure where you'd be coming from as well. Meaning Driving or flying, but if flying you won't get Magical express either...Something to consider?:confused3

I am flying out of Newark. I'm not looking for the best deal, but just want to make sure what I am getting is fair for what is being offered. I figured since I am a Costco member I would check there first (Plus 3% back on travel).

Food included would be very nice too. The packages I see through Costco do not include food.

Do you have an account open with Disney site? Not sure if it has changed but, usually when you are on the site (logged in) & kick around differnt travel itineries, it would usually generate some movement on WDW end..Sometimes you'd get either by mail or in their system, pin codes.. Which can be used to discount your trip...

I'd way all options, and try different things to see which works out best for you.

I am flying out of Newark. I'm not looking for the best deal, but just want to make sure what I am getting is fair for what is being offered. I figured since I am a Costco member I would check there first (Plus 3% back on travel)

Disney Card has cash back as well.

I'm definitely sure that's not a Great deal. $3800 + airfare from EWR (I'm sure it's at least another $1,000) & then add on food? For 3....:confused3 I could be wrong but seems high to me.
Remember , you'll have to factor in a cost (Either Taxi/Uber/Rent a car ) to and from WDW as well.

Disney Card has cash back as well.

I'm definitely sure that's not a Great deal. $3800 + airfare from EWR (I'm sure it's at least another $1,000) & then add on food? For 3....:confused3 I could be wrong but seems high to me.
Remember , you'll have to factor in a cost (Either Taxi/Uber/Rent a car ) to and from WDW as well.

The $3800 includes the airfare too. Without, the package is like $2500, airfare adds a ton lol!

If that price includes the airfare, then it's a good deal. If it didn't, then the package would be right around what the rack rate would be for that number of nights at the Swan/Dolphin plus tickets.

The "kids eat free" applies only to the restaurants at the Swan/Dolphin right? It doesn't appear there is a dining plan included so there's no mechanism for making all the child's meals included outside of at the hotel.

As the PP mentioned, the Magical Express isn't available to guests of the Swan/Dolphin so you'll have to factor in transportation from/to MCO.

Do you really need the Park Hopper option on the tickets? I haven't purchased that in a number of trips because we find it's just too much to park hop. Base tickets would be a couple hundred less.

If that price includes the airfare, then it's a good deal. If it didn't, then the package would be right around what the rack rate would be for that number of nights at the Swan/Dolphin plus tickets.

The "kids eat free" applies only to the restaurants at the Swan/Dolphin right? It doesn't appear there is a dining plan included so there's no mechanism for making all the child's meals included outside of at the hotel.

As the PP mentioned, the Magical Express isn't available to guests of the Swan/Dolphin so you'll have to factor in transportation from/to MCO.

Do you really need the Park Hopper option on the tickets? I haven't purchased that in a number of trips because we find it's just too much to park hop. Base tickets would be a couple hundred less.
Hopper is around an extra $220 or so for them....Like you've stated I purchased them in the past And only utilized it 1 time on a week or so long trip.

That I am not sure of. I know it will cost at least $90 for transportation from the airport, so that is at least another $180. The Costco packages all include the park hopper option.

Is the Dolphin and Swan even any good or am I better off staying within the resort?

Costco just books it through United, so you add it when you select the package

I just found some rates for ya.

Out of Newark thru Spirit Air. $265 p/p.. Also got pretty decent times. 10:15 am leaving and 2:35 returning.... so no Getting up super early to catch flight on either end.
That alone will save you$500 on your other deal/plane fare.

Also looked at different hotels to compare with:
Deluxe: Wilderness Lodge- $3359 with the hopper + the tickets I found Around $4100
Mod: POR - $$2699 w/ hopper + airfare$3499
Mod: CBR - $2587 w/hopper(pirate room) + airfare$3387
Value: PoP - $2153 w/ hopper (standard room) + airfare $2953

Like I stated earlier dropping the Hopper will save another $220 & also you'll get Magical express now thus saving more on both ends there too.

Last edited:

Out of Newark thru Spirit Air. $265 p/p.. Also got pretty decent times. 10:15 am leaving and 2:35 returning.... so no Getting up super early to catch flight on either end.

Deluxe: Wilderness Lodge- $3359 with the hopper + the tickets I found Around $4100
Value: PoP - $2153 w/ hopper (standard room) + airfare $2153

Like I stated earlier dropping the Hopper will save another $220 & also you'll get Magical express now thus saving more on both ends there too.
Awesome thanks! Totally forgot about Spirit air..way cheaper than United!

That I am not sure of. I know it will cost at least $90 for transportation from the airport, so that is at least another $180. The Costco packages all include the park hopper option.

Is the Dolphin and Swan even any good or am I better off staying within the resort?
The S&D...Or The Swolphin (lol) is nice....It has some nice amenities, & has a great location to Epcot & HS..It's just not as Disney IMHO. Some particularly like that, I on the other hand don't....It has some nice restaurants there as well. To me it's just wayyy different when you stay at a Value, Mod or deluxe/villa.:confused3

You must be from Rutherford or Carlstadt or such? Maybe WoodRidge? Judging by your Name and you leaving out of Newark..

Either route I'm also Bergen County ...

I personally really like Port Orleans Riverside, and this already would be a cheaper route but would consider just visiting 1 park per day.. That would roughly be around $3279 or so..
Either route you go, have a great time...>Also remember too...The 180 window for dinner reservations has come & gone, so you might have some limitations on where you'd typically want to eat at.

You must be from Rutherford or Carlstadt or such? Maybe WoodRidge? Judging by your Name and you leaving out of Newark..

Either route I'm also Bergen County ...
Aberdeen/Matawan here. I used to go to the race track hence the name :D

I personally really like Port Orleans Riverside, and this already would be a cheaper route but would consider just visiting 1 park per day.. That would roughly be around $3279 or so..
Either route you go, have a great time...>Also remember too...The 180 window for dinner reservations has come & gone, so you might have some limitations on where you'd typically want to eat at.
Yeah I was looking at that one because I think the wife might enjoy it as well. Are the pools nice there for the kid?

Value: PoP - $2153 w/ hopper (standard room) + airfare $2153

Do you use the Disney site to find all the rates or are there better sites?

Yeah I was looking at that one because I think the wife might enjoy it as well. Are the pools nice there for the kid?

The Main/feature pool is very nice, and the quiet pools are all nice as well. The main slide is fun & the theming here is really cool.

Do you use the Disney site to find all the rates or are there better sites?

I basically just went onto the Disney site. They have a few different deals going on right now..Give it a look.https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resort-add-ons/tickets/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter