Disney Springs boats at OKW?

Disneykate605

Disney Life
I was wondering if the boats to Disney Springs are running yet from Old Key West? We are going in 2 weeks and would be so happy if they started running again in time for our trip!!

I've been wondering this, as well. We were at OKW in March and really missed the boat option. We were told at the time it was because of social distancing and DS temperature check issues. I don't think there are temp checks anymore, and the distancing requirements are very different now. Seems like as long as they can get some staff back on the boats, they should be running them again. Hope it's soon. That's a huge plus for OKW stays.

I think staffing is a big issue. You can't just plop a DCP kid on a boat or a bus, and so transport continues to be a bottleneck and a hiring problem.

Trust me...If the boat service was a revenue generating feature, they would have been up and operating months ago. I sure hope it's not one more thing that will never come back and we have to continue to pay more for less !

Trust me...If the boat service was a revenue generating feature, they would have been up and operating months ago. I sure hope it's not one more thing that will never come back and we have to continue to pay more for less !
I have to think it will return. They've got too many guests who want a non-bus option to DS from OKW and the Port Orleans resorts, and back, of course!

I have to think it will return. They've got too many guests who want a non-bus option to DS from OKW and the Port Orleans resorts, and back, of course!
When we stayed at POR back in 2017 that boat ride was long. Longer than what a bus ride would be. OKW and SSR boat rides are nice and quick.

When we stayed at POR back in 2017 that boat ride was long. Longer than what a bus ride would be. OKW and SSR boat rides are nice and quick.

It may have seemed long but at the same time it's very enjoyable (IMHO) and you get to see parts of WDW that you wouldn't normally see. I for one really enjoy all the different types of boat transportation and hope that at some point all will be operating again.

It may have seemed long but at the same time it's very enjoyable (IMHO) and you get to see parts of WDW that you wouldn't normally see. I for one really enjoy all the different types of boat transportation and hope that at some point all will be operating again.

so true! We really enjoy the boat ride, and I would much rather be on a relaxing boat ride than stuck on a bus, no matter how long it is

I have mentioned this before several times. These boats are not run by Disney, but by the Disney Springs Retail Association or whatever they call themselves. Their return will be controlled by the association and when they decide there is sufficient traffic to support it, probably not until all of the Disney Springs boat connected resorts re-open in Oct.

I have mentioned this before several times. These boats are not run by Disney, but by the Disney Springs Retail Association or whatever they call themselves. Their return will be controlled by the association and when they decide there is sufficient traffic to support it, probably not until all of the Disney Springs boat connected resorts re-open in Oct.
Given this info, is there any reason to hope that *possibly* they might start the newly trained skippers (assuming they'll have a lot of these) running the SSR/OKW/DS route a little bit ahead of the official POR opening? To give them an early start before increased crowds from POR/FQ. We check out of our SSR/OKW split stay on Oct 13th.

Given this info, is there any reason to hope that *possibly* they might start the newly trained skippers (assuming they'll have a lot of these) running the SSR/OKW/DS route a little bit ahead of the official POR opening?
I think there is. The Sassagoula boat drivers are currently deployed at the Friendship boats. It would make sense to bring them back to Sassagoula in bunches so that the Friendship Boats don’t lose too many captains too quickly.

I've read on other posts that the boats have been running again. I've not seen it first-hand, but I think they are on the move again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter