Disney Stock News & Earnings

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not really a Pump and Dump. A lot of people felt Game Stop was significantly over-shorted. They called on that bet, in the same way the shorters called on the bet that Game Stop was over-valued. Both positions are likely correct, but the shorters forgot to keep an eye on the other players.

That's true. And what really fueled it was that the shorts actually shorted 140% of available shares. How is that even allowed and how did they ever think that no one would notice and put the squeeze on them. I was more referring to how the squeeze was so quickly organized on chat boards just like the early days of the internet.

I wonder how Gamestop will shake out.

Game Stop the business will probably fare quite well since Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo are all fielding new consoles. Game Stop the stock who knows although taking out one predatory hedge fund was a good thing. But the last thing any millennial and boomer needs is another crash to wipe out half of one’s retirement savings.

what needs to happen is congress needs to ban shorting period end of story because shorting especially naked shorting which happened here and thats how 140% of shares were traded destroys market liquidity.

171 today. I’m going to be pulling out. It’s going to even out here and then I’ll go back in in about 2 weeks. I mean I’m in for the long haul but there’s times where I like to play the ponies. 😬
I was going to buy back in at 149 but couldn’t help myself. Bought 200 for myself and 20 for each of my kids (That’ll be fun for them) when I saw it dip to 163. Let’s say we all meet up here and have a party when it hits 200!!!!!

Really glad I bought 45 shares last spring when it was under $100 a share. Everyone I know thought it was dumb of me to tie up my cash in a pandemic, But, my job was very secure, so I felt safe doing so. I’ll probably sell in spring 2022, so I can take my son on a graduation trip. Tokyo Disney or bust!!!

And another new high at $188.93 up over $7 today. Expectation is better than expected earnings on Feb. 11. We shall see but the expectations seem sky high currently.

ETA: Correct earnings date. Thanks Dina.

Last edited:
$189.64. Wouldn’t be surprised to see it surpass $200 on Thursday in after hours.

A lot has to go right for that to happen, and it certainly could. Off the top of my head, I think these things would have to happen to pop it over $200 this week (in order of importance): continued explosive D+ growth, significantly better than expected performance at the parks that are open, and some clarity on DL's re-opening.

Some of today's news for those interested:

Only A Year Old And Disney+ Already Is Royalty In The Magic Kingdom And More Earnings News
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/only-old-disney-already-royalty-141803485.html?.tsrc=rss
Disney Stock Has a Lot to Prove This Week
The media giant is hitting new highs this week. It will have to earn them on Thursday
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/only-old-disney-already-royalty-141803485.html?.tsrc=rss
Could Comcast Cash Out on Hulu Early?

One analyst says Disney should buy out Comcast's Hulu stake this year

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/02/09/could-comcast-cash-out-on-hulu-early/

Put my vote last week..again a no on Iger. So excited to see the stock go up! I almost purchased more shares last year when it dropped, kicking myself for not doing it!

Interesting results. Looking forward to the market reaction tomorrow! Still holding my DIS stock but will take a profit on a small percentage when it hits 210.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter