Disney STORE Interview Tips? (Not sure where to post this!)

v_gan

I can go the distance!
Hi! I just got a call from my local Disney Store, requesting that I come in for an interview next Tuesday. I am SO excited, because this will be a great chance for me to get my foot in the company for the first time. I was wondering if any of you have ever interviewed at the Disney Store, and if you could offer any tips on what I should do or how I should dress?

Just what to expect, really. :goodvibes

Thanks!

It's been years for me but dress conservatively. Makeup should be natural and no bright nail polish or more then one piercing in the ears or other visible areas. Have a positive upbeat personality. Unfortunately, a lot of the cast members at my local stores must have come from Children Place and need some serious Disney attitude changes. GOOD LucK.

Sorry that I responded to this so late, as I can offer a great suggestion but you have already had your interview.
I had my interview for TDS a month ago and I wore black slacks, black shoes and a blue top. Something around this is very appropriate for a TDS job especially because it is close to what you would wear to work everyday. The actual costume is a red top and black bottom, but anything close is great. Also, showing that you already comply to the Disney Look is a great first impression as well. You can find info about the Disney Look online but it basically is no/covered tattoos and no body piercings. Also your hair should appear neat.

Also, I would brush up on my answers to typical questions such as:
Why would you like to work at TDS?
What do you consider to be the Disney Difference?
What would you do if [insert worst case scenario here]?
What would you consider to be your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?
Who is your favorite Disney character and why?
These are a few that I was asked and it helped a lot that I knew the answer to most of them from research and personal opinion.

That's about it! And when your interviewer asks you questions, don't forget to mention a little "magic" in your responses, as that is what Disney is all about!
I hope this helped, even though I was late :headache: and if not, maybe it can help anyone else out there who had the same questions!
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter