Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
More details need to come out with this. What if someone changes their room/hotel? Does that cancel it? What about APs? What if you are inside 30 days?
Agreed, more info needed, but I think overall this is going to be a good thing.

Hopefully they can make a way to change your room/ resort without cancelling FP's.
AP's can only book 60 days out with resort reservations, so they should be subject to the same requirement (and I say this as an AP).
Inside 30 days should be left alone, because that's your basic entitlement even if you don't have a room reservation.

Whether all of it will shake out this way, we won't know until it gets here.

Yikes! I'd be in trouble because I change resorts like I change socks! Planning so far in advance, then I change my mind, or deals come along... Spring break ex: Started at Dolphin, moved to BC, then BWI CL. :o
I can see if there is no reservation and you just cancel period, but if you still have a reservation, hopefully they have this figured in to the changes.

I wonder what will happen if somebody books a 10 day trip to get the really hard to obtain FPs on days 68-70, then scales the trip back to just those last three days. It is still them jumping in line ahead of others l, but I bet those FPs will still be good.

I wonder what will happen if somebody books a 10 day trip to get the really hard to obtain FPs on days 68-70, then scales the trip back to just those last three days. It is still them jumping in line ahead of others l, but I bet those FPs will still be good.
Disney typically does not let you drop days off a reservation like that any more. They do on exception sometimes, but for the last few years it has required complete rebooking.

I'll admit I'm not particularly in the know on this, and people could be doing lots of stuff I would never even think of, but I thought throwaway rooms were rooms (or campsites) people book and pay for for a single night to get the 60 day rolling window/2 days at-the-park parking/magicbands/2 mornings EMH, etc. I thought throwaway rooms weren't cancelled, just paid for and not stayed in, hence the name.

Regardless, I'm all for Disney tightening up any cheats, especially those that takeaway reservations from folks who actually want 'em only to be cancelled later.

I'll admit I'm not particularly in the know on this, and people could be doing lots of stuff I would never even think of, but I thought throwaway rooms were rooms (or campsites) people book and pay for for a single night to get the 60 day rolling window/2 days at-the-park parking/magicbands/2 mornings EMH, etc. I thought throwaway rooms weren't cancelled, just paid for and not stayed in, hence the name.

Regardless, I'm all for Disney tightening up any cheats, especially those that takeaway reservations from folks who actually want 'em only to be cancelled later.

That's what I thought they were as well....sort of absorbing the cost of the one night in order to get the other perks.

You are correct.
IMO A throw away room is a room you actually.pay for and a reservation you keep. You are basically paying for the onsite perks. A strange practice, but certainly inside Disney policy. They really dont care if you sleep in the bed you pay for.

The loophole being closed is something else entirely. A way of gaming the system to violate FP+ booking rules. Glad they are finally being active in eliminating these sort of cheats

You are correct.
IMO A throw away room is a room you actually.pay for and a reservation you keep. You are basically paying for the onsite perks. A strange practice, but certainly inside Disney policy. They really dont care if you sleep in the bed you pay for.

The loophole being closed is something else entirely. A way of gaming the system to violate FP+ booking rules. Glad they are finally being active in eliminating these sort of cheats

Exactly.... Disney gets paid so they don't care how a person uses the room/campsite. They're not scamming the system or violating the rules. People that use the campsites especially don't like when they see empty sites or they can't get a particular site for their total number of days, or not at all because someone reserved the site before they did. But I've also seen people do it with value resorts too, its just that the other guests can't actually see how a person is using the room. I get it because I get annoyed if I can't get the room I want for a whole week too. But whoever is reserving the room that I want and paying for it is not violating the rules, they just got there first before I did. And I can't see what they are actually doing or using the room for so I'm not certain if or how it's being used. Very different from campsites where you literally see your neighbor all the time.

Disney cancelling FP for people who cancel reservations and don't pay is absolutely the right thing. That is scamming the system.

There was a time 2 years ago when I was accidentally taken off a DVC reservation by my in-laws and we didn't know it until about a week had passed. It was within the 30 days so my FP stayed, but we had to fix everything when we got there and add me back on to the reservation. I hope that 30 day thing doesn't change because there are mix-ups sometimes.

So glad to hear Disney is finally, finally doing something about this unfair practice. I think it had become so widespread that they had to finally do something. Might have been seeing all those empty campsites, maybe????? (sarcastic)
I'm just glad other people can now book rooms, campsites who actually want them.
I think there's going to be a big backlash from those who don't agree. Yea for Disney:)

So glad to hear Disney is finally, finally doing something about this unfair practice. I think it had become so widespread that they had to finally do something. Might have been seeing all those empty campsites, maybe????? (sarcastic)
I'm just glad other people can now book rooms, campsites who actually want them.
I think there's going to be a big backlash from those who don't agree. Yea for Disney:)

According to how I am reading this, those who book, pay for, and do not stay in campsites can still do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!