Disney Stock News & Earnings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I thought about buying some when it was under $100 but I thought, nah, at almost $100 a share I couldn't buy that much and it would take a long time to see any real gains, especially with the pandemic. :faint:

We bought some just under $100. Pretty happy we did, but we should have jumped on it when it dropped to $80.

I bought 6000 shares in 1991-1996 for approx. $10.00 a share.
Then I needed to sell some to supplement my income.
Sold 4000 shares a few years ago for about $16 a share ...but managed to hang on to 2000 shares.
Ugg..I could choke on the $$ I threw away...could have sold a different stock.
My thinking was I had the most Disney stock.

I bought 6000 shares in 1991-1996 for approx. $10.00 a share.
Then I needed to sell some to supplement my income.
Sold 4000 shares a few years ago for about $16 a share ...but managed to hang on to 2000 shares.
Ugg..I could choke on the $$ I threw away...could have sold a different stock.
My thinking was I had the most Disney stock.
Actually it split 4 for 1 after I bought it..thats why I ended up with 6000 shares.

Wish I had bought when we first started going. Shares were only $35 back then.

Me too. I bought exactly one share then, that was right when they had announced they would no longer issue certificates. I should have bought more then

A couple of theories on rising Disney stock: perception is Disney is the most fun/ worth it outlet right now, has rigid protocols in place, feel tradition is slipping away and need an energetic dose of nostalgia, and also a suitable replacement for Americans who are wary of international travel but need a vaccin-acation!

I think Disney+ is driving the stock right now. DL is closed and doesn’t look like it will be open any earlier than midway through 2021 at the earliest.

The price has exceeded all my expectations, that's for sure. I think this push up is because Wall St. has realized that it is one of the few companies in the sweet spot of being both a Stay at Home (explosive D+, Hulu, etc. growth) and a Reopening (travel) play. And yes, there will be a ton of pent up demand for the parks, once we get thru this, hopefully later next year. Those fortunate enough to have not had their income impacted by the pandemic will be ready and willing to spend on special trips like Disney. And they will have money to spend - the savings rate during the pandemic is at a 30 year high and credit card dept is at a 3 year low.

I think most of the market is overvalued....thought that even before the pandemic. Now I am certain of it considering the enormous profits and capital that have been lost but stock prices keep going up.

Enjoy it while it lasts. It's all on thin ice right now. Just make sure to sell the second you see the first crack.

Depending on when you would need the money, selling at the first crack may not be the best decision. if you have a 10 year + time horizon, buying solid companies and riding out the storm might be best. Every single time the market took a dive in the last 100 years, it came back stronger in the the next decade or two. Every single time - the '29 crash, the 2000 dot com crash, the 2010 financial crisis. in fact the speed of the recoveries got faster and faster with each succesive down turn. Timing the market is no easy task, you need to find both the top and then the bottom to get back in. Buy and hold has served me well over more than a few decades and has kept the tax man out of my pocket!

I think most of the market is overvalued....thought that even before the pandemic. Now I am certain of it considering the enormous profits and capital that have been lost but stock prices keep going up.

Enjoy it while it lasts. It's all on thin ice right now. Just make sure to sell the second you see the first crack.

Without a doubt... a year or two worth of lost profits and ongoing expenses for a countless number of companies...but stocks are soaring. If the market were based on actual.profit and performance many of these companies should be near bankrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter