Disney Policy Changes. Know before you go.

I saw it. I smoke, not around kids or even in there veiw. I would always go away from others. I will have to try quitting again for the 10 millionth time. Not going to be a happy experience.

I saw it. I smoke, not around kids or even in there veiw. I would always go away from others. I will have to try quitting again for the 10 millionth time. Not going to be a happy experience.

It's doable, but I know it isn't easy. Smoked for 20+ years. Tried off and on for 3 years before finally letting them go. Way I pulled it off was to allow myself pack a day for a month. At the end of the month I halved it. End of that month halved it again. By the end of 6 months I was smoking like 2 a day. I allowed myself one on the way to work and way home. After about 2-3 months I found I was driving home and not even thinking about one. When you get to the point of 2 a day, it's no longer about nicotine. Nicotine is out of your body in 1-2 hours, it was just a habit. I found at that point if I had a straw or something to chew on and fidget with it made it easier.

I'm a medical professional, so don't be surprised when I tell you to quit without the medication assistance. Those meds have a lot of side effects. Will power is the best option.

Good luck, I really mean it.

I did stop smoking, once , but then got divorced. And i went right back to smoking. Now dealing with the ex wife, rasing my 7 yo by myself and a high stress job isn't helping. 35 years smoking for me. Not going to be easy, but I'll give it a whirl. Thanks all.

Good. Horrific watching my mother die an agonizing, suffocating death from smoking :worried: Trust me it ain't pretty. So if you want to that's fine but I hope you do think about it. And I definitely do not want or need your second hand smoke.

You can do it! DW and I smoked for 30+ years, 2 packs a day for me and about 1 for her, quit cold turkey, still had a half carton on the refrigerator when we quit. Biggest thing I can tell you, you have to WANT to quit, I found that was the biggest thing, we had tried before too, always found the excuse, ie, son fell and broke his wrist, stressed, DFIL in hospital, so forth and so on so we know your pain. I bought some hard candies and used that a way to occupy myself. That was 20+ years ago and we decided we could finance a camper on what we were spending in smokes a month. Quit and bought the camper and haven't looked back. Have strength! DW and I still laugh to this day about how we would have to get off a ride at WDW and then find a smoking area, we were thinking about all the time we missed, LOL.

eta: I still can't believe the people I read about not going to Disney anymore because of the smoking change. We smoked for 30+ years and not once in those years when we were looking at vacation places did we check about being able to smoke first as a criteria to where we should go.

You can do it! DW and I smoked for 30+ years, 2 packs a day for me and about 1 for her, quit cold turkey, still had a half carton on the refrigerator when we quit. Biggest thing I can tell you, you have to WANT to quit, I found that was the biggest thing, we had tried before too, always found the excuse, ie, son fell and broke his wrist, stressed, DFIL in hospital, so forth and so on so we know your pain. I bought some hard candies and used that a way to occupy myself. That was 20+ years ago and we decided we could finance a camper on what we were spending in smokes a month. Quit and bought the camper and haven't looked back. Have strength! DW and I still laugh to this day about how we would have to get off a ride at WDW and then find a smoking area, we were thinking about all the time we missed, LOL.

eta: I still can't believe the people I read about not going to Disney anymore because of the smoking change. We smoked for 30+ years and not once in those years when we were looking at vacation places did we check about being able to smoke first as a criteria to where we should go.

So true, you have to want to quit. DW and I also smoked 30+ for me 20+ for her, we wanted a Travel Trailer, the only way we could afford it was to quit. I used sunflower seeds, you can do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter