Disney Stock News & Earnings

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need better, faster, and more content. Current new content release speed is obviously not cutting it if they want more than the diehard and "cheap" subscribers...

Have you all heard of a little thing called Covid...it shutdown production just as D+ was ramping up.

When talking about today’s CDC announcement Bob said, “In terms of the parks, and when we're going to sort of be able to raise our capacity limits, we've actually already started that, given the guidance that just came today, from the CDC, and earlier guidance that we got from the governor of Florida, we've already started to increase our capacities, those obviously today's guidance that we got from the CDC in terms of those that were vaccinated do not necessarily need to wear masks anymore, both outdoors and indoors. Is very big news for us, particularly if anybody's been in Florida in the middle of the summer with a mask on. That could be quite daunting. So we think that's going to make for an even more pleasant experience and we believe that as we're now bringing back a lot of people back to work, that it's going to be an even bigger catalyst for growth in attendance, and we've been quite pleased to date.”

So I think it’s safe to say outdoor masks will be going soon.

It’s releasing its movies this year at the same time they hit theatres. Disney charges a premium for this.
True, I forgot about that but that's a pretty small list and is a one time thing. D+ is also releasing a handful that were planed for theaters and not charging extra.

It has far more content too. Disney+ is a lot like Paramount+.

Yeah, but is the quality as good? I've had free HBO Max for a few months and I have yet to actually watch anything on it. I was checking out my friends Paramount + and it seemed pretty decent too. HBO Max doesn't hit the sweet spot for me and is pretty difficult to navigate too.

When talking about today’s CDC announcement Bob said, “In terms of the parks, and when we're going to sort of be able to raise our capacity limits, we've actually already started that, given the guidance that just came today, from the CDC, and earlier guidance that we got from the governor of Florida, we've already started to increase our capacities, those obviously today's guidance that we got from the CDC in terms of those that were vaccinated do not necessarily need to wear masks anymore, both outdoors and indoors. Is very big news for us, particularly if anybody's been in Florida in the middle of the summer with a mask on. That could be quite daunting. So we think that's going to make for an even more pleasant experience and we believe that as we're now bringing back a lot of people back to work, that it's going to be an even bigger catalyst for growth in attendance, and we've been quite pleased to date.”

I think they'll again let Universal make the 1st move (like they did on the social distancing and temp checks), but they'll follow the next day...

I think Disney plus is just fine with how they do new content and I like most of their new stuff.It is that I would love for them to add a lot of stuff in their catalog that has yet to be added.

I think Disney plus is just fine with how they do new content and I like most of their new stuff.It is that I would love for them to add a lot of stuff in their catalog that has yet to be added.

Agreed, between the legacy Dis catalog and the acquired Fox catalog, they should be near the top of total content.

Netflix is nonstop with content but what has HBO had - exclusive to the streamer?

Quite a lot, actually. I just got an email from HBO Max touting the original series "Hacks" that just premiered. It also highlights a handful of other Max originals. The original show "Made For Love" just recently wrapped up -- that got some attention.

Plus there's the entire regular HBO library, past and present -- including brand new shows Mare of Easttown and The Nevers. Also includes previous critical hits -- Game of Thrones, Sopranos, True Blood -- you name it!

There's effectively no difference anymore between an HBO original and an HBO Max original -- only difference being that a HBO Max original won't air on the TV channel.... but why does that matter anymore? Most people stream anyway, and the streaming service is HBO Max.

What else?

HBO Max has exclusive access to a number of different popular shows -- "Friends" being perhaps the biggest example of that.

Also exclusive access to a trove of DC movies and TV shows as well as a Turner Classic Movie collection, etc etc.

Oh and the entire slate of Warner Brothers new release movies, as someone else already mentioned.

This is incredibly interesting, especially the part about them having already started increasing capacity. Those who highly suspected Disney had upped it's cap higher than 35% in the past month or two appear to be correct!

This is incredibly interesting, especially the part about them having already started increasing capacity. Those who highly suspected Disney had upped it's cap higher than 35% in the past month or two appear to be correct!
Agreed. Seeing whole months replenish availability overnight was obviously an increase but people still wanted to deny it because WDW didn’t announce anything. Why would they? Even today they didn’t give any specifics about cap. It’s easier to assume it’s closer to pre COVID numbers than not - except without FP, shows, parades, and limited entertainment and dining, but full cost.

Agreed. Seeing whole months replenish availability overnight was obviously an increase but people still wanted to deny it because WDW didn’t announce anything. Why would they? Even today they didn’t give any specifics about cap. It’s easier to assume it’s closer to pre COVID numbers than not - except without FP, shows, parades, and limited entertainment and dining, but full cost.
Exactly. They really have no excuse not to bring back shows, parades, restaurants, etc., anymore. It's gauging the customer by cheaping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!