Disney, The Dream...and WHAT?!? Disney AGAIN!?! *Updated 2/20*

I love your update!

Food looks good ....... yum, memories! :lmao:

And I am so with you on the Animator's Palette - I loved the one on the Wonder a lot more too! The changing of the sketches, the servers changing outfits ..... yeah, much more of a show!

Guess I need to work on MY updates too - there was a lot going on here the last few days and I never got around to update - but I hope to this weekend! :thumbsup2

I love your update!

Food looks good ....... yum, memories! :lmao:

And I am so with you on the Animator's Palette - I loved the one on the Wonder a lot more too! The changing of the sketches, the servers changing outfits ..... yeah, much more of a show!

Guess I need to work on MY updates too - there was a lot going on here the last few days and I never got around to update - but I hope to this weekend! :thumbsup2

Thanks Karin. :)

AP was cute and all, and the food was good, but I loved the changing colors and everything on the Magic. Even the way the servers brought out dessert when we went, with sparklers and all. I guess I'll have to take Meg on either the Magic or the Wonder sometime! :laughing:

Can't wait for more of your updates!

When we left off, we just arrived on Deck 12 for Pirate Night, and found a spot near the beginning of the AquaDuck. It was very crowded, mostly everywhere. We were pretty squished. :crowded:

The CMs were getting people pumped up for the festivities about to begin.

555 by mlm313, on Flickr

See how crowded it was?

562 by mlm313, on Flickr

Soon, the fireworks began!

559 by mlm313, on Flickr

561 by mlm313, on Flickr

563 by mlm313, on Flickr

564 by mlm313, on Flickr

568 by mlm313, on Flickr

569 by mlm313, on Flickr

The fireworks display didn't last very long, and they're not like watching Wishes or anything, but it IS pretty cool to be watching fireworks on a cruise out in the middle of the ocean. And, we had a good view of them from our spot.

Then, Captain Jack Sparrow swooped in!

570 by mlm313, on Flickr

There was a show with pirates, and Jack, but we couldn't see that well, as we were behind a row of people, and others kept passing through that area, trying to move. I was wondering why they didn't just stay in one place then, because it was even more crowded!

Meg did get a couple of good shots though.

571 by mlm313, on Flickr

572 by mlm313, on Flickr

Captain Jack doesn't look bad at all! :love:

The show was pretty good, but next time, we'll have to get there earlier for a better spot.

After the show, we didn't stay for the Club Pirate dance party. Flooring is put over the pools and people dance there.

Continued in next post.​

Meg and I decided to check out the Pirate Night buffet in Cabanas, even though we were still so full from dinner. They had the big turkey legs, corn bread, mac & cheese, and a bunch of other food, but I just grabbed a piece of cornbread to try. I love cornbread! It was pretty good. I wished we weren't so full...I would have had a turkey leg!

After that, we decided to go to the Arr-cade. Very fitting, for Pirate Night! ;)

573 by mlm313, on Flickr

We got a game card with 500 points for $10. Most of the games were around 100 points or less. Meg loves the racing car games, so played a couple of those, some airhockey (I won!), and Meg tried a motorcycle game.

574 by mlm313, on Flickr

575 by mlm313, on Flickr

Then, we faced off on Guitar Hero.

576 by mlm313, on Flickr

578 by mlm313, on Flickr

577 by mlm313, on Flickr

579 by mlm313, on Flickr

I have to say, that I did better than Meg! And she takes guitar lessons! :lmao: I guess I am better on fake guitar!

We left the Arr-cade, and I wanted to go to Club Pirate, but it was ending already! Instead, we went back to the room and found...

580 by mlm313, on Flickr

And we got some more FEs! Yea! It was always great to come back and find a nice gift! That night we got little bags of Cars pretzels, which Meg ended up LOVING! She kept telling me I had to find some when we got home.

That concludes our first full day on the Dream. Wow, we were busy!

Weather: Cloudy, then sunny and hot.
Best thing today: For Meg, it was the spa, and the 5 ice creams she got! For me, it was laughing it up after the Mixology class!
Worst thing today: finding out we couldn't go to Castaway the next day! :sad1:

Great new update! :thumbsup2

The fireworks at sea are pretty nice and I always look out for other cruise ships nearby - just look for them and I am almost certain there will be one closeby. A friend told me to look for other ships watching "our" fireworks and so far EVERY trip I noticed at least ONE ship! :rotfl2:
BUT - I liked Pirate night and Mickey flying from one funnel to the other more than the show on the DREAM. We watched it the first time around, but then didn't bother any more, just went for the fireworks!
And one day I will be able to skip dinner and just indulge in the dessert buffet - one day ......... :laughing:

Great new update! :thumbsup2

The fireworks at sea are pretty nice and I always look out for other cruise ships nearby - just look for them and I am almost certain there will be one closeby. A friend told me to look for other ships watching "our" fireworks and so far EVERY trip I noticed at least ONE ship! :rotfl2:
BUT - I liked Pirate night and Mickey flying from one funnel to the other more than the show on the DREAM. We watched it the first time around, but then didn't bother any more, just went for the fireworks!
And one day I will be able to skip dinner and just indulge in the dessert buffet - one day ......... :laughing:

Hmm, I'll have to look next time to see if we can see another cruise ship out there! They must be jealous that they have to watch the DCL fireworks! :lmao:
I really wish we weren't so full, and could have at least tried a few things at the Pirate Night buffet!

Meg and I woke up around 8, and got ready for breakfast. I talked her into going to Enchanted Garden. She hadn't wanted to, because she wanted to be "surprised" when we went there on our dinner rotation that night. But I convinced her by saying that if she went during the day, she would see the room in a different way than it would be at night. The flower light fixtures open, and then close at night, and during the day, the walls go from looking like a sunny day outside in a garden, to dark at dinner time.

So, she agreed, and off we went.

581 by mlm313, on Flickr

After stopping for that picture, we arrived at the Enchanted Garden.

592 by mlm313, on Flickr

I was excited because they have a buffet breakfast there, which I guess is somewhat similar to the buffet at Cabanas, but much less crowded and with servers for everything else, like juice, coffee/tea, etc.

We went up to get a plate of food. Meg got eggs, bacon, home fries, and a Mickey waffle, and a bowl of fruit.

582 by mlm313, on Flickr

583 by mlm313, on Flickr

I got the same thing as Meg, but I got a Krispy Kreme! :love: and a little biscuit.

584 by mlm313, on Flickr

585 by mlm313, on Flickr

Can you tell I was excited about the donut? I took a big bite before remembering to take a picture of it!

Our server, Estewar, came over and did some very cool magic tricks, and napkin designs for us.

587 by mlm313, on Flickr

588 by mlm313, on Flickr

589 by mlm313, on Flickr

He was very nice, and his magic tricks were great. Breakfast was really good, except for the Mickey waffles. They were pretty hard. When we were leaving, we overheard a guy yelling at a manager about how awful, and hard the waffles were. Really? You need to yell about waffles? When there is a TON of other food to eat? I guess he had his heart set on those waffles! :rotfl2:

We looked around the restaurant, before leaving, with Meg snapping more pictures.

586 by mlm313, on Flickr

590 by mlm313, on Flickr

591 by mlm313, on Flickr

Then, we were off to meet some characters!​

What a pretty breakfast! Your napkin pictures cracked me up because in college, my BFF use to cater and they'd fold the napkins all fancy for the events. If they had linen napkins when we would go out to eat, she'd always insist on making all the different shapes she learned at work. Although hers weren't nearly as fancy!

Hi! I caught up over the weekend, but didn't get a chance to post. I'm really enjoying your trip, and your great pics of the Dream! It looks like you had a wonderful time together - especially your mixology class!:rotfl2:

The Enchanted Garden looks so beautiful - makes me want to book, just to eat dinner in there! Do the lights change from daylight to stars?

Breakfast looks great. It was good you talked your DD into it! :thumbsup2

Those servers know a lot of fun magic tricks. ;) On our first cruise on the DREAM this summer we had a young couple and she fell for the tricks every time. Cracked the rest of us up.

There is something seriously wrong with Mickey Waffles on the Disney ships :rotfl2: I need yet to find a really good one too. Maybe they are just out too long? :confused3

What a pretty breakfast! Your napkin pictures cracked me up because in college, my BFF use to cater and they'd fold the napkins all fancy for the events. If they had linen napkins when we would go out to eat, she'd always insist on making all the different shapes she learned at work. Although hers weren't nearly as fancy!

The Enchanted Garden was my favorite place of breakfast. And yes, the napkins were pretty cool. Better than the towel animals! ;)

Hi! I caught up over the weekend, but didn't get a chance to post. I'm really enjoying your trip, and your great pics of the Dream! It looks like you had a wonderful time together - especially your mixology class!:rotfl2:
The Enchanted Garden looks so beautiful - makes me want to book, just to eat dinner in there! Do the lights change from daylight to stars?

Glad you're all caught up! The Dream really was so nice. The pictures don't do it justice. And the mixology class was great! Next time, maybe I'll do the champagne one! :thumbsup2
The flower lights in the Enchanted Garden close up, and the "sky" went from looking like sunset to dark. Not sure if there were stars. I'll have to pay better attention!

Breakfast looks great. It was good you talked your DD into it! :thumbsup2

Those servers know a lot of fun magic tricks. ;) On our first cruise on the DREAM this summer we had a young couple and she fell for the tricks every time. Cracked the rest of us up.

There is something seriously wrong with Mickey Waffles on the Disney ships :rotfl2: I need yet to find a really good one too. Maybe they are just out too long? :confused3

I fell for the magic tricks too! I never can figure out how they do them! :rotfl2: Which makes me very easy to impress!

Yes, there was a problem with the Mickey waffles, but I was good, since I had the Krispy Kreme donuts instead!

Thought we'd throw in a real life update since it IS Disney related.

Meg found some Disney pumpkin carving templates online here. So, she picked one, and got to work.

BEFORE:

096 by mlm313, on Flickr

DURING:

099 by mlm313, on Flickr

100 by mlm313, on Flickr

103 by mlm313, on Flickr

AFTER:

104 by mlm313, on Flickr

105 by mlm313, on Flickr

106 by mlm313, on Flickr

It's Jack Skellington!

We are stuck in the house tonite, as we are having a very freak Nor'easter in MA. We rarely get snow in October, and if we DO, it is usually a dusting. But tonite, we are getting over a foot. :scared1: Luckily, we still have power. A lot of people don't, because there are still many trees with all their leaves and the heavy snow is weighing them down, causing the branches to fall and take out power lines! :eek:

Let's hope we don't need to huddle around the table with our newly carved pumpkin for light! :lmao:

I love your pumpkin!!! I tried to do Jack a few years ago and it looked nothing like yours (aka not like Jack). But he's the pumpkin king so it's so appropriate!

And you can keep that snow where it is! It's chillier here but nowhere near snow cold... and I like it that way!

That's one great pumpkin!!!!!!!! I love those Family Fun templates - they always have the most fun ones!

Hope you still have power! :hug:

I just found your TR and your trip is almost over! Love all of your pics :thumbsup2 I have to go on a Disney cruise one day - love how you and your daughter are enjoying your together and alone times.

Loving your TR!! The Dream seems so beautiful and lots of fun!! We are in MA too. We live in central ma and ended up with around a foot of snow. We are still without power. They are saying Thursday, at the earliest! Can't wait for your next update!! Thank goodness for phones that connect to the Internet! Hope your staying warm! It's way too cold!

Well, needed to find a new TR to read, and came upon yours. What a lucky pick!!! I am enjoying it immensely! :cheer2:

I had never heard of an FE before your report, so I learned something new. What a great way to interact with fellow DISers while on a Disney Cruise - pixie dust all around.

I enjoyed your TR in the parks, and am enjoying your ship TR. I especially like your candor as to your opinions on food, rides, interactions, etc.

Looking forward to reading more...:surfweb:

I love your pumpkin!!! I tried to do Jack a few years ago and it looked nothing like yours (aka not like Jack). But he's the pumpkin king so it's so appropriate!

And you can keep that snow where it is! It's chillier here but nowhere near snow cold... and I like it that way!

Thanks! Meg did a great job on it. And free templates are always good!
We wound up with a foot of snow! Trick-or-treating was cancelled for lots of towns! How sad is that?!?

Cool pumpkins! I hope your power stays on, and you keep warm this weekend.

Thanks! We actually lost power for three looonnnngggg days! Very cold, and boring! Luckily we showered at friends' houses, and they had us over for dinner!

That's one great pumpkin!!!!!!!! I love those Family Fun templates - they always have the most fun ones!

Hope you still have power! :hug:

Thanks Karin! Our power is back now. Really makes you appreciate it when you don't have it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter