Disney Store

eeyorelover

Mouseketeer
I am so excited! I have an interview with the Disney Store for a part time job. Only one problem. Should I be upfront with them about my medical problems. I have to be in the hospital for three days every three months for testing and treatment and I may have to go back in for another surgery in August. I have been wanting a job there but I'm afraid if I tell them I have no chance but I feel wrong if I don't let them know in the interview. What would you suggest? The manager knows I have medical problems. She has seen me in wheelchairs some days and some days up and walking like nothing is wrong. I don't need the job but I would like to work there because Disney makes me feel better.

That is great news!
Well, legally they can't ask you, so they will only know if you volunteer it.
I personally would have a hard time not telling them. My face would get all red whenever they said anything about the summer (since I would be thinking about August) and they would wonder what was going on in my head.

you said it was only a part time job, right? I personally would tell them because you wouldn't want to have to lie to them on the days you go to the hospital and have them think you're dishonest.

I'd go in there and be upfront and tell them how Disney makes you feel....you might just be the person they need in the store...someone who loves their "products" and is very knowledgable about...go with what you're heart tells you is right..

good luck - i hope you get the job! :pinkbounc

case in point...

I was hired for my current position b4 I explained (and they understood quite happily) that I have ostomies and sometimes after meals (breaks included) I can be in the Ladie's room for up to 45 min at a time..and that when I needed them to know (somwtimes it happens and I dont know myself) I call it my "situation" and I may be gone for a while

but again anything medical you DONT have to volunteer legally....because legally they cant ask you...

I would just do like you would for any other day off, either schedule the appts fr when you have a day off or just ask your days off a week in advance like your supposed to...

they dont need to know anything you may be too uncomfortable to tell them... the only person besides my immediate suppervisors at work that know about my ostomies is a ladie that is a retire paramedic :)

I wouldnt dare speak to anyone else about this... I just told them (supervisors) as courtesy :)

Hi eeyore lover, good luck on the job. I must agree with the others, I would be upfront and tell them. They could probably just schedule around your need for medical visits. I would hope they would be happy to have such an enthusiastic employee. I work for a human service agency here in Mass and we have all kinds of folks working for us, a good employee is a good employee. I'm jealous I would love to work for Disney, but there are not a lot of stores here just 3 that I know of. Go for it. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi there!

Speaking as a member of the management team at a Disney Store, put me in the "yes" column, about telling the person interviewing you. We have some CMs in the store who can't do heavy lifting, or are afraid of heights and can't climb the ladders, or whatever. Honesty is the best policy. You also seem to know exactly when you'd be unable to work because of hospital visits. We request our days off 3 or more weeks in advance, so I wouldn't see it being an issue.

Good luck!

BTW, S&K'smom.... There are 14 Disney Stores in Massachusetts :)

14 stores! Yippee I'll have to look them up, send any down here to the North Shore. I've been to the one in Boston and the two nearest me. I'm afraid though if I worked for them I'd spend my paycheck spoiling my kids (or me) with all the inventory!!:) Thanks!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Congratulations!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Thanks for sharing the news with us.

That's fantastic, I am so happy for you (and jealous). I'm with Wheelsie, spill the details.

I just explained to them that I may need a couple days off every couple of months for medical testing and that I may need to take some time off if they decide to do surgery. They didn't care. I was actually suppose to do all my new hire paperwork on the 7th but I'm getting my ph probe then so they did it today. My official start date is the 17th. They did list me as handicap though in my employee paperwork. I will only be working their part time but they did say the hours pick up around the holidays.

Thanks everyone !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter