Disney, The Dream...and WHAT?!? Disney AGAIN!?! *Updated 2/20*

Count me in!!! That is terrible about meg's ring!!!That would have made me sick...

Hi! Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

I was so upset that night about Meg's ring, and mad at her for not being more careful with it. But, she spent her own $ on it, and losing it was punishment enough. And, I knew she didn't lose it on purpose. But, it was a definite bummer! Also, I wished the person who found it had turned it in.
She wants to try for a black pearl next time! Those are gorgeous!

Ok for the record Meg's sunglasses crack me up! :lmao:

I feel the same way about Space Mountain... especially after the "upgrade." They made it darker and now it's just unbearable.

And my guess for lunch will be... hmmm... maybe Crystal Palace ;)

Ok for the record Meg's sunglasses crack me up! :lmao:

I feel the same way about Space Mountain... especially after the "upgrade." They made it darker and now it's just unbearable.

And my guess for lunch will be... hmmm... maybe Crystal Palace ;)

Yes, Meg thinks she is quite cool in those sunglasses! :cool2: She even has pants that match, although I don't think she has worn them with the glasses together yet. Here they are:

785 by mlm313, on Flickr

Kinda blurry, but you get the idea!
She actually gets a lot of looks, points, and stares with those glasses. :lmao: And on the cruise, one of the waiters outside kept calling her Cruella!

And yes, you guessed it! The Crystal Palace!

Ok, so before we begin our Lunch ADR, I have to share a real life story. Meg and I went to the mall today, and of course had to pop into the Disney Store. She went off browsing, and came running over to me with a huge smile on her face! Look what she found!

002 by mlm313, on Flickr

Yippeee! A Pascal plush! :love: I have been looking for one forever. They didn't even have anything Pascal that I could find at WDW. I was so happy she found him! Of course I bought him, and if you have a Disney Store near you, all the plush are buy one, get one free, so I got a Christmas gift too!

Ok, back to our TR!

We went to check in at the Crystal Palace.

350 by mlm313, on Flickr

We always go here for breakfast, so we thought we'd change things up, and try lunch. Meg always has to come here because she is a big fan of Pooh. We checked in, and waited about 5 minutes. It was hot while we were waiting, so I was glad they had water and cups outside! Meg took this picture while we waited:

351 by mlm313, on Flickr

We were seated, on the right as we always seem to be. I don't think I have ever been in the other half of that place! We waited a few minutes, as Pooh was close, but I convinced Meg we had time to get some food.

353 by mlm313, on Flickr

We went up for our first plate.

354 by mlm313, on Flickr

Meg got seafood chowder (really good, she says), mixed veggies, vegetarian pasta, and mashed potatoes. She likes everything except for the pasta. The sauce tasted odd.

My first plate:

355 by mlm313, on Flickr

I got chicken, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies and a roll. All of it was pretty good.

While we started to eat, Pooh came over.

356 by mlm313, on Flickr

He didn't interact that much. Maybe because Meg is older? I don't know, but he kind of waved at us, took that one picture and was off. I said he was a poop. It's what we say when people are in a bad mood, or grumpy. He really was a poop. Pooh the poop. :rotfl2: Too bad, cause he is Meg's fave. I told her he's gotten too big for his britches, now that he has a new movie out! We got a good laugh out of that.

We must have eaten quickly, because we went up for our second plates:

357 by mlm313, on Flickr

I got ham, more mashed potatoes, another roll (those were yummy), a chicken nugget, a little mac & chesse, some rice, a little potato salad, and more veggies. The chicken nuggets are sooo good there! If I remember right, they were with the kids section.

Meg got:

358 by mlm313, on Flickr

chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, a roll, some pasta salad, and some sort of mexican chicken bean type salad.

Then Tigger came to join us!
:tigger:

359 by mlm313, on Flickr

He was much better than Pooh, sorry to say. He was dancing with Meg, and she was cracking up laughing. He pointed to me, and I got a picture too.

360 by mlm313, on Flickr

Then, we got dessert.

361 by mlm313, on Flickr

362 by mlm313, on Flickr

I got a key lime pie, a fruit tart thing, and a German chocolate cake, and ice cream of course. I didn't really like the tart or the cake, and the key lime pie was okay. The ice cream was the best!

363 by mlm313, on Flickr

Meg got some ice cream and a little cannoli. She didn't like the cannoli. Of course, she liked the ice cream.

Piglet came to see us during dessert:

364 by mlm313, on Flickr

365 by mlm313, on Flickr

Piglet was so cute. I love him. He was pointing to Meg's shirt and acting embarrassed that he was on it. He was better than Pooh too!

Eeyore came next, but something happened to our camera, and the 2 pictures we have with him disappeared somehow. He was better than Pooh as well! Pooh was having a bad day or something...he must have run out of hunny!

We took some pictures around the CP after we paid our bill.

366 by mlm313, on Flickr

368 by mlm313, on Flickr

373 by mlm313, on Flickr

We always have to get pictures of Meg in front of these topiaries.

370 by mlm313, on Flickr

372 by mlm313, on Flickr

We enjoyed our lunch here, but I think I like breakfast better. Tigger was the best I thought, out of the 4 characters. We were watching him with little kids, and he was so good with them. He had a baby patting his snout for the longest time. So cute.
We give the CP lunch a 3.5 out of 5. Next time, we'll be back for breakfast.

Love your trip report! I just found out about pick a pearl. My daughter and I are going to do it in November. We just found out we get to go this year for Thanksgiving instead of having to wait until next. We are all so excited. Can't wait for more updates!

Fun pictures of CP! It's a shame Pooh didn't have a good day. ;) Maybe he needs to go bouncing with Tigger for a while! :rotfl2:

More TR please, can't wait for the cruise part!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Enjoying your report!:cool1:
We love Crystal Palace as well ;)

:welcome: Glad you're enjoying it! I saw the link in your post, and started on page one of your TR. I was cracking up. The prizes you gave to your first reader were hysterical! I'll be back over to read more of it later! ;)

Love your trip report! I just found out about pick a pearl. My daughter and I are going to do it in November. We just found out we get to go this year for Thanksgiving instead of having to wait until next. We are all so excited. Can't wait for more updates!

Hello, and thanks for joining! I'm so jealous you'll be going at Thanksgiving. We were thinking of it (still are, actually) but need to wait and see about a couple of things first. The Christmas decorations will be up, and it will be beautiful! If you have time, check out the GF lobby!
Pick a pearl was fun. I had seen it before but never really paid attention that much until reading more about it on the boards. One word of advice, after you pick them up (if you are having them set into anything), send them back to your hotel if you're staying on property so you don't make Meg's mistake! :goodvibes

Fun pictures of CP! It's a shame Pooh didn't have a good day. ;) Maybe he needs to go bouncing with Tigger for a while! :rotfl2:

More TR please, can't wait for the cruise part!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

:rotfl: Pooh DID need to go bounce with Tigger for awhile that day! Or eat some hunny, or something. He was acting more like Eeyore would!
We're almost at the Dream part! I can't wait to see if you made it to CC on the 3 leg of your b2b2b!!!

:rotfl: Pooh DID need to go bounce with Tigger for awhile that day! Or eat some hunny, or something. He was acting more like Eeyore would!
We're almost at the Dream part! I can't wait to see if you made it to CC on the 3 leg of your b2b2b!!!

:woohoo: I am so looking forward to your DREAM part! We DID make it to CC on cruise no 3, so that made for two days in paradise - and we did get to enjoy our Serenity Bay Cabana, that's all I can say! :cloud9:

:woohoo: I am so looking forward to your DREAM part! We DID make it to CC on cruise no 3, so that made for two days in paradise - and we did get to enjoy our Serenity Bay Cabana, that's all I can say! :cloud9:

We're almost to the Dream part! Nice that you made it to CC on the 1st and 3rd leg, AND got a cabana! :thumbsup2

After our lunch at CP, we headed over to Adventureland.

374 by mlm313, on Flickr

We went on Pirates of the Caribbean next. The wait was about 15 minutes. Not too bad.

375 by mlm313, on Flickr

We went on the Jungle Cruise afterwards, waiting about 30 minutes. We were stuck in the middle section of the boat though, so kinda hard to take good pictures without having someone's head in the way! We did get to see an amazing thing though....the back side of water! :rotfl:

We walked into Fantasyland, and went in to see Mickey's Philharmagic.

376 by mlm313, on Flickr

Then, we waited, and waited, and waited for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. The wait time sign said 60 minutes. It was definitely longer, because at one point, we noticed that all the little honey mobiles had stopped completely. The new queue is pretty cute, until you have to stand there for an hour listening to the screaming children, along with the banging of the watermelon drums, and the popping radishes.

396 by mlm313, on Flickr

379 by mlm313, on Flickr

382 by mlm313, on Flickr

I was pretty done with it by the time we finally got on! Although, the hunny walls were pretty good!

384 by mlm313, on Flickr

Oh the things I do for Meg. Waiting for over an hour for Pooh would be one of them! :)

We had to go on the classic (annoying, as Meg says) It's a Small World. But hey, she owed me after Pooh. And, it was pretty much a walk on.

388 by mlm313, on Flickr

We walked back over towards Frontierland, to use our FPs for Splash Mountain. It was Meg's first time on it, and she liked it. I'm sure she liked it because I was the one who got wet, not her!

After this, we went to ride the wildest ride in the wilderness....Big Thunder Mountain. I love this ride. Although, we were almost at the end of our 30 minute wait and it started raining. They kept making announcements about how they may need to stop the ride at any time. Luckily, we got to go on after standing in line for that long!

We walked over to Tomorrowland and saw this cute little guy on the way.

389 by mlm313, on Flickr

He looked so fluffy and cute!

We made our way through Fantasyland on our way there, and everything had such a looong wait, so we continued on our way. Luckily, it had stopped raining already!

392 by mlm313, on Flickr

394 by mlm313, on Flickr

Once we got to Tomorrowland, we went on the Peoplemover. When they took us through Space Mountain, we saw....

395 by mlm313, on Flickr

Uh oh! :eek: All the lights were on, and Meg saw some cars stopped. Wouldn't have liked that to happen! It was pretty cool seeing it like that though.

Now for your viewing pleasure, Meg's castle pictures:

393 by mlm313, on Flickr

397 by mlm313, on Flickr

400 by mlm313, on Flickr

401 by mlm313, on Flickr

Up next, Hot dog Hot dog Hot diggety dog....

Wow! You fitted in quite a few rides on your MK day!
Over an hour for Winnie? No thanks.
Can't wait to see what else you are up to.

Love your trip report...very good for your first one...you will definately need to do more! Meg took some great pictures of the castle!

Meg and I didn't really want to see the Electrical Parade. We had seen it, and thought we might be able to get on some rides without waiting long, while everyone else was waiting for the parade to start. We soon saw how many people were already sitting, and figured we may not be able to get a good spot for The Magic, the Memories, and You, and then Wishes. So, we thought we'd just get a good spot, and wait for all of it. First though, we had to grab some dinner.

402 by mlm313, on Flickr

We went to Casey's. The lines were pretty long, and moved VERY slowly. I read on another TR that ever since they added the "gourmet" hot dogs, the lines got really bad. :confused3

So, we waited for quite a while, and then ordered plain old hot dogs, and fries.

403 by mlm313, on Flickr

While we were trying to get some ketchup, and onions, there were 2 little kids filling up about 20 little containers with ketchup. The place was packed, and you could barely move, but there they were, happily gathering as much ketchup as they could! Thankfully, there was another dispenser!

Meg's hotdog is the one loaded with onions. We carried the tray over and found our spot in front of the castle, with a thousand other people!

404 by mlm313, on Flickr

We sat, munching away on dinner, waiting. It really wasn't a great dinner. The hot dog was barely warm, and the roll was kind of hard, maybe stale? We gave it a 3 out of 5. Everyone just loves Casey's, but it was not for us, that night anyways. Another QS that was just ok....it's just another in the beginning of Meg's dislike of quick service! :lmao:

405 by mlm313, on Flickr

I took pictures, as the castle changed colors...so pretty...as Meg went off to get us some ice cream. I was beginning to think she couldn't find me because she was gone for 25-30 minutes!
When she got back, she had a vanilla/chocolate ice cream, and a plain chocolate for me.
I liked hers and she liked mine so we swapped.

Soon after, the Electical Parade started.

054 by mlm313, on Flickr

The family in front of us was filming the whole thing on their video camera and the characters waved right to them. There was even a woman filming it on her iPad. Kind of big to drag to the park and to film with I thought. :confused3

After that ended, the new castle show, The Magic, the Memories, and You started. We watched it on YouTube a couple of months before, and couldn't wait to see it in person. It was great! Although, some of the pictures are kind of small. But otherwise, very cool.

Then Wishes began.

410 by mlm313, on Flickr

413 by mlm313, on Flickr

417 by mlm313, on Flickr

421 by mlm313, on Flickr

066 by mlm313, on Flickr

Don't you just love Wishes? Although, what I hate is that you find a spot, and sit there for 90 minutes, and then 5 minutes before it starts, people try to squeeze in!

Once Wishes was over, we made our way very slowly down Main Street, with EVERYONE leaving at once. I was getting crashed into by strollers, and EVCs. While leaving, we saw how much trash was thrown on the ground....which leads me to my pet peeves of Disney...

1. Slobby people who can't manage to throw away their trash. They throw it on the ground, and let the CMs pick it up.
2. People pushing strollers and driving scooters that feel the need to run into you, even though there is nowhere for you to go to get out of their way!
3. People who cannot stand behind the yellow line, when the buses pull in, or when the monorail is coming. Especially parents who let their kids do it, and the bus driver can't pull in because he's afraid of running the kid over!
4. People who don't move to the end of the row in shows. The CM will stand there, and make the announcement over and over again, as there are a bunch more people coming in, trying to find seats. Some people will just sit there in the middle and let people crawl over them!

Wow, I only have 4 pet peeves. Not too bad!
:rotfl2: Sorry, it had to be said! Even though we had a great time at the parks, these little things can annoy you. We just try to ignore it, but are putting them out there as a public service announcement for the good of all the guests! :goodvibes

After we made it through the crowd of people, we made it to the buses. Wow! It was nuts! Luckily, they had extra buses running, so we didn't have to wait too long. While we waited, the water parade was going by, although it was almost done.

We made it back to our room for our last night in WDW (or so we thought) before getting on the Dream. We had a lot of packing to do, and laundry! I stayed up until after 1 am trying to finish it!
:laundy:
Meg slept right through all of my comings and goings! I DO love that the resorts have laundry rooms, and best of all it was FREE! (except for detergent, but I brought some).

Weather for today: Sunny and hot with a little rain shower.
Best today: being at MK!
Worst today: Pooh was a poop, and the wait to get on the Pooh ride.

1. Slobby people who can't manage to throw away their trash. They throw it on the ground, and let the CMs pick it up.
2. People pushing strollers and driving scooters that feel the need to run into you, even though there is nowhere for you to go to get out of their way!
3. People who cannot stand behind the yellow line, when the buses pull in, or when the monorail is coming. Especially parents who let their kids do it, and the bus driver can't pull in because he's afraid of running the kid over!
4. People who don't move to the end of the row in shows. The CM will stand there, and make the announcement over and over again, as there are a bunch more people coming in, trying to find seats. Some people will just sit there in the middle and let people crawl over them!

:worship::worship::worship:

Love your trip report...very good for your first one...you will definately need to do more! Meg took some great pictures of the castle!

Thank you! I think we must have gotten the hang of writing one from reading so many! ;)
Meg was quite the photographer on this trip! She took 95% of the pictures! Of course, then she decided she wanted a "better" camera for Christmas! I think we'll wait a bit on that!

Wow! You fitted in quite a few rides on your MK day!
Over an hour for Winnie? No thanks.
Can't wait to see what else you are up to.

Yeah, we should have gotten a FP to Pooh, but Meg wanted to see the new queue. More than 60 minutes was a bit much. She owes me! :laughing:

We originally made breakfast ADRs for around 8am at Boma, thinking we'd have to be ready to leave early to get our DCL transfer. We found out though, that we didn't have to meet until 10:45. So, we changed our ADR time to 9:30. Our luggage had to be ready in our room at 8am, and Bell Services came to pick it up around 8:20. Then we walked around Kidani for the last time:

Oh look, more zebras and birds. No giraffes!

423 by mlm313, on Flickr

424 by mlm313, on Flickr

Bye room!

425 by mlm313, on Flickr

Bye Kidani!

426 by mlm313, on Flickr

We were going to walk over to Jambo House, but right then, a bus pulled up so we hopped on for a ride instead.

427 by mlm313, on Flickr

428 by mlm313, on Flickr

We got to Boma, and were seated after about 5 minutes.

429 by mlm313, on Flickr

430 by mlm313, on Flickr

Wow! The buffet is huge!
We went up for our first plate:

431 by mlm313, on Flickr

Meg got the grilled tomatoes, eggs, home fries, bacon, strawberries, a chocolate chip scone, and a cinnamon bun. Meg liked the grilled tomatoes, but said it didn't feel like breakfast food. There were many items like that, and I guess we weren't daring enough to try them...just stuck to the traditional breakfast foods!

432 by mlm313, on Flickr

I got a waffle, eggs, bacon, home fries, cinnamon bun, AND a sticky roll, and some fruit. The cinnamon bun and sticky roll were my favorites.

We went up for a small second plate, mostly fruit. We were so full from all the good food. The juice was wonderful as well. Our server was Albert and he was very nice. We give it a 5 out of 5. I think there is something for everyone there...too bad we weren't that adventurous that morning.

We had some extra time before we needed to meet for the DCL bus, so we wandered around Jambo to take some pictures:

435 by mlm313, on Flickr

436 by mlm313, on Flickr

437 by mlm313, on Flickr

Meg loved that art...she said it looked like big worry dolls.

We went to sit in the area they instructed us to, on the paper we got in our room the night before. There was a huge group of people there, waiting to board the DCL bus. They actually needed 2 for our group!
At 11:30, they lined us up in this looong line that went all the way through the lobby. We were blocking other guests' way who were trying to get through the lobby, so we made a space for them. Well, the DCL person came over and snapped at us to "Move up!" She wasn't very "Disney-like". We called her Roz.
:laughing: We were laughing at her with the teen boy behind us. (Later, he and his mom were 2 of our tablemates for the cruise!). It's a "small world...after all". (sorry if that is stuck in your head now!) :lmao:

We finally got to board, on the 2nd DCL bus:

438 by mlm313, on Flickr

Yippee!!!

We got the 2nd row on the 2nd bus. It was kind of a pain not to be on the first bus, because they just got to leave for the ship terminal, but they sent our bus to All Star Movies to pick up more people (6), and then the DCL rep there told our bus driver we had to go to All Star Sports to get more people, even though our bus had maybe 1 or 2 seats left. So, we went there, and there was no one to pick up. We were wondering about the DCL people that morning...none of them seemed very friendly really, or really seemed to know what was going on.
:confused3 Oh well, we didn't mind too much because we were on our way to THE DREAM!!!! :woohoo:

Our bus driver was nice, and chatted occassionally. I fell asleep off and on for the ride while Meg watched the video. I soon woke up when this grand sight came into view:

440 by mlm313, on Flickr

It was pretty breezy, as Hurricane Irene was narrowly missing Florida after having JUST hit the Bahamas.

We got closer...

442 by mlm313, on Flickr

:banana::banana: AND CLOSER!! :banana::banana:

443 by mlm313, on Flickr​

Glad you agree! I'm sure Matt sees all kinds of things like these now?!

You have no idea! Matt recently learned that if a guest physically assaults a CM in any way, shape, or form, they are banned from the Disney Parks for life. How does he know this? A women PUNCHED a college program CM at Pecos Bill in August :scared1:

People's inability to move to the end of the row, filling in every available seat (see, I've listened to it so much I have the spiel memorized!) is my biggest pet peeve. Seriously? Are you completely incapable of listening? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter