Disney Resort Vortex- is there an escape?

I so enjoyed your comments about grandparents and being frugal. My mother is 76 and I drive her crazy when she asks the girls what I spent on vacation. My parents thought of a day at the beach as a vacation and I can spent 20K at Disney without really trying. Many times your first idea is your best idea. Now if you want off the hook on deciding do what I do ask your family. The girls (10 and 18) decide where we are staying and tell me. The only downsides are they have decided that they are deluxe girls and I have always wanted to stay at The Contemporary but they think its not Disney enough.
What??
It's one of the first resorts, and you can WALK to the MK! No other resort offers that. The monorail coming right into the building, the ( cheesy) water pageant floating by every night....It's awesome!

I wish my husband would let me do this. He gets stuck at the one resort we visited and now simply refuses to go anywhere else because he knows his way around there and is comfortable 😒. So I think for our rest of our time going to Disney we won’t be visiting anywhere else 😫. I really wanted to stay at BC too.

But I did do this last time with booking restaurants

What??
It's one of the first resorts, and you can WALK to the MK! No other resort offers that. The monorail coming right into the building, the ( cheesy) water pageant floating by every night....It's awesome!
I agree with you but I take these vacations for them and on our next trip I am going to schedule a few meals that way to get them to walk thru.

I understand the wanting the perfect trip through planning. Disney seems to throw a few wrenches in, though. We will also be travelling with all college age "children" on our next trip and I so want it to be amazing since it may be the last trip I can get everyone one the same family schedule. Oh, the pressure! Fortunately, everyone in the family is more chill than me; so I know I need to stop stressing.
My number-one tip for excellent family planning is: involve the family in the planning. I'm always surprised when I ask my crew what they most want at WDW because they each want something that I wouldn't have considered a 'must-do' and they are "meh" about something that I thought was a favorite. They are growing up :scared: I'm not delusional, we left Dumbo behind 18 years ago; but their perspective on entertainment value of things keeps changing. They get time to do somethings themselves also while DH and I relax too. Every trip has surprises, both good and not - you can be worried about a less than perfect trip the whole time, or you can say "I planned to my best reasonable ability and now we're going to enjoy this vacation."
Congratulations on the weight loss and enjoy your vacation pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter