Disney Transportation - What went wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Muziqal
I agree with Steve! Those are the kind of guests that really piss Cast Members off as well. The ones who stick their nose in everyone else's vacation, the ones who complain about the Brazilian tour groups, the ones who criticize other familes for the way they tour the happiest place on earth and the ones who judge other people.

Not every guest has as much $ as the family staying at the GF, not every family has the leisure of taking a 3 week holiday, not every family gets to go to WDW every year...

So a question from the family who wants to park at the Boardwalk for the day shouldn't be followed by an air of condescension. God, there are way worse things that happen in Disney World...and if you're that concerned with all of the issues, go get a job with WDW security, patrol the parking lots of resorts and mark every guest you think might be really parking there to avoid paying $8. Or man the drink station in the resorts and look for second hand mugs. And after you're done your shift, collect your pay cheque averaging $8/hr and go home and flame families on this board who are planning their vacation techniques. Then when you've completely illiminated the vactioning family's ambition to save a few bucks on an outrageously expensive trip to begin with, maybe you can start focusing on the other risks that plague WDW (ie; merchandise theft, ticketing schemes, lost kids, etc.).

Who are you to judge?...go pay your $8 to park and mind your own business.

I really like these boards (from a curiosity standpoint and from a former cast member love for the place). They've helped me plan my trip next week and given me good insight I couldn't see even after living there for a year. It's ridiculous, but there are always the message board geeks who have to rain on everyone's parade no matter which message board you're on, aren't there?

My last boss had a good philosophy for in the office - worry about your own work and forget about what everyone else is doing if it bothers you. If it bothers me (let's say 'me' is Disney in this scenario), then I'll deal with it.

And so the attacks and debate begins :rolleyes: IMHO, I totally disagree with most of your post.

We all judge each other every day of our lives in so many ways...aren't you judging the posters who have replied to the original question with your opinion on how they answered that question?

And WDW being expensive is NO excuse for finding ways of cheating the system.:rolleyes:

Here we go...

No one said it's an inaliable right...and putting words into someones mouth isn't really a valid way to debate. Go to WDW with however much $ you have and in any way you want to. From my experience working there, it was the family who saved up for years to get there that enjoyed their experience more. If they had to park at a resort to do it and didn't get caught, then so be it. People break the rules all of the time, everywhere...again, go sign up to be a regulator if you feel strongly about enforcing rules.

NO, stealing and skirting suggestive signs are 2 different things. It's the vigilantism of trying to regulate the system from this board that bothers me about posters like you. Go switch the tags on a Louis Vuitton bag and I'll tell security and you'll get arrested for theft...you violated the criminal code. Unfortunately, parking at the BW is not violating Reedy Creek Statutes punishable by arrest and conviction. A person did it, they mention it on this board and people like you take it upon yourself to become WDW police. Ethics are one thing...imposing regulation to ensure a certain ethical code is followed is a something completely different. If Disney wants to impose consequences for infractions to their parking suggestions, let them. But until they do, why should posters on the Dis feel the need to belittle individuals who decide to ignore suggestion. Again, go sit on the board of WDW security and create policy...much like cops do about tag switching in department stores. The fact is, 1 policy exists and the other does not.

and, thank you, I'm well aware of honor codes. The subway in my city has ticket validators and in other cities you have to pay the fare at the turnstile; 2 different philosophies. Good on Disney for showing trust with their parking lot policies.

If you want to debate expense and elitist vacationing we can do that to...a bit irrelevant and more for something like those fun resort mug posts. We can gather stats from certain income demographics and compare what type of WDW vacations they have, but honestly...debating on the Dis 6 days before I go back with all of the ones on here who play WDW police isn't exactly how I'd like to spend my time.

Judge people if you want to, switch tags if you want to, buy a resort mug on ebay, park at a resort...what do I care? What do you? In the end, we've tried to develop a society that breeds a better humanity and violators of the code will face consequences. Build a place like WDW so we can forget the unfortunates of daily life and then complain about how others 'cheat' the system. There are rules, there are rule followers and rule breakers. Some of us have a passion to enforce those rules and there are the ones who live the life of cops and philosophers vicariously through their nickname on internet message boards. Again, let Disney deal with their problems and go plan your next vacation.

To get back to the original question--mmeb144 was right. The bus to the boardwalk is at the mk. The best option from the TTC would have been to walk next door to the poly and take a bus to Downtown Disney and change to boardwalk there. Busses go to Downtown Disney/pleasure island from any disney resort until 145am, and the last bus back to the resorts is 2am.

Originally posted by Muziqal
Quote:

I stayed at BWV last week and rode round and round in the parking lot about 5:00pm on Friday trying to find a space. There were a bunch of other cars also looking for spots. We finally gave up and used valet. So people who park there against the rules and then go to MGM or Epcot became my problem. I just wish they would create a separate lot or a separate section of the lot for BW resort guests only. Or direct non-WDW resort guests to the unguarded lot across the street.

Reply:

So go put your suggestion in the suggestion box. Disney can only help you if you indicate that you have a problem. In no way am I debating ethics, but I am debating logic. You can't speculate who is parking there against suggestion...and you can't reprimand those who do for taking advantage of an unregulated system; that's security's job, not yours. Suggest your parking lot issues and, for the time being, deal with the fact that anyone is able to park there. What do you suggest as a course of action for regulation...that Disney issue parking tickets? If it were really a problem that Disney saw they had to fix by way of regulation, all they would have to do is set up a gate with a room card reader...you throw your card in the machine and the gate lets you in. Why haven't they done that? It doesn't take a genius to think of solutions to fix a real problem...and it's up to Disney to decide what the 'real' problems with their world are, right?

I have complained to the BWV manager. It was also brought up again at the BWV DVC meeting last December. They are supposed to police the lot better, requiring those without WDW resort parking permits to go across the street to the unguarded lot. They are also supposed to reduce the spaces in the valet lot, making them public parking. I think they don't want to discourage people from visiting the boardwalk restaurants and stores. So if you lie and say you are visiting the boardwalk when you are not, they will probably let you in.

Wow, what a thread. Very interesting indeed.

Ok, Here is a scenrio I hope you can ponder and not fight about.

1) Drive to Disney $20 in Gas
2) Purchase my FL 4 Day Park Hopper (x 2) - $208
3) Arrive 1201hrs hungry with the desire to live my childhood dream and be by the sea. The Boardwalk is shall be? Yes, it should...
4) Take my dear sweety to the Boardwalk, for a stroll by the sea with me. We pull up, and are greeted by the friendly security officer at the boardwalk. I state "Hello, We'd like to dine at one of your fine boardwalk venue's.". They wave me through and park in one of the best places in the world.. Disney that is.
5) We walk from the car to the boardwalk entrance, stroll through the shops, lovely items and begin to map out our next worldly destination.
6) As our hunger brews, I begin to crave so greatly something you can only find... in one place, so close but so far away... a Turkey leg from Frontier Land... yes, that is what will be on the consumption menu, as the line at Club ESPN is out the door.
7) So we walk to the MGM Studios, ride the Tower of Terror and RR Coaster.... buy, a Mocha Freeze and make a caffiene inhibited run to the busses like kids on the last day of school.
8) As we get on the bus, we yell "Turkey Legs" for me... Hee Hee!
9) The bus pulls out from the station and makes it way through the land that Walt built, we pass monorails and busses oh my.
10) We pull into the polenesian because we realized we must have wanted to have an Aloha moment.. so we have a siesta by the beach that Kuna Kuna built
11) As the sun sets we enter the MK and are now starving, on our way we go to the TMR coaster and then get off.. looking for Turkey legs. We see others eating them but, we cannot find the cart. When we do... its too late.. the CART is closed and so is our dream.
12) The lights dim and the WISHES fireworks begin... what a miracle of pyrotechniques...
13) Now we try to make our way back home, like good citizens of this world and forum. As the hours tick, we feel like we should possibly stay the night... Should we try ESPN now since were very hungry or use our PI annual passes. So many decisions, what should I do. 2hrs later were only now walking to our car. We're defeated and hours from our real home. Denny's would be our next stop on I-4.. for a bad patty melt and fries.

:earsboy:

Originally posted by Muziqal If they had to park at a resort to do it and didn't get caught, then so be it.
Technically, isn't ANYTHING all right if you don't get caught?
NO, stealing and skirting suggestive signs are 2 different things.
I know they are. I never said I could steal. I said if I put a fake SALE tag on a pair of really expensive shoes, thereby getting them for a lot less (not stealing them), then that would be okay, based on the logic. I mean ... as long as I didn't get caught ...
Go switch the tags on a Louis Vuitton bag and I'll tell security and you'll get arrested for theft...you violated the criminal code.
How am I stealing if I've paid for the bag? I didn't pay the price ON the bag, but I did pay for it. Based on the parking lot logic, I didn't steal the bag from Louis Vuitton any more than the family who parked at the resort stole the parking fee from Disney World. In fact, I've got less to worry about because in my case there's not even a sign anywhere that says I CAN'T put a fake SALE tag on an expensive bag.

The policy regarding not parking at resorts if you are not staying there or utilizing the resort IS a stated policy. It does exist in writing, and Security will show it to you if you ask them. The fact that they choose not to heavily enforce it and that there is no real punishment for it seems to be the sticking point. Just because something cannot be criminally prosecuted doesn't mean it's okay to do it.

Would it be okay for someone not staying at a WDW resort to sneak into an Early Magic Hour morning? Could someone who wants to eat at a booked solid restaurant claim to be someone else and use their Priority Seating? Could someone lie about their child's age so that they could get on a backstage tour that is designed for guests 16 years and older? I would say no. But all of those things are along the same lines as parking in a resort lot to skirt the parking fee. IMO

:earsboy:

Quote:

Your point seems to be that if you can't be criminally prosecuted for something, it doesn't count as being wrong. I don't agree with that.

end

No, my friend, your interpretation of my point is somewhat skewed. My point is, who are you to tell someone something is right or wrong if the company is aware of the possibile problem? I wonder why you feel the need to push your viewpoint on unassuming individuals and then blunder on with rhetoric to make guests of WDW and this board feel guilty. My point is that if you can get arrested for switching tags on a bags, and you can't get arrested for parking at the BW, then in the grand scheme of things where does the violation rank in terms of human indecency?

You can debate right and wrong 'til you're blue in the face, but you're not the one creating policy. You can attempt to impose your interpretations of how to ethically vacation in WDW on others, but in the end...what have you achieved? That's why I suggested that you go get the job as WDW security and you can try and put your passion to good use...rather than waste the hours thinking up clever responses to internet message board posts. I applaud your passion and I'm all for ethics (I regulate the securities industry and am working my way into the police service), but I find it kind of futile to go about changing the world by writing a message board code of ethics for a company that already knows of the issues you consider problems and have decided how they wish to go about things without your counsel.

My point is that acceptance and tolerance of people doesn't seem to be shown on these boards when those same ideoligies were probably behind the creation of them - don't forget the shared love for WDW.

My point is, write Disney with your suggestions and rants rather than creating a negative vibe for people who are going to to what they're going to do whether you like it or not. Let WDW security do their job and enjoy your own line of work. I would just find that a more useful and constructive use of my time. For what Walt had intended when invisioning WDW (and of course this is speculation..who knows what he really wanted), I doubt he made a place for disgruntled guests to complain about other guests. I don't know...I bet, if he was who they say he was, he'd probably ask that the unhappy guest talk to him and see if they could work something out. And since he's not here...talk to the people who represent him.

My guess is that you rarely take a second to think of the values that WDW represent before you take your rant out on internet posters who love WDW just as much as you. You have something to say...well, then let's hear it...but is the way to change the world to belittle people, assimilate them to your viewpoints, and be the expert on ethics in WDW when your business card doesn't have that title written on it. In our democratic society, I think we've come up with the solution that in order to get things done a majority must pitch their idea to the governing body and leave it in their hands. Take all of your rants to Disney with the rest of the DVCers and the new mug believers and see if you can't get them to build a WDW all for yourself that is elitist, perfect and everyone follows the rules with Security guards on every corner, attraction and drink station to ensure the rules are adhered to.

Parking for free? Right or wrong? vs. Imposing your ideal WDW on other guests without consulting WDW? Right or wrong?

I don't know...that's enough for me though. More planning to do and so little time.

Originally posted by starboard
Hi, I thank everyone for trying to help answer my question without flaming me. I thought my feelings were gonna be hurt for a moment... well, not really. :)

The question for those trying to throw this topic off track was how to get from the MK after the fireworks and back to the boardwalk resort. Regardless of how, or why you needed to be there.

I did exit the monorail and walk to the left which was the BUSSES sign, but only saw mention of themeparks and no resort busses anywhere. What If i wanted to go to club ESPN or the Atlantic City Dance?

Thank you for a great forum and for the moderator's help. I appreciate the service.

You say you exited the Monorail and went to the left to the busses, that was your mistake, you don't TAKE the monorail, that takes you to the Trans and Tick center, when you exited the MK you should have gone left Right there not take the monorail first, the busses right outside MK go to the resorts.

Wow - there are a few people on this thread that need to take something to help them calm down......

This thread has goe on long enough - a mod warned you twice - say bye - bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter