Disney songs on your running playlist?

alon86

PHM - Feb 2022! First runDisney!
Couldn't find a prior post in this forum about any running music/playlists? (surprising!)

I'd love to hear which Disney songs are on your running playlist. I recently added "Into the Unknown" cover by Panic at the Disco (it's so good), but I don't have a ton of other Disney songs or covers. We listen to the Disney station on Sirius XM in the car all the time, so I've been getting more ideas from that lately, but clearly not all Disney songs are running songs! Always looking for new, good songs to add to my list. TIA!

My only requirements for my playlist is that they be upbeat so I have several...

When Will My Life Begin - Tangled
Zero to Hero - Hercules
How Far I'll Go - Moana
You're Welcome - Moana
Almost There - Princess and the Frog
Dig a Little Deeper - Princess and the Frog
When We're Human - Princess and the Frog
I Thought I Lost You - Bolt
That's How You Know - Enchanted
Fixer Upper - Frozen
Life is a Highway - Cars
Touch the Sky - Brave

I don't have a lot, but always include these two in my race day playlist:

Zero to Hero - Hercules
Go the Distance - Hercules
Touch the Sky - Brave

I also include these Disney-adjacent tunes:

My Shot - Hamilton
The Greatest Show - Greatest Showman
This is Me - Greatest Showman

Couldn't find a prior post in this forum about any running music/playlists? (surprising!)

I'd love to hear which Disney songs are on your running playlist. I recently added "Into the Unknown" cover by Panic at the Disco (it's so good), but I don't have a ton of other Disney songs or covers. We listen to the Disney station on Sirius XM in the car all the time, so I've been getting more ideas from that lately, but clearly not all Disney songs are running songs! Always looking for new, good songs to add to my list. TIA!
YouTube has a 4-hour Soarin exit music loop. It is awesome for long slow distance.

Every running playlist i have created i always include "Be our guest" - Beauty and the Beast (i find it very uplifting but so many happy memories watching this live at HS with my son)

I always have Disney songs ready to go :)

Under the Sea
Poor Unfortunate Souls
I just can’t wait to be king (Elton John version)
Zero to Hero
Make a man out of you
Son of Man
Step in Time
Everybody wants to be a cat
Touch the sky
Pirates of the Caribbean suite
Dig a little deeper
Almost there

I like to start with the Avengers theme, use the 90-second "He's a Pirate" track as my go-to when I need a little burst of energy, and of course finish with "Go the Distance".

Nothing like rousing music to make you feel like you've accomplished something, even if you've only dragged your fat butt 3 miles in 35 minutes. :earboy2:

I like having music with me that has multiple beats and rhythm going on at once that allows me to tie my cadence into the beat. It is technically Disney, but not the typical songs from the classic Movies.

I listen to Tron Legacy: R3Configur3D quite a bit. It helps me to disappear from my run and settle into the music.

I am also a fan of the Wreck-it Ralph Soundtrack: When Can I see you Again - Owl City, Shut Up And Drive - Rihanna
A big fan of Phil Collins on the Tarzan Soundtrack as well.

My only requirements for my playlist is that they be upbeat so I have several...

When Will My Life Begin - Tangled
Zero to Hero - Hercules
How Far I'll Go - Moana
You're Welcome - Moana
Almost There - Princess and the Frog
Dig a Little Deeper - Princess and the Frog
When We're Human - Princess and the Frog
I Thought I Lost You - Bolt
That's How You Know - Enchanted
Fixer Upper - Frozen
Life is a Highway - Cars
Touch the Sky - Brave
I completely agree with the upbeat song requirement. I'd like to make a suggestion..."Shut Up and Drive" from Wreck-It-Ralph. Even amongst all of the above upbeat songs (that I have on my playlist as well), this one stands out.

Any runDisney playlist that doesn't have I'll Make a Man Out of You is incomplete.

Along with most of the ones previously mentioned, I really enjoy the pop version of Zip-a-dee-doo-day by Aly and AJ, Eye to Eye from A Goofy Movie, and Strangers Like Me from Tarzan.

I’ve been working on a playlist and thinking of this thread last night on my way home. I was trying to think of more songs and as I was pulling into my driveway, ‘running on empty’ came on the radio. I said ‘not funny’ to the radio like my car is Bumblebee. I know it’s not Disney, but thought maybe some you would get a laugh!

Was looking for inspiration for my W&D playlist - Thanks for the contributions! If anyone has anything a little evil or halloween themed to share - please do!!

I wanted to share this suggestion that’s always on my list and did not see already!

“ Life is a Highway” from Cars..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter