"Disney through the Years" January Exercise Challenge

Happy "Non-Monday" to all those who have the day off in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr.

and congrats to today's :rainbow: color changers:

:tigger:#1hoosierfan
:figment:Saphire5742
:figment:TwilightSparkle

1953 brought the release of The Story of Robin Hood. This was the first version of the tale I remember encountering, and has always been my favorite! Here's a clip:

The team stands at 4,948 minutes - closing in fast on 5,000!!

:fish:"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...":fish:

Seriously, every little bit counts! I'm behind pace this month as well, but you never know what will happen. Besides, you're on the morning color change list, so there's that!

Thank you. This is my first month doing the challenge, and it is very obvious that I overestimated what I would be able to do.

It has rained the past 7 days... over 2 and a half inches, and there is no sun in the forecast for the next week. It's depressing, and I loathe the treadmill.

Ok, enough of being a downer. I know that I would not have gotten the minutes in that I have this month without this thread. I appreciate everyone posting and cheer each of you in your success!!!!

Jan 10th 55 minutes
Jan 11th 45 minutes
Jan 12th rest
Jan 13th 45 minutes
Jan 14th 85 minutes
Jan 15th 45 minutes
Jan 16th 45 minutes

545/600 I had a great second week and I guess I aimed a little on the low side for this month based on that :)

Aaaand that's the last workout before our trip, we're leaving tomorrow!!!

Thank you. This is my first month doing the challenge, and it is very obvious that I overestimated what I would be able to do.

It has rained the past 7 days... over 2 and a half inches, and there is no sun in the forecast for the next week. It's depressing, and I loathe the treadmill.

Ok, enough of being a downer. I know that I would not have gotten the minutes in that I have this month without this thread. I appreciate everyone posting and cheer each of you in your success!!!!

Some months are like that. Just keep doing whatever you can do and don't feel bad!

Jan 10th 55 minutes
Jan 11th 45 minutes
Jan 12th rest
Jan 13th 45 minutes
Jan 14th 85 minutes
Jan 15th 45 minutes
Jan 16th 45 minutes

545/600 I had a great second week and I guess I aimed a little on the low side for this month based on that :)

Aaaand that's the last workout before our trip, we're leaving tomorrow!!!

You're doing a great job! Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip.

Don't worry. You're not alone. I might have overestimated this month, too. I'm not as far along as I would like to be. Doing anything at all counts as forward motion, though. Feel good about that. :)

Monday was great day, with over 400 team minutes exercised!! :cheer2: The group as a whole stands at 5,639 - only 631 more to purple!!

Reporting my own numbers as well - 20 new minutes for 220/465.

We have two fabulous color changes :rainbow: :

:figment: princessbee !!
:car: galaxygirl76 !!

and 1953 brings us the following releases:

tinkerbell-peter-pan-wallpaper-3.jpg

Peter Pan

The Alaskan Eskimo
(the first "People and Places" documentary series)

The Sword and the Rose

The Living Desert
(part of the "True Life Adventures" series mentioned earlier)

Have a great week, everyone!!

You guys, just wanted you to know I didn't flake on this challenge! After I last posted I ended up out of work a couple days with a chronic double ear infection that has been a nightmare. I still have it in the right ear...almost a week later. Left ear is almost better. ENT will be in my future, I've been told, since I've had lots of issues with my ears in the past. Unfortunately, I have not been able to work out as a result. For once, I was motivated (and still am) and just couldn't! I had goals and still do. I realize these things happen so I'll just get back on track and I have been watching my eating at least but I'm still frustrated and disappointed! Still not well enough to work out though but am hoping this passes soon.

Hello, all!

Sorry for the later-than-usual daily post. This morning was just busy, and then I was away from the PC (where the spreadsheet is) all day.

Anyway, we're up to 1954, with the following Disney releases:

Rob Roy, the Highland Rogue
The Vanishing Prairie
, and
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Walt also began airing the television series that most of us know as "The Wonderful World of Disney"!

It had several names over the years, and (according to Wikipedia) is the second longest running prime-time program on American television.

No color changes today (and I have no minutes for yesterday myself) but the team stands at 5,695 minutes, or 45% of goal. Keep up the good work, everyone!!

You guys, just wanted you to know I didn't flake on this challenge! After I last posted I ended up out of work a couple days with a chronic double ear infection that has been a nightmare. I still have it in the right ear...almost a week later. Left ear is almost better. ENT will be in my future, I've been told, since I've had lots of issues with my ears in the past. Unfortunately, I have not been able to work out as a result. For once, I was motivated (and still am) and just couldn't! I had goals and still do. I realize these things happen so I'll just get back on track and I have been watching my eating at least but I'm still frustrated and disappointed! Still not well enough to work out though but am hoping this passes soon.

I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time lately and really hope you feel much better soon.

Hello, all!

Sorry for the later-than-usual daily post. This morning was just busy, and then I was away from the PC (where the spreadsheet is) all day.

Anyway, we're up to 1954, with the following Disney releases:

Rob Roy, the Highland Rogue
The Vanishing Prairie
, and
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Walt also began airing the television series that most of us know as "The Wonderful World of Disney"!

It had several names over the years, and (according to Wikipedia) is the second longest running prime-time program on American television.

No color changes today (and I have no minutes for yesterday myself) but the team stands at 5,695 minutes, or 45% of goal. Keep up the good work, everyone!!

As a child, I always looked forward to the Wonderful World of Disney. It seems like it aired on Sunday nights when I was a kid. Best night of the week!

Happy Thursday!

No new minutes for me, but team totals stand at 5,835 minutes. 92% of participants have reported in, and we're at 47% of goal.

1955 was a huge year for Disney:

We have the releases of -
Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier,
Lady and the Tramp,

The African Lion, and
The Littlest Outlaw,

the airing of the first ::MickeyMo Mickey Mouse Club show on television,
and the opening of Disneyland :welcome:!!!

(Walt also had a wonderful “new this year” in his personal life – his first grandson was born!)

If you’ve only got a minute, here’s a little trip down Memory Lane:

If you’ve got more time (even just to watch the first few minutes) here’s a great special about the Mickey Mouse Club, which also has some bits about the opening of Disneyland:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter