Disney Springs Drone Show

How early should you get a spot before & where's a good place to watch from? Also, if we'd do the late show, would busses still be running to take us back to our resort?
Anywhere along the cement waterside path on West Side, and the grassy field west of House of Blues, are all good viewing. Spots in the restaurants along the former Pleasure Island section also would be able to view well - from Boathouse to Maria & Enzos. Of course, it's still viewable from anywhere along the water in Disney Springs, and in some places set back a bit from the water, but the view may be more angled and might not quite be as visually strong.

Crowds seem to start gathering an hour or more before the show to grab seating spots along there, but other than that opening week or two, there should still be standing room all along that strip.

And yes - busses run from Disney Springs until at least 12:30am - usually until the last guests have gotten a bus out. I've been there on crowded nights around Christmas and the busses were still coming until 1am - as long as people gathered at a bus stop, they'd send a bus.

Maybe so. Although I’ve heard rumors that they are exploring this to eventually bring it to the parks. In such a case it might not totally replace fireworks but would reduce the quantity. Flying drones and cannon shot fireworks won’t mix well. Plus the expenditure on fireworks is huge and we know that Disney and looking everywhere to cut costs
I said the day they announced this is a trial run with the company who is doing this to see if Disney likes it and the croups like it. within a year or 2 this will be the nighttime shows in every park. by by fireworks completely. they will hire this company or buy the drones and have this company carry it out and it will prob still be cheaper than fireworks. fireworks are a thing of the past I think for these drones shows everywhere. didn't New Years this year have a huge drone show instead of fireworks.

I was sad that I could not make it to the show the entire week I was there. Just did not work out with timing and one night the parking lot was full about 30 minutes before.

I said the day they announced this is a trial run with the company who is doing this to see if Disney likes it and the croups like it. within a year or 2 this will be the nighttime shows in every park. by by fireworks completely. they will hire this company or buy the drones and have this company carry it out and it will prob still be cheaper than fireworks. fireworks are a thing of the past I think for these drones shows everywhere. didn't New Years this year have a huge drone show instead of fireworks.
Going to be a sad day in my eyes. But at 67 I guess it won’t fall on me

Hopefully next year I will visit it, too. Btw, you can catch glimpses of the new drone show from certain spots at the Port Orleans resorts, but the view might not be perfect. For the best experience, head to the main areas of Disney Springs where you'll have a clear view. It's always exciting to see these shows up close. If you need other fun activities, contacting surge adventure park customer service can help you find great family-friendly options nearby. Enjoy the drone show and your time at Disney Springs!

Last edited:
We ate at the House of Blues with an 8 p.m. reservation Wednesday, finishing just in time for the show. We got our reservation on OpenTable.

On a sign at the restaurant, it says if you spend $50 per adult and $25 for people under 21, you get a ticket to their deck "VIP" area directly behind the restaurant.

We didn't spend that much, and didn't get a ticket to the VIP area.

That said, they also have an area behind the restaurant, right outside the back doors, that is a bit lower, right next to the "VIP" area. That is where the wait staff told us to go watch and the show was great from there.

After the show ends, there are mobs of people everywhere, similar to the end of the fireworks at MK. Planning to hang out for a while after will be less stressful. There are plenty of Disney workers managing the crowds, however.

The farther you get away from West Side, the crowds will be much less if you want a treat or something after the show. For example, there were 50 people or more waiting at Salt and Straw in a giant mob and zero at Sprinkles.

We finally left the Orange Garage about 1 hour after the show and got out with no delays or issues.

The drone show does appear to be drawing more people to Disney Springs compared to the last time we were there, almost exactly a year ago. I noticed more lines of people waiting to do things and it "felt" more crowded. We arrived by car and had no issues parking, however.

Maybe so. Although I’ve heard rumors that they are exploring this to eventually bring it to the parks. In such a case it might not totally replace fireworks but would reduce the quantity. Flying drones and cannon shot fireworks won’t mix well. Plus the expenditure on fireworks is huge and we know that Disney and looking everywhere to cut costs
Disneyland Paris now uses drones at the castle with the castle projections

At opentable.com we were able to reserve a "Disney Dreams That Soar Tasting Experience" at Jaleo. Apparently, we'll be able to watch the show from the restaurant's waterfront patio. Reserving through MyDisneyExperience did not have this option. Our reservation is not until mid-July so 🤞 it's worth it!!

Thanks for posting this info! DD just started her second round in the College Program, and I’m going to visit over Labor Day weekend, to celebrate both of our birthdays. I was able to get a reservation on my birthday (and I love Jaleo)!

I hope the drones don't replace fireworks entirely, but provide a way to plus up the current fireworks shows.

Also allows them to do a night time show at AK without disturbing the animals.

FWIW I think the show is fantastic.

Absolutely. Down by the water in Congress Park.

The only downside is the words at the end will be backwards, and there are some lighting effects on the buildings of SSR that you won't see. These are. not significant detractors, and it's a very cool show.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter