Disney Pins? Show Me Your Pics!!

Tink91

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I am curious to know what Disney Pins are all about??
I know people collect them and you can get them at loads of different places throughout the park and for celebrations etc. But I don't really understand the whole process?

I am going in September and kind of want to get some pins, help!!?

It's mostly another expression of the love people have for Disney. Disney pins come in all shapes and sizes, and feature all the Disney characters doing anything and everything. A good place to start is to decide what your favorite Disney thing is, like a character, a movie, or a ride, or even a park, and then get pins based on that theme. You can get them for anywhere from a few dollars on up. There are tons of people who buy, sell, and trade pins. Once you start, you won't want to stop.

If you go to the main DIS Discussion Forums above you will find a section on just pins and pin trading that willl help you get up to speed on this fun hobby!

Enjoy pin hunting!

:thumbsup2

Well it depends on what you'd like to know. I would suggest you start by stopping into the Collector's Board area, we traders have quite a few threads there. Then I'd suggest you stop by pinpics.com and just look at some of the pins. Then I'd suggest you decide if you want to collect only or if you are going to trade and then ask questions based on that. If you have a particular question let us know, we are happy to help!

Hello,

I am curious to know what Disney Pins are all about??
I know people collect them and you can get them at loads of different places throughout the park and for celebrations etc. But I don't really understand the whole process?

I am going in September and kind of want to get some pins, help!!?

I do quite a bit of pin trading. It's a pretty simple hobby.

Cast members throughout the Parks have lanyards and hip pouches with pins. They are ALL for trading with guests. They are not the CMs personal pins. Simply approach them and ask nicely if you can look at their pins. They will show you what is on their lanyard (or pouch). If you see something you like, tell them, give them any Disney pin in exchange, and the pin is yours.

A few simple rules:
1. You can only trade 2 pins per CM.
2. They cannot take a pin that is already on their lanyard.
3 There are some lanyards that are teal colored. Those are for kid (under 12) traders only.

Does that help? If you have any further questions, post here and I will try to answer.

I started out with 1 pin gifted to me from a friend who collected. I thought the pins were cute, but "am not collecting them." I now have over 350 pins. :upsidedow

- Dreams

I would love this one....
haunted-mansion-pin.jpg

Earlier this month, I met a trader who advised people looking about getting into pins to get out now before they even started. :lmao: You know about the old Disney snowball? It can be worse with pins.

That said, trading can be a lot of fun and gives you a nice way to interact with CMs and fellow guests. I had one CM give me 2 pins beyond the trade and go back looking for more from my favorite film because she felt like it.

If you get into it, I would advise you to select one or two themes/characters to begin with and go from there. And be patient. You're going to find old pins that you must have. With patience, you can acquire them through trade or ebay

I love pin trading! Most of mine are ride themed, but I do have some that differ from that path. It is just so much fun looking for a new and exciting pin to help show your love for Disney.

Why has no one started a thread with pictures of their pins?

I do not collect per say, I only trade the ones I get from the travel company's .
but so far I have about 15 of them. I like the ride ones, :)

Oh this sounds so exciting!! I want to see pictures, anyone willing to show me???

I think I want Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan pins, are they available?

How cool is it with the CM trading!!! Do i just use any old Lanyard??

I'll take some pictures in a little bit so you can see some of mine. I'll post them on this thread when I'm done.

Oh this sounds so exciting!! I want to see pictures, anyone willing to show me???

I think I want Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan pins, are they available?

How cool is it with the CM trading!!! Do i just use any old Lanyard??

I think pretty much any character or theme is available. DH just started trading recently and we've seen all kinds of different things. DH is mainly collecting reptiles (various turtles, crocodile from PP) amphibians (mr. toad) and sharks (nemo and little mermaid). He will also just trade randomly if he has a pin he doesn't care about. He figures if he doesn't care about that pin anyway, he might as well trade it just for fun even if the trade isn't something he really wants either.

You can use any lanyard. I got one off the internet that was cheaper but it isn't as soft as the ones they sell at DLR. Also, you don't even "need" a lanyard. DH started trading because our nephew trades and when we went with him he gave DH 2 pins to trade. DH didn't have a lanyard at first so he just put them on his sweatshirt sleeve! It was actually kind of funny because he would whip is arm out with his 2 pins there and he was ready to trade! :rotfl:

I think pretty much any character or theme is available. DH just started trading recently and we've seen all kinds of different things. DH is mainly collecting reptiles (various turtles, crocodile from PP) amphibians (mr. toad) and sharks (nemo and little mermaid). He will also just trade randomly if he has a pin he doesn't care about. He figures if he doesn't care about that pin anyway, he might as well trade it just for fun even if the trade isn't something he really wants either.

You can use any lanyard. I got one off the internet that was cheaper but it isn't as soft as the ones they sell at DLR. Also, you don't even "need" a lanyard. DH started trading because our nephew trades and when we went with him he gave DH 2 pins to trade. DH didn't have a lanyard at first so he just put them on his sweatshirt sleeve! It was actually kind of funny because he would whip is arm out with his 2 pins there and he was ready to trade! :rotfl:

:lmao: That reminds me of something out of a movie, very original lol.

I love pin trading! Most of mine are ride themed, but I do have some that differ from that path. It is just so much fun looking for a new and exciting pin to help show your love for Disney.

Why has no one started a thread with pictures of their pins?

I just the title of the thread so I can see everyones photos!!!

Well, I like all my pins, so I don't trade. I don't have any I don't want. :rotfl: I don't wear them to DLR, I wear them to work. As a pre-k teacher I wear them on my whistle lanyard. Every week we learn a different letter. So I wear a pin that starts with that letter. They aren't all Disney pins, but are becoming so more and more. Maybe eventually I'll have the entire alpahbet in Disney pins. :goodvibes

One pin I especially wanted was Kuzco from The Emperor's New Groove. I love that movie!! I looked all over DLR- nothing. I checked on ebay and only found one person selling it for $70. :sad2: Needless to say, I don't have him.

I just started and I have come to love the hidden mickey pins I will take pics of mine and post them here tomorrow!!!

I like the Hidden Mickey ones too! I just bought 3 of the Princess Hidden Micket ones off Ebay, I want all of those ones then random Disney Princess Ones.

Look what you have all done to me:rotfl:

I think the alphabet pins are a really cute idea, I am sure the kids love them!

We collect a full lanyard each on every trip as a way to sort of commemorate that specific trip. If it's a holiday, we'll fill it up with as many holiday pins as we can. If not a holiday, it's usually just what we like at the time. One trip was mostly rides, another was mostly villains. One trip was nothing but Mickey pins. Just kind of depends.

Afterwards we have a long shadow box we display both lanyards in and have all of them hanging in our "disney" room. Sorry I don't have pics of them.

Yet.

Well, I love the pins but have resisted collecting them. I have a few that were gifts and one that I just had to have. It's a 3-D Alice in Wonderland pin, which would be very hard to wear I think! Here it is:

3288107557_06650e9b6e.jpg

Well, I love the pins but have resisted collecting them. I have a few that were gifts and one that I just had to have. It's a 3-D Alice in Wonderland pin, which would be very hard to wear I think! Here it is:

3288107557_06650e9b6e.jpg

OMG I want this pin!!!!!! thats wonderful, can one still get this pin??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter