• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney to sell their DVC unit?

Well that’s an interesting development if true. And is it DVCMC or DVD?

I could actually feel my heartrate increase as I listened to this.

Not gonna lie, this does have me thinking about selling at these crazy high rates. If I wanted major hotel timeshare points, I would have bought those. I'm scared for resale value.

This rumor is a good cure for addonitis!

Last edited:
Anyone got a timestamp of when that part starts? Dont care to listen to whole hour to find it lol

I found and listened as well. Just speculation and it seems highly unlikely they would sell and integrate with another Timeshare company. Branding is very important and having Hilton or Marriott running things isn't ideal long term.

Branding is very important and having Hilton or Marriott running things isn't ideal long term.

Wait for three hours for someone to answer the phone and tell me DVC cares about branding. Hit those dwarves again and think about how that website is doing for the branding. Check out that sweet $0 Incredipass discount and tell me they care about DVC. I got quoted 7 days to combine reservations.

This rumor makes sense to me in the context of DVC's obvious service decline and complete gutting of things like TOTW and Moonlight Magic.

Marriott runs the Swolphin and a massive timeshare operation. I'm sure they could figure out how to make a website, hire someone to answer the phone and the emails, and run DVC better than the current level. The suggestion was not even that it would be permanent, just a temporary handover. That makes me even more nervous about the value of my contracts.

Ehhh it seems pretty specious to me. The main reason they give for selling it is the glut of banked points? Thats an issue sure, but an insurmountable one to where you'd want to sell the division I dont think.

Unless you're Bob2 and want to have cash to buy a sports betting outfit for the synergies that provides with ESPN, but really I dont think Disney would need to drum up that much cash to do that deal, sports betting is still in its infancy for being legal in more and more states, surely an all stock deal would get that done without the need for any actual cash to change hands.

Ehhh it seems pretty specious to me. The main reason they give for selling it is the glut of banked points? Thats an issue sure, but an insurmountable one to where you'd want to sell the division I dont think.

Yes, I disagreed with their analysis of the banked points, who cares, and also the argument that there is a ceiling on buyers. Resale shows that isn't what is happening right now at all.

But I did find the other arguments more compelling about the overall corporate finances and DVC's recent behavior and income streams.

I would feel a lot better if Reflections 2026 was announced. There's a reason nothing is announced beyond the small VGF building plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter